1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[Optional] Community Mod Pack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazyyk, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

try typing in the server IP then connect. If all else fails, ping test.

2. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

While this will help, the recent server downgrade and upcoming patch will cause some shifting stability. We may enter the golden age with directer mode coming out soon, as well as planet backups. Or, it crashes and burns and I go back to being a faceless grunt in MB Warband

3. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

4. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Sorry, I was away for awhile.
    Also - you don't need to touch your Assets folder anymore, the Mod enforcer is broken.
    Using the Mod Pack will produce more stability, though, so I encourage it to become standard.

All new applicants are pointed in the direction of the Mod Pack.

Also, I messed up and the server wasn't updated with the latest Mod Pack.
    I've since fixed that and it'll take effect next restart.

5. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

6. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

oh, it is? well then!

7. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

Also: To clarify, despite my negativity? I'd actually be pretty okay with this pack, if it reduces crashing and server lag. My only beefs with it are that you can't turn off creative mode, and that I feel we rushed it out way faster than we were ready. In the former case, only because it gives you infinite pixels and equipment. Dungeon blocks are pretty much universally agreed to be okay, and I've not condemned them. In the latter case, because... Well, we weren't ready. At all. And it's showed in the past day or so. X_X

That said, this might actually work out in the end. Given about a week to sort itself out.

#127 Chronicle, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  8. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

I'd like to remind certian individuals, again, that this is a thread for discussing the implementation and contents of the community mod back. Not antagonizing other portions of the playerbase. If you want to do that, you're more than welcome to take it, well, not on the forums.

Consider this the warning shot. I don't want to see any more posts like this.

9. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I can agree with that Chronicle, but Kaz + Aiko + Sen seem to be working way harder than they should to get it out the door working properly. I think we are about to hit a golden age of this server, and this mod pack will be a piece of that.

That being said, we've confirmed that hair style vanity items will just be made hair styles in character creation. Can't wait to see all those combinations!

10. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

yay. hair. my excitement is unfathomable.

I do, actually, understand that Kaz and the rest are working hard. I honestly respect that, and understand that the pack was released so early just to try and damage control the lag/crashes. I just kind of wish we'd done all of this power-fixing yesterday, and saved the mod pack release for tomorrow.

Nothing to be done about it now, but it's a lesson for us all, for the future. I guess. I dunno. ><

11. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Mistakes to learn by! We will better iron out the system, and the server will be better for it.

12. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I agree. We took things a bit fast, though I think it's for the best that we just throw ourselves in and deal with it. Hopefully it turns out for the best, and I have faith that it will.

I honestly do hate forcing creative mode onto everyone, but here's the thing. The majority of people use it, and they aren't going to stop. It conflicts with the server when the server isn't running it, and I'd imagine that accounts for A LOT of the lag and crashes. By syncing everyone up, we can reduce the flood of errors that torments the poor server.

We just need to hope people understand that the "free stuff" isn't IC. Resources still need to have IC value.

13. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

It's common sense really, just don't give yourself anything IC that you wouldn't have already or be able to easily access.

14. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Actually, my use of Creative Mode has consisted of the following steps:
    1. Install Mod.
    2. Enter Single Player and spawn blocks by the thousands on a planet. (NOT ON SHIP.)
    3. Store blocks on character/ship.
    4. Uninstall Mod.
    5. Enter Server and build until I run out of blocks needed.
    6. Repeat.
    I agree that using it for super matter manipulators or custom items when the server itself does not contain those items is not responsible.

15. jaz

jaz New Member

This is interesting... I never used mods before (always felt like I was cheating the game).

That being said, I installed it to check it out and felt dirty. Any way I can remove it? I tried deleting my mods folder but still every item remains craftable to me (albeit, I need to actually earn the resources now). Or am I stuck with that forever now?

Maybe I'll just have to cave and accept that this is a way of life from now on...

16. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Just because you have it doesnt mean you need to use it, jeez. Show some self control.

17. Zionus Dalmone

Zionus Dalmone New Member

How I always personally felt was....yeah, you may know recipes you shouldn't know yet, but if you have to actually go out there and get the materials to make the things, then its not so bad. You are still working to make the things, you just know how to make them already.

18. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

The Mod Pack is for server stability purposes.
    You don't have to use the content, feel free to remove it. Try restarting your game.
    Just don't use any mods that aren't in the mod pack.

19. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

This is odd. When I removed the mods earlier, the added craftables no longer appeared on my "C" menu.

20. jaz

jaz New Member

Yeah, that's the weird part. In my craftable's list, I still see every racial flag, and at my crafting tables every weapon and armor, etc.

I'm not sure what happened. I must be missing something... I suppose it isn't the worst thing since I still have to attain those tiers now, but its a bit overwhelming (and having ALL race's armors and such is definitely a bit hacky.)