1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Staff Response Times

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Diehardpatriot, Jul 22, 2015.

1. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

All people do is bag on my opinions so I'm just gonna toss my hat in support and let others do the arguing. I like this server, and all the staff that I've spoken with have been friendly and helpful when it was within their power. I can however see where everyone in this thread is coming from. Any staff reading this thread should pay attention and formulate a good response in a timely and level headed way because we are your folks, coming to you with something that can make the server better. It's my hope that this doesn't get ignored or just seen as complaining, but instead a mostly honest and sober addressing of grievances.

(I just know someone's going to respond to the honest and sober remark, so have at it. :p)

#21 SP3CTR3, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
  2. GoneDark

GoneDark Previously Darkwill

Well said, and well phrased. Like I previously mentioned, these aren't personal attacks, nor done in malice towards the admins and moderators or server itself. Rather frustrated responses from concerned members of this community. We don't want to hear our concerns argued against because then it feels as if our concerns are of no consideration to the staff. We bring these things up and post at all because we are concerned for the server. This is our home. We want it to be fun to be here. We make our voice heard because we care.

3. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

We do recognize this issue and we have been working to create a solution for it. As Twitch said, much of this issue has to do with inactivity amongst staff; however, this is primarily an issue with our super moderators. We've been reluctant to replace these staff members while staff applications are currently down for revision, which was admittedly chosen to be done at a rather inopportune time.

There is no denial here that we have been slow to respond to or resolve issues, and we do greatly appreciate any and all patience on the community's part. When staff applications are once again available, it would be a great help for anyone interested to apply; having more active staff members on hand can prevent this issue from occurring in the future.

4. GoneDark

Good to know. I'll put my application in soon enough...

5. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

I had no problems with staff's response time so far.

6. GoneDark

Good to see some people do get their problems solved in a timely manner. That is what you meant by this, correct?

7. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Yes.

8. GoneDark

Well, a lot of us haven't. I'll just throw my example out there, since I wasn't specific enough earlier. I had an issue involving the death of my character that the moderators said they'd 'look into' at the time. This was Sunday at midnight EST. Its now past midnight on Wednesday. I have received no word, no update, no answer, nothing. Any attempt at contact is met with silence. I've asked multiple staff, I've used multiple different methods. Nothing. No response whatsoever. And I know these people are online at the time. I know they get on while I'm on. I know that it doesn't require me to be online to send a feedback message, and I know that they have been on since the last time I checked, with me here or not.

I'm still waiting, by the way...

9. Shadeykins

Shadeykins New Member

Partly because I believe criticism and the taking on of opposing viewpoints is key to fortifying information and coming to tighter, less biased decisions.

Partly because at the end of the day everyone here is human, and makes mistakes.

Threads like these very quickly turn into witch hunts.

It's a mixed bag, I intended to clarify and hash out a lot of those statements a lot more, but an annoying twelve year old was yammering at me.

At the very least I do think people are being a bit heavy-handed.

10. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Your not the only only having issues Logan, there is probably a boat filled with quite a few of us.

I don't thinks this is a witch hunt per-say, as we are not hunting the staff. Needless to say Morpheous said it, "But they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys"

If we can't present our issue openly without being punished, banned, or hated on. Then you might as well just pack in this server now.

11. Rezima

Rezima New Member

As has been stated before, a large part of the issue is the lack of active staff. Majority of us are burnt out, on our way out or are busy with personal issues.

Hell, I am one of the admins and I do next to nothing these days, these past few days excluded,

We are going to be opening applications soon though, so with any luck these recurring issues will all be resolved in short order.

12. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

It is getting to be a busy period for a lot of us. While some issues may or may not be our fault, a lot, probably most of those issues are a result of inactivity.

It is no secret that starbound is the game most of us are here for, and our current starbound mods are very few and little in power. I'm hoping we will take steps to give them more

The biggest problem I find is a lack of communication, between players and staff and among the different bodies of staff themselves. I talk to other Gmods literally every day, but hardly to starbound mods at all.

If any players would like to have me more accessible for contact, my skype is rainbro.dash, and my steam is Jazz Funkington.

I'm not trying to just be polite and professional here, but I really do appreciate the civility with which this issue has been brought up and discussed, and I'm sorry for the stresses and inconvenience.

#32 Avis, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015