1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[2/21/14] Recent Issues

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Aissa

Aissa Clockwork Pastry Lobster

^ Yeah, I can't imagine that deleting vanilla tables that never caused any problems before (as far as I can tell) was something that was intentional on their part.

ETA: Also, it looks like it was *all* of the craftable metal tables. Ferozium's is gone, cerulium's is gone, violium's is gone... Violium's still accessible through the 3D printer, though, while impervium is not for some reason.

#41 Aissa, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
  2. Trite

Trite New Member

I support a wipe, but right now its a weird spot to do it with chuckle still putting out hotfixes. wait until it stabilizes, then see if the solution is really a wipe.

3. Corvus

Corvus New Member

All material tables removed except for Violum. :I

4. Aissa

And for some reason, violium isn't showing up in the regular metalwork crafting menu. Just the 3D printer.

I don't support a wipe until Chucklefish replaces the tables.

5. Corvus

Corvus New Member

This sounds like a reason for those colonies to wipe.
    Although, a planet without those materials which I was working on was wiped too, and it was built post-update.

6. Aissa

Could it have incorporated something we're missing? Something minor and dumb, like a lamp or whatnot, that might also have gotten pulled by this update for no adequately explained reason?

ETA: I guess not if it was created post update, but hmm.

7. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

I think it may be just removed stuff. Everything post-update should be okay (MY COLONY IS OKAY!!! YAY!!)

8. Aissa

Post-update's kind of relative, though-- depending on what time frame you mean, that could be post the update, post the update re-do with all the stuff the first one forgot, post the hotfix, or post the second hotfix. :|

9. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

That's weird, I've never seen an impervium table (or maybe I just ignored it) but consoles were something I saw a lot of. I have Impervium consoles on my ship and there's no crash.

Valentines really fucked us over

10. Aissa

And the really amazing part is that it doesn't seem to have fucked any two people over in the same way. It's like a festive pinata of lunacy that just keeps on giving.

11. Eleven

Eleven Mädchen in Uniform

In the mile high pub were impervium tables

12. InfernoFiend

InfernoFiend Sake Soldier

I was at Darkstar, We have impervium tables and it is all still there so it isn't that.

13. LeD

LeD New Member

There are plenty in Darkstar HQ and Im pretty sure it didn't crash once. Impervium consoles are safe.

14. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

Can confirm
    Source: was just there

15. FireDrinker

FireDrinker Beware, I live!

Tallest Tree had nothing Impervium that I am aware of.

16. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

The Tree is also gone btw if anyone hasn't noticed. I just got on after being away for a bit so.. @_@

17. Aissa

It's not anything metal, and it's not just impervium, though. Everything but tables seems to be a-ok, but for some reason tables are just... not a craftable thing. All but violium, which is still showing up in the 3D printer (YMMV, of course, since this update didn't seem to break anything consistently at all). Even if that's not what's causing all kinds of crashes and planet wipes, it still probably shouldn't be that way.

18. Xenos

Xenos New Member

If you decide to wipe, could you please back up my planet? I'm planning on setting it up as a private colony... but I don't want to lose it if we're wiping.
    It's not much, but we've put a lot of effort into it...

I would like a mod to PM me to see if it's worth the effort of saving the planet for an event that may or may not occur.

19. LeD

LeD New Member

Neither of Darkstar residencies/structures EVER had put modded items on them OR crashed/self-wiped so, if possible, could those be spared too?

Edit: Despite all the effort server crashes regulary. I think someone is playing with mods.

20. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

I get the feeling that Chucklefish rushed this one out the door because of Valentines, actually.