1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Faction and Colony Rules - Unsupported

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Angre, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

The fourth rule has been revised to be less of a requirement and more of a suggestion. Thank you all for giving input, your feedback and criticisms are appreciated!

2. Epitaxis

Epitaxis Bathmophobic

(Really we forgot that tidbit was even still in rule 4.)

3. Darkwhip

Darkwhip That Russian-Canadian-Nazi

For council questions you should had ask those in the council topic, but just saying.

4. Yotan

Yotan New Member

I feel that Colonies should have some sort of investing before colonization can begin, and the investor obviously should have a kick back (through negotiation). Antares had/has many companies to invest into colonies if asked. It only make sense due to that amount of money a colony needs to maintain functionality. A least one investor.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441848339][/DOUBLEPOST]This should go for factions as well to a point, certain types of faction may not require financial support.

5. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

People did this?
    Is mayonnaise an expensive equipment?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441855404][/DOUBLEPOST]
    #NewChicagoWasAnInsideJob

6. Narfball

Narfball narfball

can i make a colony that only produces candy
    itll be cool trust me
    i...
    y'know what lemme just turn the candyland board game into a colony pls

7. Epitaxis

Epitaxis Bathmophobic

Yes.

No.
    And it is neither an instrument.

8. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

Is there a chance of having a need to buy stuff from local businesses as a common rule? We have lots of cheats to make stuff but IC there should be some kind of dependancy so that Player businesses mean something...

9. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

This has been brought up time and time again. Yes. It would be nice if player businesses meant something, but there is no practical way to enforce a "no cheated items" rule, and it would just limit people's creativity when building colonies and other nice things.

10. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Someone oughta make a Space IKEA. People need to buy their furniture off of somewhere.

11. SP3CTR3

What about in your requirements for a colony? You couldn't even have them tell you a player business that they are ''using'', despite maybe not even getting anything except an RPed, 'we are buying from you' kind of a discussion? You just stated that 'production' is a requirement, can't there also be a "purchasing' requirement?

12. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

On paper it looks great, but in practice it rarely works out. In the end, materials are poofing out of nowhere. No one is going IC into a mine to IC dig out materials to sell. It just doesn't happen. So at one point in the works, the economy is made out of cheated in items anyway. It is better to set up IC trade agreements or have an IC source, and use discretion when building to hint at a sense of limitation.

13. SP3CTR3

That's what I'm saying, have an IC source required, not just a 'production' requirement for colony and faction building. This could be something they switch from time to time, but have a requirement set up. Like needs two incoming sources of purchasing. It could just be in the application, right under production.

Like make it rule #7. Two sources you can purchase needed materials from.

I get that it's inconvenient to IC the creation of a mine, so the cheat-crafting would commense, but at least put it on the application and talk to the player business owner. Basically I'm just saying RP the sources, not necessarily deliver 1000 units of iron in game. Justify. It's not that hard, especially with the formation of the Trade Union.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441998880][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm just saying that would be a super easy way to enforce connections with businesses.

14. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

Is there a template for applying for a colony/faction forum? If so, where would we put it?

15. The Grand Mugwump

It doesn't really matter if multiple colonies share the same export. It sounds like most of the selling and manpower is going to be done with NPC's off screen. As far as power armor goes, it seems like a reasonable thing to have similar to a SWAT unit in American towns. It's not there to cruise around the streets, but when heavily armed ne'erdowells are causing mayhem, it's something a colony owner would probably be happy to have. Also, I call dibs on dirt. $1000 to stand on it. $300 plus royalties to grow with it per cubic meter used. Use as a building foundation is permissible on a case by case basis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.