1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Realism VS Fun

Discussion in 'Concerns and Suggestions' started by John_McFakename, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

with the whole "spend a week in hospital" thing, people do seem to forget it's a sci-fi setting. While being able to function normally minutes after taking a shot to the chest is not ok, it's perfectly reasonable to greatly reduce the "realistic" recovery times for many injuries thanks to Spaaaaace medicine.

Also, it's not like the character has to be completely bedridden.

2. John_McFakename

John_McFakename New Member

I must confess that the last time Ser John had his arm disabled due to a transplant (aka he lost his arm in battle, had to replace it with a fallen comrade's own, which needed a week to re-calibrate to become functional, being numb and unmoving for the period) was interesting, and in fact fun to RP.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Typically depending on the severity of wounds, I like to RP injuries for a long time after the fact. But what I'll do is play out the injuries against time played rather than IRL days. So like... something akin to a moderate laceration, while not life-threatening would really hurt like balls and possibly be debilitating for a while. So I'll usually set a time limit of 'having a bad booboo' of say 24 actual played hours, rather than IRL hours. After that it's just a dull throbbing pain for x hours, after that it's just an ugly scar for... ever.

4. Rezima

Rezima New Member

I am usually in favour of the method of:
    -Get injured
    -roleplay out the initial injury recovery(if anyone is even around for it)
    -then get them up and mobile afterwards, albeit now with a limp/haggardness/bum-arm/what have you

It essentially makes injuries impede you in your physical actions, while also still allowing you to continue roleplaying,

5. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

>How to Never get Injured in Antares: A Guide to Not Having Guns or Friends or Relevance
    >Written and Directed by Ion Somethingsomething

6. Rezima

Rezima New Member

not having guns is HOW I get injured, no way to fight back XD