1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

One More Week

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Angre, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Hey, everyone.

We've got good news. The wipe should be ready about a week from now. We've been reluctant to set a deadline in the past for a number of reasons. However, we have become very aware that it's doing us no good to continue to keep you guys in the dark. So, we've decided to set a deadline for when you can expect the wipe to take place; A week from now we will be presenting what lore we've written up and we will be wiping the server.

This does mean any planets you may have built on will be wiped. This is an unfortunate necessity and we hope that this won't prove to be too much of an inconvenience for all of you. However, our hopes are that this wipe will also solve the crashing issues that we're sure you all are very familiar with.

We'd like to thank you all for waiting patiently while we've been working on the new server lore. It has been quite the large task, and while it has taken us quite a while, we're confident that you'll all be satisfied by the results. We plan on continuously developing the lore as time passes; Our goal for this week is to finish up a framework to work off of and get everyone started with.

In other news, we've also changed the way reports are filed. You may have noticed a new button on the navbar that says "Report a Problem" in red. This links to a report form that will have you fill out several fields with the necessary information. This should hopefully make the process simpler and more convenient for you guys, and reports can even be filed anonymously if you're worried about being involved in some way. Hopefully these changes are to your guys' liking and will encourage you to file a report if you see any issues!

That's about it for this announcement, folks. Have a nice day.

2. Boundless

Boundless New Member

Get Hype!

3. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Well..... that was unexpected.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441257423][/DOUBLEPOST]Bah no edit button. Can we get an exact date? A week can vary for 5 to 7 days.

4. Boundless

Boundless New Member

The best I can give you is an estimate. It'll be here in about 5-7 days. c:

5. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Also what IC explanation is going to be explain for the server wipe? Is the mysterious anomaly still a thing or had the staff chosen a different route?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441257755][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry Boundless your not even staff.

6. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

Great to hear! Can't wait to rejoin when we all start practically anew.
    And yeah, what's going to be the IC cause of this wipe? And if it's the anomaly, what'll the new name of the sector(?) be?
    <4

7. Fluffeh

Fluffeh New Member

Good job staff members! I have been awaiting the wipe, because this wipe is ic aswell, and will add alot of interesting rp for awhile...

8. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Pretty sure it's still just Antares, as the name is super catchy and people like it.

9. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I imagine that the reveal will also include the details of the explanation behind the wipe. I can confirm that the anomaly is no longer a thing, however. A week is generally considered as 7 days, or at least is considered such in Staff terms.

10. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Some others and I were interested in the societal collapse after the anomaly. Guess he who shouts the loudest wins, instead of having a poll.

11. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

It seems there may be some confusion about what this wipe will bring to the server. I would like to clarify that no characters will be needed to be killed off. After the wipe happens, everyone will be able to continue to play their characters just like before. I'm sorry if this was unclear, and I hope this will alleviate some of your guys' concerns about the wipe.

12. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Okay so.... by now let say that people should be seeing something odd in the Antares sector cosmos wise? Or we still going to be left in the dark? Sensing a theme here.

13. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I'll leave it to Angre and Staff to decide on when they want to talk about the details of the wipe explanation.

14. Mitzi the Floran

Mitzi the Floran Sufferer of Prawnsequences

Aw man the Anomaly sounded cool as heck though =\

15. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Honestly I think this should be an option.

Really anomaly with an unrealistic it would kill off anything seems a bit odd. Kind of like a large rain storm rolling in, thunder booming in the distance, all kinds of lightning strikes, all equaling one hell of a crappy storm. Then.... Nothing but it sprinkles on you and moves on. We all have been in/seen those time of storms. It is odd and weird thinking shit is going to kit the fan only to have nothing happen.That is kinda of like what the anomaly sounds like.

Granted more options should be available. Like there is say a 50/50 on what the anomaly will do on liquid fuels vs solid fuels. What may or may not happen to ships middle FTL flight when they are hit. The cause of certain planets types may or may not have issues. Stars may go supernova what they are hit by the anomaly.

I am sure there are a few people that don't like their characters, or what to create new ones, etc.

16. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

I meant that characters wouldn't be needed to be killed off, but if a player chooses to kill off their character, that is their decision. We would never force such a decision on the player or prevent them from killing off their character if they wanted to do so. As for the anomaly, we have chosen not to go with that as our IC explanation for the wipe. We've got another idea in the works, one that we feel is much more thought out than the anomaly idea.

17. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Oh okay, i figure that was the case with the player choose of their characters., but you never know.

I did read either post, but since data and information from the staff is tighter then a large dog fitting through a cat door. So only thing we have to go off of is the mysterious anomaly.

18. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

So... EXACTLY one week? Or this weekend?

19. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

Upcoming wednesday.

20. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Exactly one week from whenever you last checked this thread, if you check earlier it will be out wednesday, if you JUST checked it will be out saturday, but only for you.