1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A Memorial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cassidy, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Cassidy

Cassidy The Strudel

I would like to set up a memorial for those who will be gone for weeks/ months on end tomorrow, for Fallout 4 will be the only thing we call a life for many of us, SO HERE IT IS, A MEMORIAL, GOOD LUCK!

2. The Grand Mugwump

Fallout 4 is coming out soon? What year is it? My rock does not have a clock under it.

3. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

I'm going to disappear tomorrow. I've already been gone for ages because of schoolwork, this has just sealed my fate.

4. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

Seriously. WHAT IN HIGH HELL IS UP WITH FALLOUT 4?! Besides slightly different go-here-get-this-bring-it-back-and-I-give-you-useless-shit quests and slightly better graphics, what can this game offer its players that other Fallouts can't besides an emptier wallet? People in my school can't answer, so can y'all?
    Not saying I hate hype, but I fucking hate hype.

5. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

The character customization is better. People actually don't look ugly now. Combat is a lot less janky and VATS doesn't pause the game. Quests and storywise I have no idea because I haven't played it yet.

When you look at Fallout 3 and New Vegas though you get two different types of stories. The Lone Wanderer and the Courier. Fallout 3 was linear and Fallout New Vegas had choices for endings. Fallout 4 with the Sole Survivor has a clear cut story path because you are playing through one of two character's lives through their own voices. In fact, it's a lot like Skyrim now with voices.

Comparing it to Skyrim. The game has dumbed down. Combat has finisher animations and skills have been removed. The perk leveling system is much like how the Skyrim skill system works; spam whatever until you level.

Okay okay. But what's offered that other Fallouts don't have?
    • House building. I think they're just adding something to bait in survival sim players.
    • Weapon customization.
    • Voice acting.
    • Dynamic monster attack animations.
    • Reactions to damage.
    • Destruction interacts with the environment.
    • Perk leveling system.
    • Real time VATS
    • New power armor system
    However, the best comparison is the Bioshock series and Fallout series. They both began the series with a dark, serious tone with more emphasis on getting a story across. The next game would then be an experiment to see what it'd be like from someone else's point of view elsewhere. They keep the dark, serious tone and try to elaborate on the story created by the first games.

Then came Bioshock Infinite and Fallout 4. Both took away the tint and the dark serious tone of the first two games in their series. Bioshock Infinite became bright and patriotic while Fallout 4 became more bright and colorful akin to the Postwar time it represented. The similarity did not end there as both games started to become more like plain shooters. They also both have main characters with voices.

That's just my analysis of things.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Well spoken. Perhaps I will give this game a look. Never played a Fallout. they seem boring.

7. Ripley

Ripley New Member

If you enjoy skyrim-type games, you will most likely enjoy fallouts, its are the sci-fi side of the RPG world.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

They tend to overwhelm me with all the various shenanigans you can get into. the world also looks super bleak and depressing. Still, I'll hold judgement until I catch it on sale or whatever maybe. Iunno.

9. Cassidy

Cassidy The Strudel

That and if you name your character "Boobies" the robot Mr. Codsworth says your name, HERES A LINK TO ALL THE NAMES YOU CAN BE CALLED Codsworth/recognized names

10. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

I've been gone for three days, sorry to everyone I RP with, but I literally cannot stop playing Fallout 4. To me, it lives up to the hype, and I'm probably gonna only pop in here and there while I binge.

11. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

You guys finally convinced me.
    I got Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 2 in the exploration sale for a pretty little £6.

I have been corrupted.
    I am unclean.
    What have you done to me Antares

12. Karo

Karo New Member

I was nearly lost to that game, but a hand reached down and pulled me from the darkness back into the light. Though, with such a close call I still might be lost... Only time will tell

13. Ripley

Ripley New Member

Loose all hope yeh who enters here.
    Hours of time will be lost..
    Role play will grind to a halt...
    And your spiral into the deep dark world of Fallout will consume you....
    Life as you know it, real or fake, will cease to matter.....
    Welcome to the Wasteland......