1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

(CLOSED) An Art Thread for Ms.Iris

Discussion in 'Art & Graphics' started by Iris, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Iris

Iris New Member

NOTE! No more requests please. I'd like to finish the ones that I already have. If you made a request earlier and havent heard from me that means that I forgot. Private message me so we could touch bases if you havent already contacted me.

Thank you for your support and when I take more requests Ill let you all know here.

2. Lilligant

Lilligant New Member

Seems like everyone but you hates MS Paint. I don't know as I'm no artist.

3. Rezima

Rezima New Member

tablets are...okay, the really expensive ones are nice, but the lower end ones have a bit of a learning curve. I have a wacom one that I very rarely use, I can never do anything I am proud of on it, never looks like how I think it should. So now I just draw everything on paper and scan it with my crappy, crappy scanner

4. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

i beg to differ!
    i used a really small, cheapest wacom for 3 years, until the model was so obsolete, it wasn't released anymore.
    then i upgraded to the smallest, cheapest wacom of the line, second hand to boot!
    i have used bigger, more expensive tablets by borrowing them, but in the end, my personal, tiny tablet was the one that yielded best results
    you simply have to deal with that learning curve, and soon you'd be up and about!

5. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

in my experience tiny tablets are much better for painting. I have a tiny ass one right now and I love it. I've borrowed some that are bigger and supposed to be better and I didn't really feel a difference. Tools don't make the artist. digital art is rarely ever going to look how you want it to look if you're a traditional artist, I'm struggling with that personally. But I think it's normal, all my gimmicks I use for real life painting just don't work on pc. There's absolutely no feel when painting on the tablet, which I hate, the weight of your tool and the paint is very important to me. You gotta be in a different mindset and work differently on digital.

6. InfernoFiend

InfernoFiend Sake Soldier

<--- PERFECT! THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH! I LOVE IT! I wish I was a good an artist as you, I can only do mediocre sketches on paper...

7. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

So with all this artsy business, I'd like to request for JT to be drawn up. He has this appearance in game and also this is a more 3D look for him. He's similar to Gene from Outlaw Star and Spike from Cowboy Bebop. Working as a handyman/merc, he has a soft side that is pretty much a big weakness of his. Also he's a sap for women. Gun toting, he somehow finds himself on his ass all the time in battles....

[​IMG]

(Look at my profile pic for the 3d picture)

8. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

"NOTE! No more requests please. I'd like to finish the ones that I already have. If you made a request earlier and havent heard from me that means that I forgot. Private message me so we could touch bases if you havent already contacted me.

Thank you for your support and when I take more requests Ill let you all know here."

9. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

10. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Attached Files:

11. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

Please don't word it that way, Iris may take it as a guilt trip.

#291 Kai, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  12. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Shoulda got in on the ground floor, now there's a line dawg

13. Corvus

Corvus New Member

But everyone still loves you.
    :oops:

#293 Corvus, Feb 13, 2014
  14. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I'm sorry I feel like jekyll and hyde but you guys seemed to be coming off the wrong way with me by just quoting her.... I can read and I don't need to receive quotes from two people who have already received art from her...

I mean no offense to you Iris... this whole community guise of friendship to get free stuff just bugs me.

15. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Lets not turn this wonderful art thread into an existential internal analysis of the innerworkings of social relationships on this forum.

Can't wait to see what you finish next!

16. Rezima

Rezima New Member

D: Looking at it now I am just realizing how washed out my picture is in comparison to the physical copy, there shouldn't be any white showing up in the black areas. Really need to get a new scanner soon.

17. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

*rubs his evil mustache* I see what you did there... well played... well played... BUT YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF ME! MUAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    [​IMG]

18. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Well since you drew me a picture of myself, I drew you one. OC do not steal.

#298 Punished Tacc, Feb 13, 2014
  19. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Okay... okay.... so. Question... who deleted the post... that started this. I understand is highly critical and probably shouldn't have been written up... but the fact that someone took it down is getting to me. If you have a problem just let me know without hiding stuff or locking threads. I understood what I wrote, and I accept the responsibility of making the post. If Iris wanted me to remove it, I would have done so if she messaged me.

And Tacc.... do you really want to start something?

*EDIT: Bro do you even lift? Fight me in RL.... gg

#299 TAP123, Feb 13, 2014
  20. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I must applaud the moderator's work to clear up the negativity of the posts on this thread. I'll take my issues to a more appropriate thread. This is Iris's art thread, so let's continue to enjoy her magic. If anyone would like to speak to me about the argument that went down, feel free to, and I apologize for my invasive attitude. >.< I should really get working on art Iris... even if she doesn't pick up my request I feel like I owe her some art as an apology.