1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

S.T.U. (Sovereign Trade Union)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by DartyGooblin, Sep 11, 2015.

1. DartyGooblin

DartyGooblin New Member

Until I can edit and pretty this up, consider it a brief summary/lead in.

The idea behind STU is that it's a number of private corporations or businesses that band together to promote their own interests, and benefit one another through trade and collusion. Basically trying to net together a working model of civilization in an undeveloped frontier.

The Union is headed by the CEO or owner of each entity, in a sort of council, there could probably be a council chairman to place someone with veto power, that's voted in periodically.

Currently, the jnterested groups I've talked to are

Razorback Universal Security
    Darkwill, and the mine he/she is working on
    Occular, and his Catholic thang
    Avis is nterested but not sure if he's decided yet :eek:
    Myself, with Erebus Industries

If anyone is interested or has ideas please feel free to chip in, ask questions, spout ideas etc.

I'd appreciate those mentioned to chip in too, so it's a bit more clear on who's doin what :)

I'll pretty this up and edit it come morning, and likely throw in more details.

2. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

You ask triton?

3. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

Did you ask Yotan, he used to be Saltus Refining.

I would like to get in on this, though my character bought the big one in the Tentacle Invasion. So I'm not sure what business I want to run yet...

4. DartyGooblin

DartyGooblin New Member

I haven't asked anyone beyond those mentioned yet, in part that's why this thread is here, as an interest check.

This idea was the result of Antares Skype Chat, and those involved are the ones who were in the chat shooting ideas around and got interested :)

5. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

Ah nice, well I'd like to be involved, whatever happens. I just started an Apex so maybe he will become my new business character.

6. GoneDark

GoneDark Previously Darkwill

My colony will start as more of a mars mission-esque building project on a hostile world known as Kismet. The planet has many valuable ores deep with in its core, and the surface is covered in sand and quartz, of which the high winds eat away at the rock which can cause massive and deadly silicon storms. The end goal is to have a stable colony that exports ore and silicon to be made into various machinery for other companies. There will be multiple biodomes and living areas, as well as recreational facilities and everything else you'd expect out of a proper colony. I'm looking for a crew to help IC with certain tasks, and ooc for building. IC, cheap drones are used to build at a moderate rate. They are fragile and require constant charging and maintenance. Eventually better gear will be obtained. Anyone interested, PM me here, or send me a friend request to Darkwill on skype or steam. Hope to hear from people soon! :D

7. DartyGooblin

DartyGooblin New Member

Anywho, Ricardo is in, playing an apex guvna of Orwell. A work in progress, intended as a sort of company town where businesses with membership in the Trade Union hold precedence.

[​IMG]

8. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

This reminds me of Liberty Mills and New Chicago. Ah the memories.

9. DartyGooblin

DartyGooblin New Member

I used some old liberty mills screenshots to help me with the mixing of background and foreground styles. :3 it's why the rooftop cafe looks pretty close to the old LM one