1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[2/21/14] Recent Issues

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

I sat in Honeydew for 15 minutes after hearing that report on Galaxychat. Then I beamed up and down about 6 times trying to isolate the problem. Had no problems. John the Glitch was also there, twirling his moustache in the pub. As I could not repeat the crash, I somehow doubt Prior is the issue.

Also reports indicate that Prior recently vanished.

2. BIGtheRED

BIGtheRED Honey-glazed Bacon

This is true.

I am a little pissed.
    My facility is gone too that means.

3. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

So the colony hit list: Mattis, Avalon, Tallest Tree, and now the Prior?

4. InfernoFiend

InfernoFiend Sake Soldier

I thought Tetanus Fields were gone as well? There were also rumors of Opportunity being gone also.

5. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned:

It may be worth noting that Avalon has been wipe-wiped a few times. After it was wiped, we screwed around and built random shit. Today, it seems it's beem wiped again on top of the previous wipe. Straaaaaaaaange

6. Silver

Colony vanish list that I am aware of and have been tracking:

Avalon (once, and twice when the Glitch Castle on it vanished between 9am-6pm EST),
    Mattis,
    TT,
    Tetanus Fields (in process of rebuilding now, will watch. Vanished between 2pm-6pm EST),
    Prior (vanished just prior, haha, to the 9pm EST reset, confirmed still gone during reset).

#86 Silver, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
  7. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

This actually is really useful, because the post-wipe Avalon can technically be counted as a "post-patch, post-hotfix colony", as nothing remaining from before the update was still there. And it got wiped anyway.

This is further evidence to my earlier point regarding "Stark", except this one's confirmed. Post-patch colonies are getting wiped too. Which means it's a consistent and current, ongoing issue, rather than an issue with version numbers conflicting with this build, or something.

In other words, it's becoming increasingly less likely that a full wipe will help the problem at all.

8. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

The random stuff too?

Mother of God.

9. Silver

If you guys from Avalon and Mattis (or anyone really, but mostly you guys) could go make a few mega-builds on a previously uncolonised world (ie. one on which no one has built on yet) that is different from FD's experiment world and report on whether it reverts, that would help test a hypothesis. Bonus points if you could do this in the alpha sector and invite a lot of people.

10. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I would but...

I have zero motivation too. Maybe I'll make mud shacks to see what happens. Go to the same coordinates as mattis and go to the highest numbered iteration. I'll be there building a dirt tower.

11. Valor

Valor New Member

It was well after 9 AM eastern for Tetanus. I was on there RPing at around 2pm EST with DB and Lydia, so it's after that time.

12. Ronnys

Ronnys New Member

Lucky's hotel is untouched. :3

13. Silver

Just a heads-up because the latest hotfix (#5) is going to mess with universe generation. This will likely exacerbate our current issues.

"Adds a new Heck biome, which for technical reasons will change the universe generation process, so if you have a world and you want to keep your world accessible, make sure to go visit it before grabbing the latest patch so it’s stored in the new celestial database."

Read about it here: http://playstarbound.com/enraged-koala-hotfix-content-update-5/

14. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Nice.

15. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

I'm hoping that biome will be in the upper-level sectors, and, thus, won't affect us as much. But it's a bit hard to tell from the post.

16. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

That means all our planets will be spared, so long as you've been there between the last patch and now.

17. Silver

Yeah, people on the forums are complaining about the phrasing. (Phrasing!)

18. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I'll update us tonight, probably.
    It really depends on if I pass out or not.

19. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Wait until you can update + bring back old backups.

20. Silver

Whenever sounds good. As hot fix #5 screws with world/universe generation (our problem), we can probably try restoring all the settlements (when you aren't passing out) to see if the vanishing problem persists post-hot fix #5. I'm honestly hoping somewhere nested in the 400MBs it spammed us with is our solution.