1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Seeking Planet With Glitch Colony

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Alaystus, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Alaystus

Alaystus Resident Art Bum
    Staff Member

This isn't exactly a pressing matter, but I've been meaning to get back into the server since the reset. The character I've been thinking about introducing is a Glitch from a hive-mind colony. Now this doesn't have to be a huge deal, if anyone knows the location of a planet with an NPC village, that should be good enough. However, if someone thinks that a huge hive-mind colony, fit with a castle, village, farms, etc. would be a fun project, or a cool thing to add to the server for some reason, that's cool too (while unrealistic in terms of expectations.) So if anyone finds a planet like that, or wants to do that, please let me know. Thank you!

2. Alaystus

Staff Member

I'm glad people are at least noticing the thread, that's good. I've tried to look for a planet like that myself, but have thus far found nothing. I looked it up, and what I found was that the villages are typically found on "Mostly Harmless" or "Moderate" planets with a Forest, Desert, Arid, and Snow biome. Although since the release of Pleased Giraffe, I'm not sure how accurate this is. I've looked around on arid planets, and have only found refugees in their makeshift settlements. On every arid planet I've visited. Snow planets might have one, I've found an Avain village on one. Desert planets might work too, I've found an Apex settlement there. Not sure about forest planets, But it's possible. Found lots of dungeons there, USCM, Kluex temples, Florans, but so far no Glitch at all (besides one refugee I found). No castles or villages. So if you find anything, that'd be appreciated. Even a castle at this point would be good. I'll continue looking when I have the time.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I'll look for you. There's a few planets in my system I haven't checked out yet. Besides, I could use an adventure!

4. Alaystus

Staff Member

Awesome, thanks Ziggy! Since they pop up on relatively low-risk planets, it's not hard to circumnavigate them. It just takes time. And hey, if you want to help me introduce my character when the time comes, that would totally kick ass too!

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Yeah man, I gotchu. I have to drill this weekend, but I'll be down to pound tomorrow and again starting monday.

6. Alaystus

Staff Member

Hey, I found one! Nobody has to look anymore! (Not that they were in the first place, but that's okay.)

upload_2015-9-18_0-21-48.png

I guess I'll figure out some sort of plot to go with this, but yeah. Don't need this thread anymore I guess.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I found a couple of tribal planets with Glitch on them, but there were a bunch of other races there too. I didn't find a Glitch only city. But I was looking :c

8. Alaystus

Staff Member

Yeah I know you were looking, and thank you for doing so. Like I said, the arid planets seem to only house tribal refugees. Some of which are glitch, but not many. And it's okay, since I found a place anyway! Now I just have to think of a backstory. Or cause. Something.

-Edit- It also apparently has an avian village on it too. So I dunno about that. But whatever, it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

inb4 cleansing

10. Alaystus

Staff Member

What, like just wipe it out?

11. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Remove the heretics. Purge the filth.

12. Alaystus

Staff Member

:( I'd feel so bad

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Yeah, I feel like a shitty when I accidentally kill an NPC. IT HAS DIALOGUE, YOU CAN'T KILL IT, IT'S WRONG!