1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Aleiksei's art

Discussion in 'Art & Graphics' started by Aleiksei, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

Ayyyyy this is where I post my shit drawings, if you like 'em you can always visit my old tumblr that I don't ever update anymore 'cause I got a new one h e l l y e a h http://tigerskull.tumblr.com/ I post art sometimes on the new one but I always forget 2 tag it so good luck finding it http://yungaleiksei.tumblr.com/ (Be warned I only post digital stuff, my camera sucks, I'll make a spaghettifolio of my traditional art someday when I have a good camera)

this is a quick digit painting of Yung and little tries of me lookin to put a face on King, I still ain't too sure what King will look like, or even on what side his bandage is, but eh, fun 2 look 4 a character face

[​IMG]
    http://uppix.net/pQJVJ4.jpg

these are cute doodles of respectively, up down and left right: Yung in his "civilized" outfit, that looks more like a DarkStar dictator outfit now that I think of it, next to (left) is King as a lil kid wannabe and then Yung in his normal wear, carrying his signature teddy bear.

[​IMG]
    http://uppix.net/gnxHaI.jpg

I've included tha big-big versions links in case the forum doesn't do that automatically ok

2. Narfball

Narfball narfball

is gud

3. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

[high pitched screaming]
    I love your painty stuff!! That flat brush looks so GOOD.
    What program do you use? Tablet? :eek:

4. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

Either SAI or Photoshop CS5 ! I used to have a better brush, and I can't remember if it's on CS4, 5 or 6, but the paintings on my tumblr were made on that version which was more comfortable for me. The paintings on this thread are made on CS5, there's a little painting tab on it with some beautiful brushes. and I use a wacom intuos tablet, I don't know what model is this exactly, but it's the tiniest and least expensive one of the serie. It's really nice though!

5. Kai

Ah, man, I'm a SAI user myself. I abuse textures like the dickens.
    Photoshop lags my baby laptop too much, wehh..
    Oooh, an intuos! I always wanted one of those! But so far my bamboo's good for me!

6. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

My school was literally giving out that intuos model, I think they got partnerships everywhere cause they're pretty common in companies/schools

7. Kai

Holy friiick. I'd grab one SO BAD.
    Anyway, lookin forward to more art!
    (( now we know how yung's supposed to look like, i got meselef some fanart to do! ))

8. Iris

Iris New Member

I would have never guessed that you're so talented! Very modern and "hip" is what I'd like to say (I feel old saying that) Great work! It's like it belongs on those tag magazines

9. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

Yas, they only gave out like 10 for 20 students and I was like dAMN FREE STUFF /// going to draw more king definitly, I'm likin this lil asshole

Thanks a lot!

10. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

Am I the only one here that uses Gimp? :(

11. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

thou art good at arts, Aleiksei!

12. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

13. Kai

wheezes heavily look at that lineart oh my god iTS SO CRISP
    also yung in glasses holy shit

14. Iris

Iris New Member

This is pure gold X____X!!!

15. Corvus

Corvus New Member

10/10, would look again

16. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

17. Kai

your lines are so crisp im so angry

18. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

#teammohawk stands strong

19. Jay

Jay New Member

Acting up how? Mine has issues, too, so I'm curious what yours is doing. Make/model/problems? Also, tablet issues are the WORST.

Your lineart really is sharp. I love your painted stuff, too. And now that I've read back in your thread, I see you're also using an intuos. I'm REALLY interested what issues you're having now (also, operating system?)... maybe we can figure something out together. 8(

20. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

I use the intuos4 small. The old model, not the intuos pro new series. The stylet pressure stops working randomly, mostly everyday, I have to reinstall drivers everytime, and the tablet behaves differently after each install. Sometimes I suffer lag the second I start drawing, it's weird. There's a slight stutter before what I'm drawing appears, and that time window that is the stutter is still identified by the tablet somehow, and it creates a straight line on my drawing, I don't know if I'm clear enough, but basically using the stylet makes a micro-freeze, and when it comes back, it drew on its own. The tablet randomly turns itself off, and change all pressure settings during its use. It's unbearable when you're used to a certain sensitivy and that it suddenly changes.

I'm on windows 7