1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Looking for new faction members!

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Cynirr, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Cynirr

Cynirr O15

Hello! If you clicked on this post you either are looking to join and or are looking to see what we're all about.
    First things first, our initial goal is to end up being somewhat like the Overwatch in the Half-Life series. We would conduct martial law takeovers and occupy land for the benefit of our own.

Now we wouldn't be powerful enough to do that in the beginning, of course. We would start out as mercenaries and or raiders to get started, slowly getting stronger and becoming more organized. From then on we would have the resources required to build a strong faction, sustainable.

As for the martial law takeovers, we would of course have to get consent before doing so. OOCly we would come to the land owners (may it be of a colony or smaller claim of territory) and ask, "Would it be okay for my faction to conduct a martial law takeover (or) to occupy your land for a said amount of time?" It is completely up to the owners to decide whether or not we would be able to do so. We shall never invade someone's territory without consent or knowledge of the doings.

I believe that the presence of this faction in Council Space will generate a lot of RP. It will grant opportunities for more factions (those of which will mostly be against my faction) and for more characters. Just think of all that could happen!

Now, if you are interested in joining and or have any questions about the faction, please post a reply!
    Thanks for reading!

2. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

I'm interested. It sounds like a good idea, just as long as we don't jabooty shooty everyone all the time!

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Well that's not really fair. Of course people are going to try to defend themselves and their land. This faction sounds a bit powergamey, no offense. Just asking the colony owner isn't good enough. People who own property on that colony also get to have a say and should be able to defend their stake. That's what happened to Katune, and I know a lot of people who were outraged when Max handed it over to the Dionaea. Ziggy personally laid a trap for the florans that were going to invade and try to raid his home, you'd better be damn well ready for people to defend their homes.

4. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

[asshole]back in my day, we looked for faction members IC, instead of a bunch of guys all creating a group and basing their entire faction on their shared character background, with characters that were created only for that purpose and funds that appeared out of thin air[/asshole]

Like back when i created the scientific society of antares, i went out, ICly advertising the group, before even naming it a faction of any sorts, I talked people into joining (icly), gathered fundings and got a loan with some peeps who had the pixels, and we were going to buid on that. Sadly, most of them quit shortly thereafter. Which is a bummer, but the creation process was sollid.

though i can kinda understand that it's kinda hard to start off without anything nowadays

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Take it easy Khaltor. Keep in mind we don't have upside of 20 people on at any given time. Unfortunately that's just the state of things. Factions need a little planning until population picks back up.

6. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

I know i'm being too harsh, why'd you think I tagged my post [asshole][/asshole] ?
    though it deserves to be mentioned at least

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

8. Cynirr

Cynirr O15

In no way are we trying to cause any problems for any player. Now when we say that we are just going to ask the owner of the colony, we EXPECT them to confront their people. If they choose not to confront them, we will move on with our plans. At any given time we would love to negotiate with the people to make things work for everyone. Now, as with almost all role-play (you both should know this as I seem to recall you are both old members) there are going to always be those unhappy people with all that happens. We can do nothing for them and we won't if they are the small percentage of the players that disagree with what's going on. The whole point of this faction is to generate role-play. We want rebellions when we occupy territory, it generates role-play. Do not be mistaken you two, we don't do this just for ourselves. Though it is fun for us, we want everyone to enjoy the role-play.

9. Cynirr

Cynirr O15

Yes it is quite hard to start out with nothing, that's why we had a little something. And you can't say we aren't looking for members in character, because we are. Every member at this point are constantly confronting people that they seem fit and interviewing them. If you have been around and seen us and read the chat, you can see that we confront people very frequently.