1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Council Scouting Faction

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Gorbachev, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

Greetings comrades!

WrongEndoftheRainbow and I have been cooking up a new faction to grace Council Space, and that faction is the Temple Culextes. Some of you may be asking yourselves, "did the mods approve this faction?", or "sounds like an edgelord op faction to me!" or something along those lines. First, yes, we consulted with Smokestack and Cole, and they said yes, this faction is officially Council endorsed. And to answer your second question, this faction will receive funding from the Council ICly, however, it will not be 1,000,000,000pixs or something like that. They have just enough funds for the faction to transport their people and equipment over to the sector plus set up a temple HQ with their sector cyberbrain and libraries, with a little left over for operations funding

Now onto the purpose of this faction. The Scouts, for lack of a better name, will be have one official purpose. To scout council space and enforce Council laws. Think of them as an amped up FBI or CIA. We will have our agents, who will run around and do agenty stuff (although we will most likely put a limit on the number of agents we have). We will have our computer/tech experts, and most importantly, we will have our intel-gatherers. The whole point of this faction is to provide intelligence and information on the state of Council Space, and they will report to the Council. This isn't some kind of spec ops/special forces faction, this is mainly an intelligence faction. However, as far as exploring Ancient Ruins and helping to further the knowledge of lore, the Scouts are also open to that. Hopefully, if this takes off, there will be some events and the like, as to provide an interesting and varying RP experience.

They will operate under the highest discretion and secrecy, operating out of a temple in Podunk, Council Space. An important aspect of this faction is to give the Council a more physical presence ingame, so any help lorewise is great (looking at you Khaltor). I urge everyone to inform me of their opinions, so Wrongend and I can work on making this faction great.

Long live the working class!

(the communist rhetoric in this thread has nothing to do with the faction. just a heads up)

#1 Gorbachev, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
  2. Krug

Krug New Member

Yes, yes, +yes(10). I'd be very interested in this. What would recruitment be like, when would it take place, what would the internal affairs be like (Straight to business, buddy cop movies, NCIS, etc.) , alignment, really, what can you tell me about the Scouts. Also,
    [​IMG]

3. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

Smokeseal of approval.png
    Hope to see more.

4. Yotan

Yotan New Member

5. JohnShadow

JohnShadow "Now you're all alone, little Caroline."

Hey! just a suggestion now that the new update is out, maybe base out of a midnight planet to be secret-y? Just a thought.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

You can certainly have my Naval Intelligence character.
    if you're looking to recruit, anyway. he's currently on the lam for involuntary desertion.

7. JohnShadow

JohnShadow "Now you're all alone, little Caroline."

If you are up for recruiting people, my character 'Jason-Ferrara' is totally into this kinda stuff, in fact, conveniently, he's been spying on, and taking notes on everyone for the past few weeks. If you aren't recruiting already-existing characters, I can make a new one. Either way, I'm interested.

8. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

Personally, I'd prefer the characters to be from Core Space and not from Antares. Consider this faction an approved injection of the Council for those who want me to feed info to players.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Nettles was originally from the Core Sectors Office of Naval Intelligence, but was separated from his unit in Antares and was sorta abandoned there without orders.

10. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

[​IMG]