1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

So...

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

We can just hope it's something Sen did to ILC by accident and not Chucklefish's fail at developing the game's current public update.
    I can see what you mean, but I really don't see any solution to this. It's all in waiting. Or possibly resetting the Universe, keeping the old save, seeing what happens. Not the best idea, I don't know why I brought it up, but who knows.
    And like Angre said, it seems to be keeping people interested. A few people like PZ, a few don't. But considering Starbound, it's a thing that most likely just isn't repairable until Chucklefish does something about it. We've heard suspicions about it being ILikeCheating, but I don't think there's any actual evidence to support such. If there was, I'm sure there'd have been a fix in no time. But Chucklefish is taking a vacation or something presumably, just from my knowledge of it being forever and them only working on more additions to the game in Nightlies rather than perfecting the current content of the game.

We can try and bring it to their attention to provide a more detailed .log for information when the game crashes. Or something. That may help.

2. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Considering other Starbound servers who would be less familiar with ILC do not seem to be suffering this problem and it spontaneously occurring long after the last update of Starbound it not being related to sen's mod seems unlikely, especially when Sen himself said it causes exactly the problems we are getting.

3. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Are there any ILC alternatives for multiplayer?
    unless spawnig items itself causes crashes

4. Tallen

Tallen New Member

The Mawl was built by Twitch. Do we have confirmation if he built it with or without ILC?

5. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Twitch built the Mawl by spawning items with admin commands, I believe.

6. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Sure but other people have built stuff there. Someone told me they saw the yarn spinner and christmas table on the planet.

7. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Just to make it clear, we're not abandoning or ignoring SB. I'm still working on other SB related projects behind the scenes.

8. ErinKeen

ErinKeen New Member

Like what?

9. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I'll talk about them when they're ready. Currently rewriting all the code the server sits/runs on. (the daemon software that handles automated restarts, backups, and the like)

10. NightGamerBR

NightGamerBR New Member

Know what sounds cool, Unturned Roleplay cuz zambies, yaaah,and its free
    Know what sounds cool, garry's Mod roleplay, since its awesome

Also there's terraria RP .-.

11. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

LOTRO RP
    /s

12. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

The way everyone's suggesting new games on here to play so suddenly and by so many is making it definitely seem like SBRP is gonna blow over. Patience is key. For those who have PZ, we can play that in joy, but it's not easy for Kazyyk to run so many game-servers, let alone one.

Patience will save us.

13. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

But isn't Terraria Rp like, worst?
    And by saying that GMod RP is awesome, I hope you don't mean DarkRP...

14. Fluffeh

Fluffeh New Member

we're not having gmod rp. it will attract the wrong people and...