1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Can't login?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazyyk, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

2. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

Server is down again.

3. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

Whatever it was, it appears to have been temporary. We seem fine now. (Or my colleagues fixed it while I was away. These guys are gr8.)

4. Bullet Monkey

Bullet Monkey New Member

I forgot my username and password for the server. I don't know how to get it back and if an admin or mod could help me find it out i would owe you greatly. (Especialy considering i might be banned from my only other rp server for no reason :mad:

5. Blaine871

Blaine871 New Member

Welp nother crash just recently. I was talking with someone when a large Laggspike happened I soon realized everything had froze. Since that point server says theres NA/70 people on, and i cannot get on. Might be a simple starbound Error but this isnt the first time this has happened (last time was quite awhile back though just noting), Same issue with other Starbound servers as well from time to time, So most likely a Chucklefish multiplayer issue.

Edit: server is back up

6. Ripley

Ripley New Member

I still can't login after a week suspension off the server. Could someone help me with this?

7. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

It sounds like you may want to open an appeal. This thread is mainly for technical issues.

8. Ripley

Ripley New Member

Yea i know just it doesn't just say banned, it changes every time i try to login. i kinda assuming its from that

9. The Grand Mugwump

Your whitelist is enabled. We're looking into other possible causes.

10. The Grand Mugwump

Alright, think I found the problem. Let me know if you still can't login.

11. Ripley

Ripley New Member

Thanks alot, whatever you did worked :)

12. Bullet Monkey

Bullet Monkey New Member

My game is being buggy or my password is changed. I can't login to the server and everytime i use the password making sure it was correct and it keeps saying wrong password

13. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Make sure you're typing it in correctly, as it's case sensitive. I don't know when you made your account exactly, but we used to require at least one upper and lower case letter and one number. If you keep having problems, PM me and I'll help you get it sorted out.

14. Bullet Monkey

Bullet Monkey New Member

Nvm. It's working now. My starbound client had a bug that went away when i hit the diagnostic button and put back in my mods

15. Stu_Pot

Stu_Pot New Member

I'm actually experiencing this right now. I've been trying to log in for the past 10-15 minutes. I had been off the server for a month or two, give or take, until about 2 or 3 weeks ago, give or take. I've been trying to catch up on what happened while I was gone, and had tried the /nick command for indentity concealment purposes and was kicked. I hadn't gotten to reading the thread about the /nick removal until I already couldn't log in. Assuming the first crash to be a bug, I tried it again, and then realized something was up. So I stopped trying and continued rping for the rest of the night. Today is when the problems began. Just recently, someone had brought up the /nick and mentioned it's ban. Someone else then insisted it wasn't, and had either successfully changed their nick to "Taco", or managed to say something before they crashed. I crashed too soon to confirm which of these it was. Either way, I'm attempting to log in, and it says that I failed to connect, while obviously my internet is fine. I'm really trying to figure out if this is a bug, or related to the /nick's usage and if if so, if it's a kick or a ban, and if so, about how long will it be, or if you could remove it. Thank you.

16. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

It was announced that the /nick command did that for now, I think it was going to be temporal but I'm not sure, also I could not find the thread back so I have no link to send you. Just know that; /nick = /kick For now. Also while roleplaying you can just say a false name when introducing one character to another so you don't have to use /nick at all.

17. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Nick is supposed to issue a one minute kick when detected. I'll investigate it soon.

18. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

@Bonehammer
    Seems the system failed to remove the kick, I've since fixed it.
    Please try and avoid the /nick command for now.
    Apologies for the inconvenience!

19. Stu_Pot

Stu_Pot New Member

Alright, thanks a bunch, I appreciate it!

20. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

@Kazyyk

I can't login to server for some reasons, it says "Join failed! Error connecting to [Server's IP]"
    And I guess that server is clearly working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.