1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Ships - What does your ship look like?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mara, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

TECHNOLOGIC SENSOR PARKING THINGS

2. Birds

Birds Not Stanley

Initially, it was a much smaller ship that was destroyed and had a chunk of it drifting out in space which my character just added on to. It actually doesn't have any engines anymore and can't move at all. It just kinda floats there as an ugly-looking satellite.

3. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

looked pretty intact to me *shrug* Oh well its a nice ship regardless

4. Sen

Sen Guest

Work in progress.[​IMG]

5. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

EH. CUT THAT OUT.

6. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

Its dark, what are you making the frame out of? It looks very good and sharp.

EDIT: Looks almost like your frame or "outside" is a png.

7. SkyTheGooselord

SkyTheGooselord New Member

I made my first ship! Ahhhhh. It's not great (it's a piece of crap). But I think I did okay for a first try. I think.

Heavily zoomed out image, to show all the stuff:
    [​IMG]

Main ship:
    [​IMG]

The junkball in tow!
    [​IMG]

This is for my character Sepheri, a glitch scavenger. There's already signs of hoarding, but as she explores, there's the bound to be giant piles of things. Anywho, the ship itself is a past fighter vessel, which was repurposed as a smuggler's ship. After much abuse, it was left in a massive junkyard among an asteroid field, where Sepheri had spent most of her young life. She always had a passion for exploring the stars, but when she got the ship in working order, she worried about getting homesick. So she turned a cargo slot into a hook for her to chain her old home to, and bring it about.

Any critique is welcome! Just go gentle on me, I'm new to this ship building thing ;-;

8. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

[​IMG]
    Still some empty spots, and I want to do something below the ship for boosters. The Bow's a bit TOO straight for my tastes. But all in all, the Advent Justice is looking swell.

9. TheAngryMelon

TheAngryMelon The most furious fruit

Redid Vivian's ship.
    I'll admit, her old Frigate was adorable, but she needed something with a bit more HUAGH.

[​IMG]
    I know not all of it's lit, but I wanted to avoid the little holes in the hull.

EDIT: Oh, right. It's called the Bastion.

#309 TheAngryMelon, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  10. Dreganius

Dreganius Dearly Departed

...I like those thrusters. Mind if I steal the design for a smaller ship of mine in the future?

11. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

Bastion, a very appropriate name. I'm currently replaying the game

12. TheAngryMelon

TheAngryMelon The most furious fruit

I've been unfortunate enough to have never played it. It's on my to-do list though.

13. xShockwirex

xShockwirex New Member

Attached Files:

14. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

as much as I like to see glitch architect put into good use, It bugs the heck out of me when the captains chair, or some rooms are simply "outside" Unless you have some sort of dome over it, realistically it makes no sense. your in space! this ship with its many wooden doors would get ripped apart by the vacuum!. Alas, I love the design and overall good job. I just suggest next time, try and keep things a little more realistic if you want ^.^

Here is an example, a ship i'm currently working on. Glitch styled more or less, but the request was for a Final fantasy styled pirate ship.[​IMG]
    The back is not finished, but you can see we are keeping its wood design true, and the decks are accessible by airlocks. Normally walk able if you are to land the ship on a planet

15. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

I've honestly beat in in 6 hours. single sit through. The game feels like your always clutching and its hard to stop playing

16. HumanoidFern

HumanoidFern New Member

Attached Files:

17. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Tcheh. Feel free. They're a bit of a prototype, as I mostly just didn't want them looking like flat squares sticking out of the ship, you're free to use and modify to your hearts content... As long as it's before I patent them, then you're out of luck.

18. Azeliblehblehbleh

Azeliblehblehbleh New Member

http://imgur.com/Zjr4zQp

My ship. :3

Unfortunately I don't know how to get this to show up as an image here...

EDIT:

I managed to corral the chef and guard back into the asteroid and set up wired buttons to the door so that they won't make another run for it. It works better this way.

Second Edit:

The idea is that Milly and Gerard added onto the ship (the bathroom) and revamped it during their ownership (it hasn't been altered since). Evelynn frequently docks at the asteroid featured to the right (which the S.S. Flounder is currently docked at now) as it is an avian market, and she does sell her merchandise quite often, being both a blacksmith and a merchant. She sells her own goods and does it well. ;)

#318 Azeliblehblehbleh, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  19. Sen

Sen Guest

More progress on the jellymobile.[​IMG]

20. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

How even? Is that a png?