1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Floran/Avian rumble event.

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Haplap, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Overview: (Kinda bare-bones, but its the basic idea.)
    A group of flightless avians have migrated over into the council space sector, opting to start a small village. They settle down, only to find a floran settlement there as well. Obviously these two groups don't quite mesh together well, so conflict breaks out. It escalates until both groups are poised for a full out war, which is when the event begins. The winning side will claim the planet as their own, opening a colony in the style of the winning race.

Things you may be wondering:
    Q: Does participating in this event mean I have to consent to death?
    A: Nope! You can show up and leave without a scratch on you, however, if the situation boils over into combat, you either have to consent to harm/death or leave.

Q: Who does this involve? Do I have to make a new character?
    A: The whole server, and no, you don't have to make a new character! Both sides will give a radio call, allowing anyone who wants to help the chance to come and help.

Q: But like, we don't need another colony, so wont it go unused?
    A: Probably, but a man can dream!

Q: When is this?
    A: It will certainly be on Saturday or Sunday, though I can't give exact times currently. I will update with times later.

Now, what I need from you people, is CHARACTERS! Now, you can either participate in the event with your existing characters, or you can make a character for one of the groups! You can either join the Sunblood clan, a group of tribal florans, or join the village of Uxmal, a small flightless village. These characters don't have to be simple throwaways, because depending on the outcome, they could have a new village to live in. So if you want to make a character for the event, message me on the forums and I'll keep you guys informed. For everyone who wants to participate with existing characters, make sure to have your radios out to catch the message.

2. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Honestly I would like to see different races going at either other then Florian and Avian. It seems the same and rather boring. Like different religion going at it like Apex totalitarianism vs. Avian singular god, or any other the other racial religions vs another race's religion. What about a group of hylotls (not part of the peace meta) who have a different perspective as on history and are more irritated with Avian. This is all examples of religion vs religion.

3. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Postponed till further notice due to lack of motivation.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Totalitarianism is a political view, not a religion. Personally, I don't think there's enough Flightless avians on the server. It's all feathersuits like myself. While I do agree that floran and avian characters take up a huge chunk of the server pop, I don't think hosting an event with novakids, apex, or glitch are going to make people play them any more than the other races.

5. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

Could you clarify some things?

So it's gonna start off with both sides on the planet. The characters on there will have either been made for the place or radio'd in later. So will there be RP before the warring begins?

Also, will the place be accessible to just normal tourists and visitors? Or will those on the planet have to be involved?

How will the winner be decided? I hope it's decided beforehand or after strategy through IC actions makes for a clear victor (one that can be agreed upon by both sides in an OOC convo).

I'll throw my hat into the ring to maybe be apart of this. And sorry for the partial, hover-modding.

6. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Nah, much appreciated. I often can't see things i've left out or that would be important. Allow me to elaborate a little further for you. Currently, the event may not occur, or it may occur later on, due to me feeling meh. I had not planned any roleplay on the event area before the actual event, it was simply to be used for the conflict. The place would've been accessible to anyone who wanted to visit during or after the event. The winner of the event was not going to be predetermined, I wanted to let the players involved decide through their IC actions, that way it was more organic and interesting. However, the more I think about this, the less I really enjoy the idea I had. It was basically just dropping people into a big unorganized mess and letting them figure it out, which isn't too cool. A good number of characters would have simply been throwaways too, which isn't much fun for anyone. I'm rather attached to what i've built, so I don't want to let it go to waste. I may end up refining the event to a point I like, or simply making it a colony. I have seen a good number of avians missing homes, a flightless village may fit well. I also have some interesting ideas on that, which I may reveal later, once things are more clear. So there you go, hopefully this clears up any confusion about what the event was about, and it's current direction/reason for postponing.

7. Yotan

Yotan New Member

That depends on the character point of view. Who is to say that certain political views in the future can't become religion?

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

The very definition of the word says it. Saying an apple can become an orange doesn't really make it true.

9. Yotan

Yotan New Member

You're right only religion can be anything but politics or political views. Again whose to say what religion is like in the future.

10. Darkwhip

Darkwhip That Russian-Canadian-Nazi

Florans does have a religion too in case you had forget, some of them praise the lord of light.

11. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

For the night is dark and full of terrors.