1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Excessive OOC

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Angre, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Hey, everyone

It has recently come to our attention that excessive OOC has become a real problem on the server lately. Please remember that posting OOC messages in galaxy or planet chat while other players are roleplaying can be extremely disruptive. If something needs to be discussed in OOC, please take it to a private chat, a ship, an empty planet, or whispers using the /w command in-game.

If anyone is caught excessively posting OOC in-game while other players or roleplaying, they can and will be kicked. Please be sure to remember to stay in-character when on the server; It's never fun to have roleplay interrupted by someone that's spamming chat with OOC messages when they can be taken elsewhere.

That's all for now folks, have a nice day.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Would you kindly also point out that spamming weapons OOC also applies? clearing mobs to reduce lag is one thing, but I'm tired of people running around shooting off their pretty custom guns to show off if it doesn't belong. IC bragging and showing off is just fine, though.

3. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Yes, thank you for bringing that up! Spamming OOC weapons or music or anything that happens to be disruptive for IC is not acceptable. If it's IC, that's alright, but if you're doing this stuff OOC, then it's not alright.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Yerp. I love IC music. Especially bad IC music. Or at least, music performed poorly, I mean.

5. Raideck

Raideck Member

People have literally complained ooc about my ic music playing.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

now you have every reason to tell them to ride a comet straight to hell
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442291671][/DOUBLEPOST]just do it in a /w, of course.

7. Raideck

Raideck Member

Yeeeeeeaaaaah booooooiiiii

8. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Yes, just stop threatening to ban me cause I asked questions in local OOC. :D

9. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Sorry, I've already been cured and don't even think about trying Code Yellow.

10. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Friendly reminder of that ancient rule; NO CATGUNS

11. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Elephant in the room; Olympus can get REALLY bad for OOC at high traffic times. I am personally taking responsibility for not cutting down on it sooner at the colony level. For that, everyone has my apologies, and I thank those who brought it to my attention. Hopefully, other colony leaders and myself will work closely with the staff to ensure that there is minimal ooc, and high quality IC for everyone :)

12. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Some people may not know its IC music. Just be sure to inform em, then tell them to RP it.

13. Raideck

Raideck Member

I did, they literally ran me out of the colony ooc by spamming me.

14. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Just a general reminder for everyone that the Report a Problem button at the top of the website is very useful for documenting incidents like these. It only takes a minute at most. While we do try to document things ourselves, sometimes things can slip through the cracks. If you're having issues with the same player over and over again, please use the Report a Problem button to document these issues so we can build a case, otherwise there's a chance nothing will be done and you'll be left unsatisfied.

15. Avis

My own two cents on the music is that, even if it's IC, you have to be courteous about it. Maybe playing a song once or twice would be enough, because frankly, the In-Game music is not suitable atmosphere or environment music, and it's perfectly fine to roleplay out playing the music instead of actually playing it.

16. Raideck

Raideck Member

I have to disagree. I just disagree.

17. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

On the music, I will say that I usually have starbound sounds turned way down, and Pandora or my music or something on in the backround. So even if someone is playing music, I wouldn't be able to hear. Maybe a combination of IC playing and RPing out actions?

18. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Always mute SB. That's the first rule of playing on other SB servers. Many a headphones have been capped thanks to dank memes and 3 or more people playing music at once.

19. Avis

My point was that other people might not like it, hence me saying to just make sure you're courteous.

20. Raideck

Raideck Member

I say something along the lines of; *He starts playing a jam on his bass* I don't say the song mostly because IC they might not be able to pinpoint it.