1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Update 2/18: Enraged Koala

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Hawke, Feb 18, 2014.

1. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

....You could just look for an inventory editor.

2. Xenos

Xenos New Member

welp. mine are just fine, so I don't know what screwed your over.

3. Sen

Sen Guest

So this is, what, the second time Avalon has been tentacled?

4. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

The problem might be that you have custom content on your ship. Provided that you are willing to lose the ship, you might be able to clone a blank ship for your character by renaming files. You'll get a new ship, lose everything you put on it, but keep your character.

5. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

My main character, Redwilt has nothing modded -except- he has a bunch of vanilla blocks in his inventory i Was using for building. Everything he's done has been vanilla. The only modded character I have is Voltage, whom I just completed minutes before the patch.

6. Trite

Trite New Member

I actually had this issue with one of my characters, thankfully I had saved a backup before editing her with the SBSE. So a word of warning: don't edit characters with the SBSE for now, it causes file corruption. (Since it hasn't been updated yet.)

7. Aissa

Aissa Clockwork Pastry Lobster

My characters were alright, and I have buttloads of fuel and food to go around. Either mention it over the radio and Aissa (who has most of my stuff) will respond, or hit me up OOC if you're in a really tight spot and there's no good IC justification (i.e., having to remake a character and fly back to a planet that you couldn't actually have left ICly).

8. Xenos

Xenos New Member

Welp. This build seems /Very/ unstable.

Wonder why.

9. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

I am puzzled, then. The blocks in your inventory won't be the problem as my character and ship are festooned with blocks. Hm.

Oh, the SBSE option seems plausible. I shall also check with others I know who recoloured themselves.

10. Aissa

I have two characters that are recolored in SBSE, and three wearing recolored gear. I am able to log in just fine on all three. The *only* issue I've experienced thus far is trying to start Starbound before I deleted the mods... I got a bunch of popups saying they were the wrong versions, and the game flat-out refused to start until I got rid of them.

ETA: It should be noted that I did not have anything other than the community modpack, and none of my characters had modded ships. Two of them, however, had the plain "wooden box" ships that (I think) the moddable ship mod gives you to start with, but I never did anything to alter them.

#150 Aissa, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
  11. Trite

Trite New Member

Oh yeah, since I see some people who are stuck, I stockpiled a huuuuge amount of Solarium, Uranium and Coal if you need it while waiting out this whole deal. I don't mind sharing it around, just whisper me on Trite/Garlandorf if you need some.

12. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

What I think actually happened is I have a "Roast Dinner" item in my inventory. I think that's what's causing the errors.

13. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

So far, having a custom ship doesn't make a huge difference? Mucklurk's meatrocket appeared just fine :D (Because meatblocks are the best building material. With rust of course.)

14. Aissa

Huh. That'd be strange... the roast dinner is a regular, craftable vanilla item.

15. The Grand Mugwump

Bwahahaha! Sing dark voices into the void! Draw the tentacles upon the meat! Cover their arrogant metals which they hid behind and boasted safety from!

http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/an-unholy-grasp.507/

16. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

http://c4isbad.com/starreader/ To edit inventory. Corrupt characters/ships are a result of using custom items from a mod, then removing said mod.

17. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Did you have a modded item in hand? Be it vanity, or modpack?

18. Corvus

Corvus New Member

And, poor Corvus, among all of this, went completely un-corrupted. And he laughed. And he cried.

19. InfernoFiend

InfernoFiend Sake Soldier

Nope. I removed every single item in my inventory and on me with an inventory editor and it still wont work.

20. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

its probably your ship then. if you dont have a custom ship, delete your ship file.