1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Cosmic Anomaly Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Unofficial Lore Discussion' started by Kazyyk, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrashHound

I highly agree. Your characters don't know what happened, so why would you need to? Just have fun with it. Its SCIENCE FICTION! We don't need an explanation to get on and roleplay with a little, "Hey! What just happened?" "Were am I?"

2. Fluffeh

Fluffeh New Member

but we still bring stuff with us, just not colonies and such

3. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I think it's safe to say you've got what you're carrying with you, plus whatever is on your ship. So obviously, entire buildings and heavy equipment will be left behind.

4. Fluffeh

Fluffeh New Member

yea, I think we could work with it like that, because really everyone wont know what happened, they just would see a flash of light, and all of a sudden be somewhere they weren't before

5. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Well, they'd see it coming a bit before it reached them. (Unless they were indoors.)

6. TrashHound

Would it be so slow moving that people would have time to purchase supplies and load them on there ship? Or is it a little faster then that?

7. Fluffeh

Fluffeh New Member

kaz says its slow
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439062493][/DOUBLEPOST]and I mean't by all of a sudden as in at a random time when they see that flash of light, it will then vanish, and they will be on a uninhabited planet. and at a random time could be weeks.. years even.. based on what kaz said

8. TrashHound

I'm just wondering how slow exactly.

9. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Slow enough to prepare, but remember: your character wouldn't have any idea what this anomaly is or what it does.
    They wouldn't know what they're preparing for.

10. nightbane

nightbane New Member

This seems like quite an intresting idea ^^. Though I got a few questions myself (sorry if any are repeats just read through the entire thread, info blurs XD).
    1.So if I am understanding correctly OLD and NEW character can both reasonbly end up in this new system?
    2.Would previously allowed mods (such as the ship building mod) still be allowed?
    3.What is this ILC you have refered to? (im catching up on alot of post, been busy)

11. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

1) Yep
    2) I'd have to test the ship building one... can't remember if it's safe.
    3) ILC stands for ILikeCheating, an item spawner mod that has been tangentially linked to issues with worlds freezing or crashing and thus has been banned from use because of it.

12. Wreth

Wreth New Member

We'll just have to build starter colonies out of wood and planks to begin with, rather than concrete jungles. That can come later after actual mining operations are set up.

Glitch, Floran, Novakid and Avian architecture is all pretty basic anyway made from wood and stone. That's over half the races.

#72 Wreth, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015
  13. Fluffeh

Fluffeh New Member

Kaz, I would LOVE IT if you started the wipe sometime soon, because literately NO ONE has said anything bad about it, yet... but it may be because colony owners havent been on the forums today and yesterday, but still, it still is your choice of when we do it, if we do, and your choice is based off what everyone says.

14. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

A lot of scripts need to be written, a lot of lore needs to be worked out, and all sorts of other goodies that will come with an in-game reset. It will probably be at the EARLIEST a few months, as of right now.

15. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

MONTHS? That ain't gonna fly XD

16. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Well, there is a LOT of code involved and a lot of work that needs done that the playerbase will be able to help with. It is definitely a large project. It can't happen in a night, we're basically redoing the server as it really should have been done when it started.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Sounds like hunters, scavengers, and foragers really get the best out of this deal...

18. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

You forget that traditional Hylotl architecture also involves wood and stone.

19. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

I kinda skipped through an entire page of posts. Don't mind me if this was already mentioned, but...
    I saw that there was somebody asking for a way to prepare or shield against it. An anomaly by definition is something outside of standard expectations, varying from the usual.

In short I don't think there should be a way to really prepare too much for it. Being a bright light it could be mistaken as a solar flare or something though.

20. Alaystus

Alaystus Resident Art Bum
    Staff Member

Yo, not sure if this is the place for it, but I've actually been using an alternative to ILC called the Spawnable Item Pack. It comes with two folders, one for items and an expansion for blocks (perhaps vice-versa). It doesn't have everything ILC has, but it's pretty decent! I'm not sure if it causes any problems, though. Also, as it's been said before, I really hope this happens soon, even though it looks like it won't for some time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.