1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

I need to resist the cold

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Weavle105, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Kazi

Kazi New Member

I would just like to speak out against this, because lets be honest if this was that easy to get of make you would either be able to just buy it in stores or if it contains controlled/dangerous substances get a prescription for it from your Doctor. These claims of "Oh, I/a friend of mine just made some for you", screams "Hi, I'm an untested drug that could cause serious side effects if I don't kill you first, that is assuming that I even work in the first place."

No, something like this would take months if not years to successfully make and test. The reason a lot of these scientist are just giving it away is because you are a free lab rat. I can only hope that someday the USCM or some other organization at least attempts to stop these highly immoral practices.

I'd also note the comment about not feeding it to Avians, which to me means that there has been already one or more unfortunate test subject.

Best of luck,
    Lee
    Journalist

2. Sen

Sen Guest

(( Silskeer ))

Hah! You might want to start looking for a different sector to live in then.

3. Kazi

Kazi New Member

Why? I don't dabble in untested drugs. I'm just advocating responsible science.
    -Lee

4. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

You misunderstand. They already had developed it beforehand. It has already been beta-tested and side effects were harmless as long as you did not overdose and were not avian. Mostly it was made for Hylotl, but human testing has shown compatibility. Besides, it's not entirely complicated. You just need an exothermic catalyst that reacts when in the bloodstream, possibly triggered by plasma or iron.

5. Kazi

Kazi New Member

Sure, beta tested on mostly Hylotl, some Avian, and maybe a couple humans. You have no clue of this guys medical history, did not tell him how much in what time frame would lead to a possible overdose, did not even ask about allergies, and no mention of the side-effects as "harmless" as they are; most people would freak out if they were not told about side effects like rectal bleeding, and loss of equilibrium. I am also dubious of your sources as most scientists would not risk their trial being shut down by giving a sample away to someone who has not been screened and approved for the trail. Not to mention the potential malpractice and having any sort of official licencing pulled due to negligence. In addition at this stage they should be concerned with someone ripping it off and beating them to market, so not only do you give him one dose but you are planning on giving him enough to sell to every major drug manufacturer in the sector.

As a starving university student I actually participated in a few drug trails to help make ends meet. I am just saying that this does not sound above board at all. And "Harmless" side effects usually meant "something terrible but it wont kill you.".

-Lee

6. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

You make a fair case Mr. Lee. I suppose it would not be in anyone's best interest for me to do this. I retract my offer, I'm afraid. Already got enough negative attention, I sure don't want any more.

7. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

OH MY GOD YOU (Referring to these two. Not a general statement.) FISH PEOPLE ARE SO FUCKING STUCK UP YOUR OWN ASSHOLES.

*Rage*

[​IMG]

8. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Possibly you misunderstand, miss. Assuming what you said was metaphorical in nature and is reflecting on my arrogance or self righteousness, I admit I am not perfect. However right now I am acting for the betterment of the community, which seems entirely sound on all 3 argumentative dimensions. If there is a specific misunderstanding please specify.

-----Ray Beluga

9. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

ಠ_ಠ...

10. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

11. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

Attached Files:

12. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

(([​IMG] ))

13. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

..Right. Back on topic, gills.

14. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Ahem, back to your unfounded rage toward me.

15. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

<Ashlyn>

Fuck this I'm not even gonna bother anymore.

16. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Faversae-
    My offer is still there.

17. Kazi

Kazi New Member

If you were talking about me, you are dead wrong. I am not a Hylotl. Though to be honest as one of the most peaceful races I have ever met they might have earned being stuck up. I mean, most other races probably look like filthy, squabbling, petty, violent assholes to them.

But to be honest you seem fairly stuck up yourself, as you always think that your opinion is the only right one and lash out at anyone who would tell you otherwise. But as you should like a typical teenager I'll forgive you. We all think we know everything at that age. Then we get older and eventually realize how wrong we've been, we then try to tell the next generation, who thinks we are wrong and they are right. And so the cycle continues.

-Lee

18. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

19. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

I must admit, human communicative methods once again baffle me with both their inefficiency in meaning and their confusing medium. Is this specific to humans, or common amongst organic species in general? No offense is meant to any humans or other organic individuals, mind you. (Except, perhaps, to the rather rude one, whom I respectfully recommend learn to communicate with more clarity.)

To address the topic at hand, I sincerely recommend the original inquirer seek out the services of a well-established research organization, rather than asking random individuals over the StarNet for a compound which may, at best, have experimental prototypes or beta-tested solutions available. With all due respect, to ask people at random here is very much a risk to your own personal well-being, not to mention your financial well-being. As evidenced by the rather suspicious reply you have already received, these sorts of methods put oneself at a definite risk for being potentially hoodwinked.

While this sort of compound may or may not be physically possible, I recommend taking better caution in your search of it.

Regards,
    - Chronicle

20. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

<Ashlyn>

With all due respect,