1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Who is your character similar too?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TAP123, Feb 8, 2014.

1. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Hey roleplayers! I know when we make a character we tend to have it as our original creation, but more than likely we take influences from many aspects of our own culture.... and pop culture influences! So I am going to start out this thread by showing who my characters are similar too, or rather, who's similar to them!

-JT/Erik-

Erik, nicknamed Jam Thing, is based off of several male archetypes. He's a smooth talker (likes to think that), good at melee combat and decent with a pistol. He follows a similar path of characters such as Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop), Gene Starwind (Outlaw Star), and Kanta Mizuno (Desert Punk). Generally just a handyman for hire, he's developed to where he has had a rough past and in recent events is the kind of person who's trying to find some sort of peace in the universe, even though wherever he looks he finds trouble. Also he's had a reputation for being brash and... perverted.

Looks (and personality basis):
    Spike Spiegal: http://static.zerochan.net/Spike.Spiegel.full.161433.jpg
    Gene Starwind: http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/251/4/4/gene_starwind_by_ligernekoka-d497rug.jpg
    Kanta Mizuno: http://annesanimeblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/desertpunkcollage.jpg?w=432

Theme(s):
    [With a generally narcissistic attitude when he began his journey]
    [Conducting business when he was in Underpass]
    [Now currently, in a depressed mental state]

-Tina Fawkes-

Tina is a character I've had before the server, but I couldn't get a persona for her, until joining this roleplay. Basically she has the appearance of Lisbeth from SAO, with a pretty innocent composure, and she'd have the audacity to rob you blind or betray you to get what she wants. Only if you help her out will she possibly not betray you in the end... but that's asking for a lot.

Looks:
    Lisbeth: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...d_art_online_small_by_hendrix7733-d5ngnjb.png

Personality basis:
    Ms. Mowz: http://www.mariowiki.com/Ms._Mowz

Theme:

-Richald-

The CEO of EXIA Systems, Richald has a calm collective and frankly, unnerving look of the character Ben Linus from lost. Usually found in his office, Richald works day and night to keep EXIA Systems running. His calm, and uncanny demeanor tends to keep people guessing about his motives and future plans for EXIA.

Looks (And personality basis?):
    Ben Linus: http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/9700000/Ben-Linus-benjamin-linus-9795959-1280-1024.jpg

Theme:

2. Narfball

Narfball narfball

Misfit is similar to Morgan Freeman.
    If Morgan Freeman was 369% more retarded.
    Exactly 369%.

3. Cassidy

Cassidy The Strudel

I feel like i play myself on Stridel

4. Robert Stone

Robert Stone New Member

My Main Character is Similar to a Chicago / new york mafia guy well that's the situations he runs in sometimes. But hes also a bunch of things like a man finding redemption and a man who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty when they have been clean for too long. Also my character is a guy who is well.... This video explains a bit.

And theres the Xenomorphs.... And Russia Фдыщ дшлу ф кгыышфт ыщдвшукю

#4 Robert Stone, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  5. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

I like to imagine Ensign Tarl Hollow as an aspiring Eisenhorn.

[​IMG]

6. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

My character was made after Corporal Dwayne Hicks from the Aliens franchise. He says the same quotes and was also squad leader just like Hicks. Ryan also has the same family heirloom shotgun that Hicks carries.

7. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Ashe is based of a no-face generic Colonel under my ranks in a political/warfare RP. I have adapted and moulded him over 7 years to be as close as possible to O'Neill without being O'Neill.

8. Serena's Pikachu

Serena's Pikachu New Member

Terra seems to be a lot like Shiro from Dead Man Wonderland. She was sweet and bubbly at first, then things happen leading to complications in the character. I do have though MANY alternate things in her story.. ( If that wasn't a given as it was, being the moron I am ) though she did have a brother like the show/mangas protagonist Ganta, in her past.

Insert Shiro here!

Attached Files:

9. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

Ashe reminded me of Cruz lol

10. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Hmm.... well this might be fun for me to think about and rough out...

Well the only thing I can really think of is anime characters... Sorry~
    Aiko shares a lot of similarities with lets say....

The mighty Kamina of course. (Gurren Lagann)

Mostly the impulsive nature, the pride, the confidence, and the "Im gonna punch life in the face and do what I want" attitude. But he definitely has the most dominant mental resemblance.

This chick, Minami. (Baka and test) ... I'll be honest, it's pretty much 100% for the flat chested thing if anyones familiar with it. Though her spunk and aggressive nature are pretty similar too. PLUS her english voice actor, Leah clark, is my main choice for Aiko.

And then Aria. (Aria the Scarlet Ammo). I actually didn't watch much but from what I saw, her attitude is pretty damn Aiko. PLUS! She's also voiced by Leah Clark. Her Aria voice however is probably the best match I've found so far.

^ a bit of a voice example right there. The most relateable scene at 0:20

Alright, I'll take my scrub-ness elsewhere now

#10 Aiko Ikari, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  11. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

Well, the only character I have who was directly influenced by a person/character is Mary. She is heavily influenced by Edward Kenway and Tony Montana, with Edward mainly feeding the "pirate" part, and her combat style, whereas Tony is more of her mannerisms and behavior (Rude and violent.) Of course, knock her down a peg and she's nice, but still very violent.

12. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

unsure about Rakael and GF Kong

But Sharptooth? I kinda based her a little on Caesar from Rise of the planet of the apes. Not the super duper intelligence but more of the start of the movie when Caesar bite the guys finger off? :p

13. Nero

Nero New Member

Sharptooth is based on Caesar?! No wonder our backstories match up...

I based Nero's backstory on James Franco's character :D

Hell, I named my character Nero because I wanted a Roman emperor's name like Caesar. Don't read in to it though. Nero is nothing like the actual emperor. That would be bad.

EDIT: I didn't actually base Nero on this character, but I've realized that he is EXTREMELY similar to Mordin Solus from Mass Effect, minus the rapid speech.

#13 Nero, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  14. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

Shaun is basically the male version of how I actually want to look like.
    I really want tats and piercings SO BAD.

Lydia's based off Ashley Williams from Mass Effect, but I bastardized her so much, she's p much her own self.

): don't ask about Aoi and Traptooth.

15. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

I imagine King having Pusha-T voice, being able to pull off his disgusting "Yuuurghh" gimmick, so that's somethin' my character is similar to I guess B)

16. Valor

Valor New Member

Valor =

[​IMG]
    +

[​IMG]

17. Orenten

Orenten New Member

I wanna say Robocop... But with skin on the outside and the metal under the skin....

18. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

so then kings always got trouble on his mind?

19. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

I just realized the first track from his last album is even called King Push thanks to that blood

20. Alek

Alek Guy Who No One Knows

I'd have to say Nines is a slightly more annoying version of... well...
    [​IMG] Metal Gear's Johnny Sasaki