1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[2/21/14] Recent Issues

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

Sadly, this is so. Alioth Prime was mod-free, too, and it's been wiped twice. I intend to stop by Firedrinker's test planet. Let's see what happens with it over the next day or two, and go from there!

2. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I'll keep it simple. Until Chucklefish tells us this is something that cannot be fixed, I won't support a wipe.

3. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Want to head out into the great Delta yonder, FD? I think if we pick a magma/volcanic planet (which were glitched in Furious, so likely to be unvisited), we'll have a pretty safe baseline.

On the matter of player base, I agree with FD's assessment to the extent that we will see a cycle of players no matter what in this and in future patch issues until the game is wholly stable. That's nothing to be alarmed over. So long as we remain welcoming, open, and dedicated to new roleplay and roleplayers, the cycle will just be that, a cycle, and not an overall loss.

4. Silver

Oh I missed this. I'll head over later to do some Oceanic builds.

5. Hour

Hour Dogu

I haven't been getting on as recently because of exactly the reasons listed in this thread however, that being said; I think we should wait for chucklefish to work out stuff on their end before trying a wipe, if one is required it's most likely chucklefish will say so.

6. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

The following has nothing to do with all this but just so ya know there's TWO Sanguine's

7. Sanguine

Sanguine New Member

My character Sanguine is dead, BTW

8. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

Oh.. Alrighty then.

9. Narial

Narial Tyrant of Bananas

I do not support this.

10. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

With the idea of a wipe looming overhead, I won't be building until a fix.
    With two characters tied to two different settlements, both get corrupted constantly and can shatter everything mid-scene. I won't be rp'ing until I know worlds are stable.

Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. What has happened is that Starbound is presently broken, and needs an update to fix her up. Little to nothing can be done serverside besides manually fixing worlds, which is the exact opposite of fun. The go down too often, and it takes too much to restore them (the world files are kind of large, whoda thunk?).

So where I stand is, if we're going to wipe just do it. Then I can pretend there won't be another one and be disappointed when things start corrupting again. Hate being the negative one for once, but it is time for a break before I burn out on all these complications.

11. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

Nothing lasts forever, worlds are weak on a beta-phase game. We shouldn't do a wipe until we're sure about it, but if there's no other choice, bad luck, I guess. We can start over.

EDIT: My secret city, Stark, on a Alpha planet hasn't been wiped. There's still hope.

12. Silver

My miscellaneous pre-patch builds on random worlds also seem to be wholly intact.

13. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

The leviathan is still there so I am happy

14. Just Another

Just Another New Member

My planet that had been made for Frost hasn't been wiped at all. Perhaps instead of what items had been used to make it and such, its more like it depends on how recent it is.

15. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Just seems like big places are getting wiped. Avalon, Mattis and Tetanus all have a large amount of building on them and they've been wiped.

16. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

I think it may be impervium tables. They seem to be gone from the metalwork station and the item printer, so they maybe got accidentally removed and are causing the wipes. I know avalon had a bunch of those tables, I don't know about other places tho.

17. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

that makes a bit of sense, actually

18. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

Well that means my bar would be the hub of crashing avalon if this is the case. I think I have 5 of those in there

19. Aissa

Aissa Clockwork Pastry Lobster

Now there are "consoles" in the various metals, too, which I don't remember having seen before.

20. White

White The Guy who is always working.

Gotta report that to chucklefish, no matter if thats the reason or not.. i liked that able :/