1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Update 2/18: Enraged Koala

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Hawke, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

Shweet.

2. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

The FCS mod has been updared

3. Cynthio

Cynthio New Member

Can someone please fix the goddamn server before I gouge my eyes out, this is so unbearable I am really really bored omg.

4. Redwilt

Technically they have "fixed" it. If you create a vanilla only character I believe it works just fine. I, om the otherhand, am going to patch my mods and wait for mod support before I come back d:

5. Cynthio

Cynthio New Member

No I mean make the server come online, I've been waiting for around 2-3 hours just to get on the server.

6. Redwilt

I saw 24 people online this morning o.o

7. Cynthio

Cynthio New Member

Yes but it doesn't help to know that, we need the server back right now cause I want to roleplay.

8. Fen

Fen Pretty ßird

Any idea how long its gonna be offline? Its been offline for 6 hours now. I even went outside today O_O

9. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

Same.
    This is un-[​IMG] -able.

10. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

It'll be offline until Kaz is around.

11. Hour

Hour Dogu

I have to go to classes soon, hope it's back online when I return.

12. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

It's a shame I won't be online that late. Why isnt kaz an european! WHY!

13. Jolly

Jolly New Member

I tried launching a server before creating a new character to co-op with a pal, and when I got into the game, there was nothing to be seen around my ship, so I saved and quit'd, and when I tried playing that character again, the game crashed with some lengthy error message and a runtime error message, tried playing my other character, and I still crashed.

Tried uninstalling and re-installing, but it didn't help, tried to wipe all my player files, and still didn't help, so can't play now at all, and got no idea how to fix it.

Anyone else got this problem?

14. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

If you believe SBSE has corrupted your saves or game in any way, please note:

- SBSE does not touch anything other than your player save file, and only works within the parameters the game allows. It is incredibly unlikely that a save file SBSE has touched would affect anything other than that specific save file.
    - SBSE writes save files the same way the game does. If your save was read fine by Starbound before the latest update, chances are it should read fine after the update. This is unless Chucklefish made some unannounced changes to the save file again, but this doesn't appear to be the case.
    - I have updated completely fine. All of my characters read and open properly in Starbound and every single one of them has been modified by SBSE.

Most likely there are some other factors unrelated to SBSE at play here that could be causing problems. Third party mods or a botched updated may be the culprit. Regardless, if you still believe SBSE was the reason for your player's demise, please send me the corrupted files so that I may examine them and look at what's going on internally. As of writing this I have nothing to check against, so I can only believe SBSE isn't at fault.

EDIT: also I'm sitting in the StarboundRP IRC channel if you want to talk to me there about any problems you're having since the update.

15. Jolly

Jolly New Member

Hmmh... I don't know a jack about any technical stuff, but if deleting the game (a couple of times) and downloading it again didn't help, and deleting the player files didn't help, I dunno what would.

I'm -guessing- that maybe trying to "Launch Server" did something to my game, and deleting it didn't help because of automated back-up, since I recall the devs saying something about the game now creating back ups automatically, and if that's the case, it backed up the corrupted file as well, and thus re-installing doesn't help.

May or may not make sense, I dunno what I'm doing lol

(edit: Also, I've seen other people writing about having the same or similar problem on Starbound's home site forums.)

16. Valor

Valor New Member

I too have had my character modified by SBSE and didn't need to delete him, so it's not SBSE.

As a side note: You're my hero, Phaze. Thanks for coming out with such a useful tool.

17. Aissa

Aissa Clockwork Pastry Lobster

^ Same here. Two characters have had their actual coloring/hair modified, all three have had their clothing modified, and I didn't lose anything (well, other than my ships, but that def isn't SBSE's fault).

18. Trite

Trite New Member

I tried changing the color of a shirt on my Hylotl character with SBSE and I got an error when getting on my character, I then deleted that file and used the pre-edit backup and everything worked okay.

I wish I still had the file, I'm pretty sure it was SBSE that corrupted it since I had all mods uninstalled and the fix was the backup. Though I edited her literally a few hours after the update was out so I feel its safe to assume the tool just wasn't up to date, I tried SBSE now and everything seems fine.

So yeah, thats my experience with it. I can't replicate the problem anymore so whatever it was its okay now. PS: Thanks for developing this online tool! Its very helpful.

ALSO for those with install programs try CCleaner. It removes program file leftovers so it might be worth a try. I remember having a similar issue with another game and that fixed it.

19. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

IF YOUR GAME CRASHES UPON CHARACTER SELECT ((Jolly)), I HAVE A SOLUTION.

1. Enter Steam.

2. Go to Starbound, and right click, before clicking on properties, local files, and then browse local files.

3. Enter the "universe" folder and delete everything in it. Not the folder it's self, but everything in it.