1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Server Modpack

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Angre, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Krug

Krug New Member

Seems like that creates way more potential for closet RP

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

nahhhh. no more closet RP than we already have.

3. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Everything about the Avali mod is just cool as fuck. I love every asset it introduces. As I said, I definitely would like to see them become something that needs approval because they're new and not vanilla and have special lore AND will have serverlore. Plus they should be super uncommon anyway.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I would agree to an application-only avali race

5. Krug

Krug New Member

I suppose if lore is handled with precision the implementation wouldn't be bad, but how would staff approval work. I imagine the majoroty of the server's population has the mental capacity to use one of them.

The only solution I can think of is first come(with the proper qualifications) , first served which leads to these roles being barred to both new members and those looking to try out an Avali

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

at least the new players could use the items.

7. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Approval would work like any custom race has in the past. It's just a practice to show that you understand the race and how to play it, and to ensure we dont suddenly get swarmed with avali. Submit a profile to the staff, they'll say yes or no.

8. Krug

Krug New Member

Do you see the disconnect here? I imagine we'd have no problem getting the items without the race. Adding the race only locks sections of RP off and has the potential to create a divide between oldies and new players still unsure about Antares.

Edit: As far as I know, Antares has never had a custom race. If staff says yes/no for everyone who wants to use an Avali you've not stopped anyone from using an Avali and created a flood of Avali. There was a surge of Novakid on the server up until the population started dropping. I imagine a similar ( but more extreme) situation would occur with Avali

9. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

If this is possible, lets fucking do it.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

There have been a few custom races. One was a demon that was part of a pretty long-running arc. One was a goo-man/sludge guy. There was a symbiote once, and we're having some other weird parasite/symbiote thing going on right now too. Those were just using assets already in-game, though

11. Krug

Krug New Member

Point taken. I'd be happy to come to bring in the Avali items if we left the race out.

12. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Question, where do Avali come from? Is it just a starbound mod, or like was there something before?

13. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

i'd prefer no custom races.
    Don't know about the items though.

14. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Avali are just a mod I believe. Either way I'm up for the items, if we can cut the race out. If we wanna use the race, I'm down for that but it'd need to be treated like other custom races always have been, for the sake of server health. Any more furniture mods are a big YES from me, but I don't know any I love as much as avali. Weapons are ok, good to have them accessible for everyone, but not necessary because we can make customs. Clothes, definitely, are a yes, but only if they're lore friendly (i.e. no catsuits or anything like that). I think there isn't much more to say about it. If Avali are such a hot topic, maybe set up a poll with options like 'Yes, use all of the mod' 'Yes, but remove the race' 'No, don't use any of it'. I dunno.

15. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Starbooze.... That sounds like an interesting mod AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

16. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Finally something we agree on.

Avali are more cutesy than Florans and more furrybait than Avians.
    As with both tropes, they would be filled with cutesy durr and sexy ERP players.

I personally disapprove of a mod pack, but if that's what the majority wants, that's what they're gonna get! Good luck you guys.
    (Making Better Avians mandatory is also good. Bird tits need to stay on e621.)