1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Bugs involved with new update.

Discussion in 'Concerns and Suggestions' started by NightGamerBR, Dec 11, 2015.

1. NightGamerBR

NightGamerBR New Member

after the update i couldnt join the server anymore, i can play single-player but the server just doesnt work.
    I tried re-installing, yes im using the correct whitelist account and yes i removed all of my mods and tried it again.

Plz help m8's

The bug that show up is this one:

Fatal Exception caught:(UnicodeException) Invalid UTF-8 code unit sequence in utf8Lenght

2. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

You and I might have to do some screen sharing or something. I've never seen anything like that.
    You said you re-installed Starbound? Steam doesn't always remove all files. Make sure all folders are deleted prior to the re-install.

3. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

I lost a ton of frames on the server after the update, i reinstalled (normal, with removing it via steam and then reinstalling it) and then suddenly my fps was decent again...

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

This also helped me out with the areas with more creatures and light animations. Ye. Go ahead and verify your cache integrity/reinstall and it'll restore your FPS in high-density areas.

5. NightGamerBR

NightGamerBR New Member

I already unninstaled all starbound folders and re-installed them again still the same error