1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[Optional] Community Mod Pack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazyyk, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Okay, fair enough.

Are you serious? Hahaha! That's some fancy mineral water right there. Actually, it might be worth looking into posting a "suggested price list" document on the forums somewhere. That's a discussion for another thread, though.

2. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Oh, an earnest suggestion: for the sake of my downloader, is it possible to start labelling the community mod pack file names to indicate version?It would help. Thanks, :)

3. White

White The Guy who is always working.

Aye, i'd recommend this too, i just had two of them in my download folder, and eventually i'd imagine it to be heard to keep track of it. also would be easier to know if its been updated (( The announcement banner up top, that directs people to download should also have the version number, so people know when its been updated and they need to re-dl it).

4. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

yeah kind of hard to keep track of if its updated or not.

5. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Good ideas.

6. White

I believe the server lacks the updated mod files, people are yelling over galactic that they cant place down the cheaty items ( confirmed tested doesn't work) it works SP thou, so i presume server ain't updated.

7. White

Warning i've located TWO fishaxe items in the new updated mod, one of them may be the fixed, version of sen, but the other most likely is a server killer.

8. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Until it's mandatory, this full modpack could be doing more harm than good as a large number of people don't bother going back to the forums after they've registered, it seems.

9. White

i find that most in the game check regularly personally, and I've been announcing the mod pack regularly oocly, to encourage people to dl it, you could help out by informing those whom not taken the time or seen the knowledge of it yet, i mean don't discredit the playerbase to much eh :)

10. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

Finding vanity items for all the faction members... Hehe NOT FUN

11. Pidgeons

Pidgeons New Member

So am I the only one still having problems with the mod pack and logging on to the server? I have the 0.3 mod pack, I've deleted the mods file, I have the mods in the new mods file, but I still can't log on. I've replaced the assets folder by deleting it then verifying the game to get a new one. Am I missing anything?

12. White

Odd, what kind of error are you getting? ( a mod should never really affect your login ability in most cases unless the server enforces asset to be the same.. and that function doesn't work atm)

13. Pidgeons

Pidgeons New Member

The server is not responding, the same message I got w/out the mod pack. I'm talking with people on the server so clearly it is online

14. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

I really would have hoped this goes without saying, but let's not try to prove a point by crashing other players. Please.

15. Pidgeons

Pidgeons New Member

Attached Files:

16. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

gotta extract the zip file, also it doesn't need to be in your starbound directory

17. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

Yep. You have a .rar file in the installation directory. OPEN the rar file

18. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

Instructions on installation (google chrome) :
    1. Go to the Mediafire link and click download[​IMG]
    2. Your download should begin and once it is complete, open up the rar file. DON'T FRIGGIN PUT THE RAR FILE INTO THE MODS FOLDER AND SAY YOU'RE DONE! You gotta open it first
    .[​IMG]

[​IMG] YOU WANT THAT FOLDER
    3. Now drop THAT FOLDER into your mods folder which can be found by going to steam>library>right click starbound>properties>local files

[​IMG]
    Note that starbound should be CLOSED before doing this. After you're done, simply hop back into starbound!

19. White

Any word of when the server will install the files too? i cant built without blocks <.<