1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Looking to serve your fellow sentient being? Have a desire to help others? Join the U.H.S!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Boundless, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Boundless

Boundless New Member

The United Humanitarian Service, is an organization dedicated to the helping of others, and our fellow sentients. The universe is a cold, and inhospitable place, and with the tentacle menace looming, now more than ever, we need to band together. It is time to put aside our differences and begin the betterment of all of us. Our fields are below.

Hospitallers: Medicine is a powerful tool, and our Hospitallers are responsible for wielding it. Healing the sick, and wounded. Routine health checks, and even emergency care when the time calls. These are a few of their many tasks in the effort to help their brothers and sisters.

Emissaries: In the rare event that relations between a colony become strained, or when U.H.F needs to contact a colony, the Emissaries are called upon. Requiring someone level headed, and willing to see the opposition's viewpoint. They are the diplomats, and the voice of U.H.S.

Auxiliary: Not always will one be needed during their service. Only in great crisis would they be needed, to help with delivering food, or assisting the Hospitallers. No job is too small when the time of need comes. As an Auxillary, you would only be called in during times of great need, such as tending to the wounded in the aftermath of a colony destruction, or assisting Servicemen during a great threat.

Servicemen: Despite our mission of bringing peace, there are those that would wish to do us harm. While the taking of another's life is one of the most disgusting and vile acts out there, sometimes it is necessary, and for that we have Servicemen. Their job is to keep the men and women of the U.H.S safe as they work, and if needed, deescalate situations that would lead to great losses of life.

Interested in joining our great foundation? Please, fill out our application below, and send it to us either via Starnet(PM), or in the box (comments) below. Thank you for your time.

Name:
    Race:
    Position applying for:

Why are you applying for this position:

Do you have any Medical Training:

Are you a tradesmen:

Have you ever been convicted of a crime, if so, state what crime:

Do you have ties to the USCM, The Miniknog, or any other known military factions:

Contact Information:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ((Things to know OOC))

((I expect that by joining, you are of average role-playing skill. Known powergamers, and metagamers, will not be accepted. If you are caught powergaming/metagaming, you will be fired from the U.H.S. Thanks for reading!))

#1 Boundless, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  2. Metts

Metts New Member

Name: Jin Kaleri
    Race: Human
    Position applying for: Serviceman

Why are you applying for this position: I have former military experience and could greatly help out as a peace keeper

Do you have any Medical Training: Basic first aid course.

Are you a tradesmen: No.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime, if so, state what crime: None.

Do you have ties to the USCM, The Miniknog, or any other known military factions: No ties.

Contact Information: My star net inbox (PM)

I am fully capable of supplying my own gear if needed.

3. Metts

Metts New Member

((post edited))

4. Boundless

Boundless New Member

Thank you for your interest in the U.H.S. I am currently processing your application, and will be contacting you about an interview. Using your own gear will not be necessary.

- Hospitaller Emissary Charlotte

5. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

If you need a weapons deal, ask I can make non leathal weapons as well,
    -Omega

6. Boundless

Boundless New Member

Your offer is appreciated.

7. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Oh! Also I have flare guns, of my own design... I can donate them it would come in handy for your cause no?
    -Omega

8. Boundless

Boundless New Member

Flare guns would assist us greatly. Thank you very much for your contribution.

9. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Hospitalers? Why not just call them Nurses or Doctors? Or the medical division?
    - quackattack19

10. Boundless

Boundless New Member

Hospitallers were Knights of the Roman Catholic church back on Earth several thousand years ago. Their job was to care for the sick, injured and poor of those who had traveled far to reach their lands. Their goals are alike our own, and plus, I like the name.

- Hospitaller Emissary Charlott

11. Doctor Frohman

Ah, got it. I don't know much about human history, sorry!
    - quackattack19

12. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

Name: Acacia Stormwood
    Race: Avian
    Position applying for: Hospitaller

Why are you applying for this position: Medical training and experience, ran the Terra hospital since its founding

Do you have any Medical Training: Lots.

Are you a tradesmen: No.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime, if so, state what crime: Defending someone. Voluntary incarceration.

Do you have ties to the USCM, The Miniknog, or any other known military factions: No.

Contact Information: A.S.

13. Boundless

Boundless New Member

Hello! Thank you for your interest in the U.H.S. As of now, we have a small section of land set up to allow us to begin service in the sector. You can find us at [REDACTED] If you'd like to come in for an interview, please stop by.

- Hospitaller Emissary Charlott

#13 Boundless, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
  14. Doctor Frohman

So you can get accepted even with only a "L.O.T.S." degree?
    You guys should post like, what education and stuff you're /looking/ for.
    - quackattack19

15. Wreth

Wreth New Member

((You should aquire legitimate sources of the aid you intend to supply. Like make arrangements with existing colonies or something))

16. Boundless

Boundless New Member

((Currently working that out not sure exactly how I'm going to get it to work, perhaps I could go to the council and ask for supplies.))

17. Boundless

Boundless New Member

As its just an application, we don't require applicants to get extremely detailed on their experience. The reason for this is that interviews get more than detailed enough, to satisfy the criteria we have set for the position. Thank you for your criticism.

18. Fluffeh

Fluffeh New Member

Name: Rudy
    Race: Novakid
    Position applying for: Serviceman

Why are you applying for this position: I have been jobless for awhile, sending applications to join colonies' security force. Then the tentacles came, so I decided to apply for this instead. Also I am extraordinary when it comes to my fist-fighting and shooting skills.

Do you have any Medical Training: Basic first aid, that's about it.

Are you a tradesmen: Nope.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime, if so, state what crime: Nope.

Do you have ties to the USCM, The Miniknog, or any other known military factions: Nope.

Contact Information: My Starnet PM box.

-Rudy

19. Boundless

Boundless New Member

I'm sorry, but as you don't seem to bring anything the UHS is needing, Emissaries, Hospitallers, and a general work force, we must deny your application. We currently have one trained Serviceman, and are not looking to over-saturate the position, especially with untrained candidates. Thank you for applying.

20. Fluffeh

Fluffeh New Member

untrained? I have too say I disagree. I am very well trained, in my shooting skills, like I said in the application, and why cant you just have two service men? What even is the purpose of just ONE fighter?
    -Rudy