1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

New Faction, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Cynirr, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Cynirr

Cynirr O15

I was thinking of making a new faction with ideals close to those of the combine in half-life. They'd roam around conducting martial law takeovers and occupying land for they're own benefits.
    What do you guys think? Give me your feedback!

2. silverhusky99

silverhusky99 New Member

That could be cool, I think my character would join that.

3. JohnShadow

JohnShadow "Now you're all alone, little Caroline."

That would be cool, I think my character wouldn't join that.

4. Raideck

Raideck Member

Problem number one, where would they have the supplies to induct such an invasion, aka money guns etc.
    Problem number two, you'd have to get consent of EVERYONE you want to induct into martial law because everyone has the freedom to choose their own character's life.

5. Cynirr

Cynirr O15

Well they wouldn't be powerful enough in the beginning. The faction wouldn't appear as an ultra power from thin air, it would have to slowly build up to that. They'd probably start out as mercs or raiders, then they'd get more money and become more organized, and then develop into a much larger power.
    As for the martial law takeovers, I believe it will open up more opportunities for rp. People could introduce new characters and there would even be potential for a new faction- one that would oppose the occupiers, a sort of rebel faction. Now no one is forced to live under our watch, we'd allow people to leave.
    As for the consent part, we'd have the owner of said colony decide whether or not it in their favor to have us occupy their land (OOCly of course).

6. JohnShadow

JohnShadow "Now you're all alone, little Caroline."

Now that sounds more like it:)

7. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

I'm running some mercenary events every now and then through Stirpis, so if you're characters are interested in making legit money for this, be on the lookout!