1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[2/21/14] Recent Issues

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Feb 21, 2014.

1. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Hey Kaz, I have a station colony I've been building which hasn't been wiped yet and was hoping to get a backup of it before it does possibly disappear....

I'd greatly appreciate it, I'd still like to continue on the project either on the server or singleplayer, or another server without having it all be for nothing.

2. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

Send him a PM with the info. See also: The other announcement regarding it.

3. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Thank you!

Hopefully everything goes well with the test, let's all keep our fingers crossed! :O

4. White

White The Guy who is always working.

We don't want a wipe, but the fact that the entire world is constantly wiping itself seemingly at random, is -tearing- the server apart, now we only want to see if we wipe the entire world, and build up a few cities, structures here'n there. and see.. does it still go crazy and wipe off colonies/citites/planets. or does it behave? because certainly anything is better than this, where almost everyone is just waiting for the ability to build again, and most of the major rp hubs are gone/missing/wiping itself. kaz can't take a full time job of unwiping all the colonies whenever they wipe themselves.

I hope i don't come off as hostile/aggressive, i've put alot of time into CC on avalon, and i for sure don't want it wiped, but the current stance, but we should atleast rule out potential wipe causes which this will.

if it doesn't fix it we'll just add the colonies back in.

But i don't think anyone wants a wipe Hour, we just want to be able to progress again.. as atm it aint possible.

5. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

Server is down again. Sorry for the rant but

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO LET EUROPEANS PLAY!!

Seriously, Watching the "online" banner at late night right when I can't get on and seeing the server down all the time I can get on it is diving me mad.

6. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

I dobut we care for the worlds much right now. We just want to play again.

7. White

White The Guy who is always working.

I'd imagine its a hardcrash, and he's not intentionally taking down the server, nothing he can do about it, man gotta sleep/work as much as anyone else. and chuckelfish is the one to yell at for not making the mp more stable.

8. Fen

Fen Pretty ßird

Yeah, Its usually down all day for me too.. I only get to play early in the morning :,,,,,,,,,,,,(

9. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

I know he can't do much, and I'm not blaming him.

I just want to play.

10. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

Trust me, Chucklefish has been getting it. I may not want use the server, due to recent events, but that doesn't mean I can't discuss these things. Although I might've done a bit too much complaining at this point. I just want to know what the issue is from Chucklefish themselves.

We all have that "I just want to play" mentality, and that's great. But seriously, what did they DO?

11. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

I don't think puttin stress on the starbound rp team by writin' in big letters will change anything, they already said times a plenty they're working on the matter and testing as much as they can

12. Trite

Trite New Member

As much as I love slammin' chucklefish lets try to not turn this thread into Chucklefish hateblog 2014.

As a fellow yuropfriend I don't really notice the server being down myself, then again I do play at ungodly hours. (like what, 8am EST?)

13. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

14. Fen

Fen Pretty ßird

No of course not, this is nothing against no one. Im just saying. It's been down during the days the past couple of days at least.

15. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

I am also curious as to what drives the server down at around 6am EST until Kaz 'o clock EST. The three times it has come down this last week, it has seemingly been consistently at that hour, which hopefully helps in checking the error logs. Today it was pretty much exactly at 6:30am EST -- after several hours of smooth sailing, the server crashed twice and didn't recover from that second crash.

16. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

yep, it's consistent. wonder why too.

17. Ivrian

Ivrian New Member

Sorry to rock your boat here, but I had no problems whatsoever except for the occasional crash.

And please people, patience is a virtue give both Chucklefish for the game it's side and the Moderator's the time to look into it concerning the server, It's still an early acces game after all. Complaining about it won't make a difference.

18. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

And unfortunately all after the new patch had been applied, as the first time happened the evening (my evening) the servers had updated to Enraged Koala.

19. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

I'm EU and it's fine for me. I play late night, early morning and during the day, always good.

Also:
    [​IMG]

20. Fen

Fen Pretty ßird

Where in Europe?