1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Colony of Terra

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EyesofMarch, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

[​IMG]
    Welcome to Terra
    Hello, people of the Antares Frontier. For many months I have traveled throughout this crazed sector, stopping in places such as Katune, New Tetanus, Aldrovanda and the Mawl. Throughout these lands, I continue to see the same issue. The strong prey on the weak, the evil take advantage of the kind hearted, and fear of injury, of losing all you hold dear, lies around every corner. To this, I say no more. I, Sarah McKinley, and a few of my close friends and partners, have been hard at work developing plans, laws, and surveying the construction of a new colony in Antares: Terra.

Terra will be unlike any other colony in the sector. Instead of wooden buildings and huts, we have spent many hours of hard work and many thousands of dollars to create large city structures including a gymnasium, a hospital, a large indoor marketplace, a factory building, and a shooting range. Instead of forcing you to live in a small apartment constructed by the colony itself, the Terran government will give building permits to civilians interested in becoming citizens of Terra, and you can make use of our construction drones to assist in building a home for yourself. Shop owners will be extended a similar venture, and can place their shops in the Terran Marketplace, and make use of our factory and landing pad for cargo and construction of mechanical wares.

There will also be many jobs available on Terra. From handling our new but bolstering fishing department to planting and harvesting coconut palm trees and banana plants, from becoming a member of our new Terran Security Department to joining the ranks of our elite Task Force, and to even assist in running our gymnasiums, ranges, and hospital, and prevent these facilities from running into disrepair; Terra has a job for you.

Terra seeks to bring a new place of civilization to Antares. A place where you can feel safe from harm, and live your life as YOU see fit, and not in the shadow of some greater evil. Terra is a free place, Terra is a safe place, and we're ready to get to work.

________________________________________________________________________________________

If you are interested in joining one of Terra's many work positions are it prepares to open it's doors to the public, please follow the form below and fill it out on this page. If you have any questions, please fill them out below as well. Depending on the circumstances, or any questions you may have, you may meet in person with Ms. McKinley or conduct an over-Starnet interview. You can apply for any position, and we'll see if we have it available.

NAME:
    SPECIES:
    SKILLS:
    PAST CAREER EXPERIENCE:
    PRIOR HOME LOCATION (Which Colony are you from?):
    EXTRA INFORMATION (Anything you want to add):

2. Tallen

Tallen New Member

Name: Natalya
    Species: Apex
    Carrer Field Interested: Any
    Skills: Great knowledge of Apex physiology, particularly neurobiology. Quick to learn new skills.
    Past career experience: (Empty)
    Prior home location: (Empty)
    Extra information: I am mute and cannot speak, though I can utilize a text-to-speech software. I am willing to do any sort of work necessary that does not involve combat.

3. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Accepted! We are still awaiting more job requests!

4. Grifter

Grifter New Member

NAME: James 'Torchie' Dickens
    SPECIES: Novakid
    CAREER FIELD INTERESTED: Security.
    SKILLS: Gunslinging, Lasso-ing, Uuh, Piloting.
    PAST CAREER EXPERIENCE: Lawbringer.
    PRIOR HOME LOCATION: a dead star.
    EXTRA INFORMATION: Uuuuuh....

5. Dimmie

Dimmie New Member

NAME: Leylu
    SPECIES: Floran
    CAREER FIELD INTERESTED: Cooking... Cooking... Cooking...?
    SKILLS: Issss good at cooking, and writing sssometimessss
    PAST CAREER EXPERIENCE: None!
    PRIOR HOME LOCATION (Which Colony are you from?): Floran jusssst arrived at Frontier
    EXTRA INFORMATION (Anything you want to add): Floran will write novel not about ssstabbing sssomeday... And ssstop writing all the hissssing ssshe doesss but ssshe typesss what she ssssaysss becausssse itsss easssier to remember that way!

6. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

I'll set up times for interviews for you both.

7. Day Tripper

Day Tripper miller ball breaker

Name: Hyperworks Datafarming Associates, Tom Thomson & John Joneson

Species: Human

Career Field Interested: Data storage & Server Rental

Skills: Computer Engineering, Software Development, Networking Security & System Analysis & Maintenance

Past Career Experience: N/A

Prior Home Location: Gomano II, Hyperworks Datafarming Corporate Headquarters

Extra Information:

Hyperworks prides itself on security and reliance, providing clients with the safest means possible for storing bulk quantities of data. Corporate Executive, Dmitri Philidopea, started this company from nothing more but a single server in his garage! Now, 30 years later, Hyperworks resides within the top 5 data security companies in the galaxy! Hyperworks promises to provide a neutral stance toward all political affairs, ensuring the stability and safekeeping of its systems by enlisting it’s own private security team & stand alone power grid.

Hyperworks provides Colony governing bodies with a desirable source of income that is completely safe and simple! No toxin or noise pollution is to be expected from a Hyperworks establishment!

Upon the signing a Hyperworks interminable contract, Hyperworks associates will commence the establishment of their personal datafarm facility- providing the colony with a 5% cut of all monthly income.

8. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Contact me personally to set up a meeting. We'd be very interested in having a data-storage center on Terra.

- Govenor McKinley

9. Dodec1

Dodec1 New Member

NAME: Rodrick Titus
    SPECIES: Human
    CAREER FIELD INTERESTED: Bartending or Farming
    SKILLS: Farming, Bartending, Cooking and Minor skills in robotics
    PAST CAREER EXPERIENCE: My own farm which I have worked on and off on for years, and i've worked on both New Tetanus and Gryphons Peak bars respectively.
    PRIOR HOME LOCATION: (Empty)
    EXTRA INFORMATION: I'm blind in my left eye, so this may complicate some things. Along with this, i'm missing my right arm. Although I have a robotic one in its place.

10. Wreth

Wreth New Member

You named it Terra?

That's in bad taste. I mean, people died!

Jack Ripley.

11. Corvus

Corvus New Member

NAME: ELIZABETH
    SPECIES: GLITCH
    CAREER FIELD INTERESTED: METALWORKER
    SKILLS: BLACKSMITHING, a bit in CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT, REPAIR.
    PAST CAREER EXPERIENCE: TARANIS BLACKSMITH.
    PRIOR HOME LOCATION (Which Colony are you from?): TARANIS.
    EXTRA INFORMATION (Anything you want to add): I recently met TORCHIE and was enchanted by TERRA.

12. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Very well! Everyone who has requested a job at Terra, we will be opening later today... Publically! Please come see me then! Have a fantastic day!

13. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

It is obvious you haven't even heard of colonies such as Liberty Mills, Union, or New Chicago, neither bother informing yourself if yours 'deserves' such a feat. Your statement is false.

-Memory

14. Fluffeh

Fluffeh New Member

NAME: Albert
    SPECIES: Floran
    CAREER FIELD INTERESTED: Medical
    SKILLS: Farming, cooking
    PAST CAREER EXPERIENCE: Farming
    PRIOR HOME LOCATION (Which Colony are you from?): a farm on a far away planet
    EXTRA INFORMATION (Anything you want to add): I was raised by humans

15. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

A Floran interested in medicine. Alright. I'll be sure to set up an interview, and have you meet our resident doctor in charge of the Terran General Hospital.

- Governor McKinley

16. Fluffeh

Fluffeh New Member

What are the coordinates of your colony? because I cant find them anywhere on starnet, and you said you would open 'later today' more than a week ago.
    -Albert

#16 Fluffeh, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
  17. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

Terra has recently opened it's doors to the pubic. We have a second Starnet thread set up to show our coordinates, and some of the jobs and things we have available on our bustling new colony.

- Governor McKinley

18. OcularOccultist

OcularOccultist New Member

"My God in Heaven, please forgive me for mine failings and the rage compelling me to speak, but speak I must. Shame! Shame be upon you, Miss McKinley. How? That is what I must know. How can one hold their fellow man in such low regard as to mock the tragedy and suffering of so many? Terra.. Earth, the dead husk and former jewel of the Sol Sector. As we all know, Earth has lain prostate and silent for no more than eight years, yet you and your ilk feel it right to mock or perhaps simply steal the name of our beloved homeworld for your own distasteful purposes. I plead to you, as a simple, Christian man, re-think this. There is still time to change titles, and to issue apologies . Do not pilfer the name of our lost home, you do not have that right."

-Lrn4S@lv@tion

19. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

The building permits thing is especially reminiscent of how my colony functioned. Plus, considering the events of Earth, making a colony called Terra is like naming a spaceship Titanic 2.

Just my two cents.

- JuliusMayne
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439149205][/DOUBLEPOST]It is also worth noting that had I not known you I would've seen this colony as a nostalgia trip for my own. The job templates, the buildings, and various other places just scream of my old style. I wish you luck, but if I were to make one comment.

Use lethal force on any and all people claiming they can destroy your city. It's a mistake I made once, and look at what happened.

-JuliusMayne

20. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

hey like, nobody listens to the 'no armor' rules
    your guards should be informed of such, ive seen so many vigilatines and crap
    - quackattack19

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.