1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Something something announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Direct opposition is not really ENCOURAGED, but it isn't against the rules or anything. We may not like it but...we can't force your opinions, if you don't like something...you don't like it.

But telling us to go fuck ourselves is also not the best way to go about things. That's less direct opposition and more of a verbal attack. That CAN get you in trouble.

2. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

This was actually a technical compromise, not a design choice.
    It'll take some getting used to, but I think it's alright for the long run.

3. skeletor

skeletor Banned

yo how many hours of sleep did you lose working on this shit lmao
    this went up fast as fuck

4. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

There's a difference, Fluffeh. While I'm harsh, every single one of my opinions have been in the best interest of the server. Are they correct? That is a matter of debate. Clearly Kaz and I see the merit in each others arguments and have come to a degree of compromise. He's kept Antares alive this long, and he did listen to a few of my suggestions, meaning he at least acknowledges I have some design knowledge.

Your joke is tasteless, and pointless. Your point is completely moot because you brought nothing to the table whatsoever except a petty diss. I heavily critiqued a man who did work for free, for strangers, that was worked the piss out of himself. I'm sure Kaz wasn't offended by what you had to say (I'm merely speculating), but saying spitting disses for the sake of saying things while offering nothing else to try to prove a point that I don't even think you yourself understand?

Childish.

5. Fluffeh

Fluffeh New Member

I edited my post, just so y'all know.

6. Rezima

Rezima New Member

None of us were really bothered by it, it was just kind of inappropriate for the setting..and felt out of place.

But...Criticize us all you like I guess? Just please don't openly insult us while you do it, you might hurt our feelings and make Avis cry.

7. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

I know, Rez. That obviously wasn't my intention.

I would never want to make Avis cry. I heard rumors that it is truly a devastating thing to behold.

8. MadMaxxyMan

MadMaxxyMan New Member

but I heard people have gotten banned for that stuff from some friends
    I dont think you're being honest
    sorry

9. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Well, believe what you want, but that is simply factually innacurate. Most all of our bans and suspensions came about either because the player in question was being terrible to fellow players in some way or another, or because they continued to break the community rules.

10. MadMaxxyMan

MadMaxxyMan New Member

Uhm well i have seen that said a lot and its kind of scary sort of? Because it's not innacurate and its sort of a lie? I say some logs and pictures which make me uncomfortable to get too involved here. But if I shared those pictures Im scared that Id get banned too because people have been banned for associating with players that you dont like. I just dont think its okay or right, sorry. Im not trying to be rude sorry

11. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Wait what? We..aren't going to ban you for voicing an opinion or sharing information, we don't do that. Seriously, things are pretty laid back here these days..What logs are you talking about exactly?

12. MadMaxxyMan

MadMaxxyMan New Member

Sorry, I'm not going to fall for that uhm. Its really sketchy sorry. I dont want to get banned
    This halloween forum thing is really nice though! I like it, good work Rezima!

13. Rezima

Rezima New Member

..I honestly don't know if you are screwing with me or not at this point, you...really shouldn't be this paranoid..we aren't a weird cabal of ban-happy roleplaying dictators..?

14. MadMaxxyMan

MadMaxxyMan New Member

sorry i didnt mean to make you think i thought that sorry. Your halloween theme is nice!

15. Fluffeh

Fluffeh New Member

they won't ban you for putting it on the forums unless it breaks the rules, and I think the only rules agaisnt pictures and such are on the shoutbox or something, and to not do NSFW stuff.

16. Alaystus

Alaystus Resident Art Bum
    Staff Member

Yeah, you guys can see
    That this Halloween theme is
    Real freakin' sketchy

17. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

It should go without saying that we have no intentions of banning someone for voicing their concerns or for reporting another player/group of players/staff themselves. If that was our goal here, I don't think the community would have survived for as long as it has. Our goal is to make sure all community members have an enjoyable time here. Believe me, we're just people behind these screens and we're always looking to improve; We aren't out to get anyone because they've got concerns or criticisms. But if you only ever talk about how we're awful and never give reasons as to why, then it does no one any good. It's up to each and every one of you to tell us whether or not you're satisfied with the way things are, because if we don't hear about it, then we can't know to change. No harm will come of bringing up something with a staff member, that's guaranteed.

But, like I said, it's all up to you. If you don't wish to give proof as to why we're bad, very well. But don't then attempt to slander us by bringing it up in the first place. We're willing to improve, but it's a two-way street; We need proof that there was something wrong in the first place.

18. Rezima

Rezima New Member

It's just..constantly telling us we are awful and corrupt while providing no actual evidence of it, other than hearsay will do nothing to help us change or improve.

I mean..if you were that worried about the 'mean corrupt mods' banning you for voicing an opinion or sharing evidence why would you have even brought it up, why call attention to yourself if you are that scared of us?

19. MadMaxxyMan

MadMaxxyMan New Member

sorry I just didn't think it was right for you 2 lie and tell people that you don't ban people for disagreeing with you while you've banned a few people for disagreeing with you. It's just sort of sketchy to be honest, why not just admit to it instead

also i didnt say that anyone was corrupt or hate on the staff. i know you're people its okay. I just said you werent being honest sorry

20. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Again, either provide evidence of this happening or stop claiming that it's happened. Otherwise, what you're saying will be disregarded.