1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Approved Council Question... Thing. (I sure hope this is the right place for this)

Discussion in 'Faction Questions' started by Leschinsky, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Leschinsky

Leschinsky Bohemic Tendencies

This might belong in the Faction Questions but I wasn't sure so here we are.

I've had this floating around for a bit of a volunteer organization that's akin to Doctors Without Borders, Peace Corps, or the Red Cross. Relief aid sort of stuff.

. . .

The Question: Could it be a Council program?

A notoriously underfunded, understaffed, bureaucratic nightmare of a relief effort, a remnant proposal of some hyotl politician looking to win the sentientarian vote. (Humanitarian but... sentient. I tried ok.)

. . .

(Here's the character's logs, it kinda showcases a bit of the concept of the organization.) Linky.

. . .

Ok thank you for reading have a wonderful day.

#1 Leschinsky, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2016
  2. Leschinsky

(Post edit)

I suppose it would be relevant to stick it under factions,

"Hey here's the organization, history, role, and guidelines."

As a resource/RP avenue for some of the medical oriented characters floating around out there.

. . .

There wouldn't be much overhead beyond that, but hey catering to a largely listless RP profession couldn't hurt.

3. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

I was going to do something similar to this actually, having the council send out relief teams after an IC wipe is caused by some kind of horrible shit. That's not happening anymore but I'd still be all for it. Unfortunately it's not really my position to approve this, you'll have to wait for Smoke or Angre to reply.

4. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

I'll approve this. I'll allow it to be a Council program for a notoriously underfunded, understaffed, bureaucratic nightmare of a relief effort. You want it to be done under the the Hylotl representative's supervision?

5. Leschinsky

Oh awesome!

As far as the hyotl (I hope I read this question right);

I was imagining he dropped any involvement with Remedium (I'm very open to a different name btw) once he won his election, only interested in the votes and PR the bill would win him.

The director would need to be someone very dedicated to the mission of helping those in need (or so incompetent they have no other options for working in the Council, or even assigned the position as a form of punishment for slighting the wrong person in power.)

. . .

But hey it's potato-potatoh at the end of the day.

#5 Leschinsky, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2016
  6. Leschinsky

P.S.
    I'll write up the (vague) directives and (contradictory) rules and post them here so you guys can take a looky loo before finalizing anything.

7. Smokestack

How it has been is that the fringe is a regarded as a deadly sector to Core Council citizens. The place is dangerous and filled with violent people is the stereotype to them. Having to be sent here is the equivalent of suicide or a reputation killer in their eyes.

However, some may see it as an opportunity to make a name for themselves. So a director, especially one that is a doctor, would probably be someone that is dedicated to helping people, but has always been regarded as a terrible doctor in the eyes of more educated Hylotl doctors apart of the Council.

1 person likes this.
  8. Leschinsky

Ok sheesh finally at a computer again-
    I am 100% a fan of this. ^^^
    It fits together perfecto.

9. Smokestack

Would you like the director to be IC? If you want, you could play as this director who would then have to report to the Hylotl council. The director would not be able to all of a sudden get funds. They would need to report and request it.

10. Leschinsky

Right right-
    Wow I thought I replied to your last thing Smokestack, I'm sorry!

An update;

-Yeah I'm totally down to play the director, dusting off an old doctor character concept that I played back in New Chicago days to fill it.

Miri Sechuisa, Director of Council Remedium Relief Program (Oh peas and rice someone please help me with a different name for this organization.)

An up and coming medical administrator turned Council lobbyist with a prestigious track record of managing at-risk hospitals, everyone was shocked when Miri 'wasted' her potential of climbing the ranks when she aggressively petitioned herself to take the role of Director for the Remedium Relief Program, most considering the move career suicide.

Experienced in both handling medical funding on bare bones funds, and how to maneuver the political minefield of the Council, Miri's been able to keep Remedium at least afloat and operating, however ineffective the program still is.

Whether genuinely looking to help those in need, or just trying to put another feather in her cap, Miri is the sole reason Remedium hasn't been dissolved.

There's her rundown, now... The program's outline... This is just a draft, one that I need some serious input on, my writer's block with this is insane.

Council Remedium Relief Program

An initiative dedicated to improving the quality of life throughout Council space and beyond, the Remedium Relief Program aims to provide medical aid to those in need of it most.

--

Operations

Aid workers are expected to be adaptable with their case work, always ready to work within erratic situations. Being on call for medical emergencies in their assigned territories, staffing the local clinics, and providing supplies in said territories are their primary duties.

--

Regulations

Any aid workers who are accused of breaking any of the following regulations will be suspended pending investigation under Council law, possible punishments including (but not limited to) sanctions, fines, or imprisonment.

You are to never turn away someone in need, regardless of race, creed, guilt, or affiliation.

There is a zero-tolerance policy with violence, regardless of the circumstances.

Do not take any form of payment or compensation from locals for your aid work.

Ok that's all I got for right now thank you for reading have a hearty heart. <3

11. Smokestack

12. Leschinsky

... that's the best way to get approved ngl

13. Leschinsky

Okay! Finally finished! Whoo hoo!

Here's the rundowny thing. If it looks all good to you folks, well, I guess it should be posted under Factions?.. Maybe? I dunno where this should go to be entirely honest.

--

Council Remedium Relief Program

An initiative dedicated to improving the quality of life throughout Council space and beyond, the Remedium Relief Program aims to provide medical aid to those in need of it most.

--

Operations

Aid workers are expected to be adaptable with their case work, always ready to work within erratic situations. Being on call for medical emergencies within their assigned territories, staffing the local clinics, and providing supplies in these territories are their primary duties.

--

Regulations

Any aid workers who are accused of breaking any of the following regulations will be suspended pending investigation under Council law, possible punishments including (but not limited to) sanctions, fines, or imprisonment.

You are to never turn away someone in need, regardless of race, creed, guilt, or affiliation.

There is a zero-tolerance policy with any form of violence on your part, regardless of the circumstances.

Do not take any form of payment or compensation from locals for your aid work. Remaining unbiased is paramount.

--

Contact

Clinics or settlements looking to contact Remedium to request a relief worker to be assigned to their clinic or prospective employees looking to apply can do so by contacting the office of current Director Miri Sechuisa.

--

Staff Roster

MP Ashley Marks: Assignment to settlement ‘Mud’, Available for Emergency Aid

--

(OOC Information)

The Remedium Relief Program is a notoriously underfunded, understaffed, bureaucratic nightmare of a relief effort, a remnant proposal of some hyotl politician looking to win the sentientarian vote.

It was on it’s last legs a few months ago, until being picked up by a capable, dedicated, and experienced administrator named Miri Sechuisa, who took on the Director role just as the program was about to be cut. Learned in both handling medical funding on a bare bones budget, and how to maneuver the political minefield of the Council, Miri's been able to keep Remedium at least afloat and operating, however ineffective the program still is.

They don’t take any sort of donations, under some Council bylaws of keeping it ‘unbiased’.

Applications for relief worker positions are always open, characters with barebones medical knowledge will probably be accepted, things like a shoddy track record or even criminal history will most likely be overlooked with how desperate for staffing the program is.

The pay is abysmal, the paperwork and red tape are overwhelmingly backwards and redundant, and the size of the assigned territory for only one person to manage is a gruelingly large workload.

In essence, it takes someone truly dedicated to helping those in need to join, or those who have no other options for work in the medical field.

The best way to get a hold of them is a PM on the forums or Discord (I'm 'Leschinsky' on there too, by the way), as Miri will never actually appear in game.​