1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Last Call for Liberated Glitch Colony

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Arcullis, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Arcullis

Arcullis New Member

Alright, after bouncing a few ideas off a friend, this is the end result. Gonna list some tl;dr pros and cons.

Pros
    • Glitch feel without the hivemind.
    • Shit ton of jobs.
    • Atmospheric city without tech.
    • Ever expanding crypts and dungeons to explore beyond the gates.
    • You can wear silly hats.
    • Customs policy to preserve the theme.
    Cons
    • If you stare hard enough you may find plotholes.
    • For those of you into realism over fun, you may find it not to your liking.
    • You can't ACTUALLY be Hitler.

The Glitch Colony I mentioned the other day will no longer be hivemind. The reason behind this is because hiveminds are boring to play out and leave little room for character development- as pointed out by my friend. Why would anyone want to make a character that is so limited?

However, I still wanted a medieval feel to the place... How could I accomplish that and still do away with the hivemind? Well, the full background always has room for more elaboration, but here is the gist of it.

------------------------------------​

Once there was a Glitch colony, like all the others. One day, a team of radical scientists moved in nearby and after several years, infiltrated and reprogrammed the Glitch so that they could do with them as they pleased. They ran simulations and experiments to their heart's content.

But eventually, they came to find a flaw in their methods. The scientists found that they did not age as well as the Glitch, and they came to the realization that this was all just a huge time-sink, eating away at their lives. A few harsh speeches and decisions later, they abandoned the lab so they could make the most out of what life they had left.

Before leaving, one of the scientists flipped the switch... The switch that liberated all of the Glitch from the never ending cycle they had been in. Some left- while others stayed for a bit longer. They were split among themselves. Some wanted to move on and experience life outside the walls, while others were content with what they had.

------------------------------------​

SO. That puts it in present day. This can either go two ways; either I get some people to join before I open under that context, or I remain alone when I open it up.

If it's the first, great! If not, oh well. I have a plan for that as well.

Flux is the town guard, and my character. If no one chooses to join and help, I will go with the story that he chose to stay, but began to become lonely in the empty streets of his home. So, to alleviate this problem, he opens it to the public in hopes it can return to the bustling city it once was.

Regardless of if someone chooses to make a character for this or not, that will be the way it's opened to the public. But there is one thing Flux makes clear to everyone- he does not want it to change. He has a strict customs policy that prohibits the use of advanced tech and guns. Got a radio? Sure okay, that's fine for convenience sake. Want to carry your laser rifle in? Nop. You can stay outside the gates. Grenades? No. A computer? Noooo.

This is the Liberated Glitch Colony, and we'll be living in an Amish Paradise. Find peace away from gun-toting warmongers. Escape the law and start fresh. Then caught again by Flux after stealing apples and retreat into the underground sewer systems or something. There will be plenty of jobs such as the general store, weapons/armor shop, library, bartender or cook, smithy (separate from the dealer), apothecary, farmer, miner, or even a dragon slayer*! Hopefully this will be a nice break from how rp has been lately.

*Lack of dragons has made this job impossible.

2. skeletor

skeletor Banned

i want someone to make a civilized glitch colony and some human fags just show up and start larping

3. Arcullis

Arcullis New Member

It's what I am hoping for... FIRE BOLT!

4. skeletor

skeletor Banned

5. Koko

Koko New Member

I'm all for Glitch RP. I was thinking of making a knight, but I see it's already a popular idea. So to add to it, since I haven't RPed him yet, I was thinking of playing a Glitch "wizard" (basically him wearing a wizard hat and robes, learning about refining materials and having a space staff and calling it all magic) which I think would be an interesting duo, to not have two guards there just carrying swords.

EDIT: Aw well, I just read on the shoutbox that Arcullis is hopping servers. Guess it hardly matters then!

6. Arcullis

Arcullis New Member

Yeah sorry about that. Here are the coords to that place if anyone is interested in continuing it or something. Feel free to use it as event space as well.

-98, 77 Thanatos Stream II

7. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

I made a little thing at -33,-313 I, it's not quite a colony, and mostly inhabited by a couple of NPC's, Oak, Nightshade and John (Which is to say: me and John, but we've not been super active.)

8. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

I detect a flaw in this logic here.