1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Ships - What does your ship look like?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mara, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Shalken

Shalken New Member

My character is a filthy rich high-class smuggler, and a damn good one too. Plus lots of friends/trade partners outside the galaxy. However, it did take up probably around 80-90% of his total funds. He just wanted a really big toy.

2. Psyloken

Psyloken New Member

Very VERY cool!!! You guys are soo creative... feels like my ship is pretty lame lol.

3. Narfball

Narfball narfball

Smugglers don't have friends. Smugglers DO have partners.
    Smugglers aren't rich. They smuggle because they're poor, they're good at it, and it's what they have to do to survive. Your excuse is fifty shades of shit. Seriously. I'm legitimately mad that you'd respond like that. Your ship is too huge to even fit on the screen at what appears to be 1x zoom. That'd cost upwards 40 billion pixels, or even more than that. A smuggler would barely be able to afford something along the lines of a ship barely bigger than Flora's. I'm calling you on the carpet here. Your excuse is oozing with industrial grade stupid and I expect you to back everything up with hard facts, and well explained character story. If you can't even do that, you have no reason to have such a big ship, or "LOTS OF FRIENDS" outside the galaxy. And what the hell's a smuggler got to trade? Does your character even smuggle anything? Or does (s)he just steal from people and pawn it off to fences? Shit, man, I can go on a rant for hours about this, but I won't.

4. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

Terallis wasn't lying when he mentioned the RA. We, of ALL people, don't have the funds the create something like that, and our faction is a fleet of spaceships! Not to mention something of that size probably isn't even possible. Hull construction alone would cost billions of pixels, like narfball said. And that doesn't even begin to cover the technical details. How much power does that thing require to prevent it from falling out of the sky and crushing a small city? How much power to get it to orbital velocity, not to mention FTL? How much money per day must fuel cost?

Seriously? And your character is a smuggler?

5. Shalken

Shalken New Member

Alright, you guys have made some really good points, I guess I hadn't thought it all the way through...I'll have to make something a lot smaller. I'll just stash away the shipfile somewhere, I won't RP with it anymore.

6. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

The Dianthus Cartel did a dishonest trade and we barely managed to get a large frigate to be our main ship. We have to do mining and are planning to sell it off on the black market to get some funds back.

Yet he comes in with basically the same "trade" and manages to procure a ship about 50 times anything anyone is able to do IC'ly?
    Not sure how much the Order and other fleet flagships cost, but out small frigate thing is about 7-9 mil pixels, which means those are maybe 15-20. Forget 40 Bil, his ship would be probably 80-100 bil which is the scariest prospect I've seen.

#246 Reconus, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  7. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Oi. Back to actual pictures ye gits.

Here's a residential ship for the HKC, cuz no one looks at our faction page. :(
    [​IMG]

8. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

wow that massive ion shit is too big (the smuggler shit)

9. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Yeah. Definitely a good idea to keep the ship file. The points relating to the RP have been made. However, at the same time, it's a VERY well built ship. Last time I tried constructing a large ship, it looked ugly as hell. XD

Also, Ray, that design is really unique and interesting. I like it.

10. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

Its funny because I actually looked at your page and saw this ship and read the description a day ago.

11. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

OI YOU GIT ILL BASH YO 'ED IN, GIT OFF THA BLOODY SMUGGLER N ADMIRE MY ARTISTIC TALENT

--le edit cuz over 9000 people posted while typing this-- Thanks yall <3

12. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

ALREADY DID UMAD

13. Dreganius

Dreganius Dearly Departed

Hey we're getting there! Slowly...

Wait til you see the plans for our Battleships :D
    (ICly its gonna take like 1 month for ALL our shipyards working around the clock just to build one from the time we start its construction)

Next on the list is our Frigates, then Fighters/Bombers, then Battlecruisers, and only THEN will I look at our Battleship. and then maybe the Dreadnought

14. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

not if we beat you there first

punk

15. Dreganius

Dreganius Dearly Departed

How would you beating us there make a difference?

16. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

MEANWHILE IN STAR RULER.
    AI BEAT YOU ABOUT 6 HOURS AGO AS YOU REALIZE YOUR BATTLESHIPS DIE TO AI FIGHTERS.

17. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

bragging rights :mad:

18. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

MEANWHILE IN EMPIRE AT WAR

I JUST CONSTRUCTED A DEATH STAR IN AROUND FIVE MINUTES

COME AT ME BRAH

19. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

I LOVE THAT GAME HOLY SHIT

20. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Doesn't the Starbound lore say the US Fleet is the largest?