1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[Optional] Community Mod Pack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazyyk, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

No.

Ignoring the logistical mess behind this, we do not at this time have plans on restricting access to the server. especially for the sake of minor cosmetic modifications.

#221 Hawke, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  2. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

It is impossible to make the Mod Pack mandatory given current technical implementations permitted by Chuckelfish, by the way.

3. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Do it. Dominate them. Make them see the light of enhanced roleplay. Show them what sets us apart. Beautiful, gorgeous individuality.

4. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

No.

5. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

Having two separate staff members say that we:

A) Don't want to lock out players, and
    B) Can't lock out players

Suggests to me that maybe you should drop it.

6. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Or imagination. Also beautiful and entry-level.

7. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Support has been dropped Server-side for the ILikeCheating Mod, as it has recently been tested to produce crashes under certain conditions.
    You shouldn't have to update your Mod Pack, but know that the Mod will no longer work as intended on the server.

8. Vae

Vae Self-aware Spambot..

Just throwing this out there for better of for worse; If restricting mod use, or an outright ban of it would improve the situation then I'm sure theres plenty of support for it.

9. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I don't know, seems like someone could argue about imagination being entry level. Mainly the lack there-of. Especially me. I got no imagination.

10. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

Please, add at least yarn spinner on the meantime (at least server-side!)

11. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

You should add the mining laser mod, it is really useful for breaking large portions of things you are building

12. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

If anyone adds an invisible pants and shirt to the community vanity pack for me I would be forever grateful

13. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Yarnspinner is the same thing as the ILikeCheating mod, just named differently for some reason.

14. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

I meant, the -other- yarnspinner mod out there. That or add spawning box back to creativemod

15. Silver

If you guys really want something from the spawning box mods, I suggest going into Single Player, stocking up, and then returning to the server. This puts much less strain on the server and still allows you to grab the items you want/need to build without burdening the server. The spawners are problematic at the moment.

16. White

White The Guy who is always working.

what about putting the ability to spawn blocks from regular crafting again? the spawnitem, make it a separate download for builders, as i cant honestly be going back to sp for every time i need block refill, i've used over 10.000 pressured steel in my building project if not more. until sen's toybox mod is done I'll just take a building break most likely :)

17. Silver

I say this as a fellow builder who has recently completed a large project (granted, not quite as large as yours), but on the matter of "I can't honestly be going back to SP every time I need a block refill," you honestly can. I mean, it's not that big of an inconvenience. What I did was that I loaded my (vanilla) ship with chests and I filled those chests with shoji (over 10,000), pressurised steel, and the miscellaneous other blocks. All that was required beyond that was returning to my ship, opening boxes, refilling my inventory, and heading back to my construction site. I only returned to SP three times overall because I wanted a different type of block I hadn't loaded up on yet. Wasn't so bad. Pretty good if you use the Duplicator x100 (another tool best kept to SP).

18. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I did what Fishdish said and only made 4 trips during the entirety of Fort Mattis' construction.

19. White

White The Guy who is always working.

its do-able yeah, I'm also deep underground <.< practically looking at the bottom (which was a pain as i had to redo my design, got to deep to fast). so i cant teleport back up but yeah, i'm just moaning/being lazy, still it'll be nice once the mods back up :p

20. Silver

Perhaps once it becomes vanilla-friendly. I think that maintaining vanilla-friendly mods will go a long way in ensuring overall server stability. While it is true that half of the problem is in Chucklefish's court, the other half is in our use of server-crashing mods (which some of the ones we've been using have proven to be).