1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Anyone up for D&D?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Khaltor, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Would you guys be interested in playing D&D with me and John (McFakeName) ?
    It's been ages since I've played D&D and my regular tabletop group isn't available/doesn't want to D&D as we're already doing Dark Heresy.

Ideally we'd need at least 2 more players and a DM since I'm rather inexperienced at DMing and I'd rather play, tbh.

I have a bunch of 3.5, 4 and 5th edition pdfs.

2. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I'd be interested in playing/DMing a 3.5e game.

3. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

that'd be sick, sign me up, and by extension John and Lord Stan (he's shy)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437181691][/DOUBLEPOST]3.5 sounds good, can you give us some parameters about what we're allowed to draw from in terms of classes, races, etc etc?
    Edit: I don't mean homebrew stuff, but for instance whether the Races From Eberron would be a valid source.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437182657][/DOUBLEPOST]FoRgE may also want to join in, he's new to D&D though.

4. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Anything within Forgotten Realms should be fine. (That's what I'm mostly familiar with.)
    My knowledge of D&D isn't as pure as it would be if I was a PnP player, as I actually haven't done a whole lot of PnP. My experience comes from games set in the D&D universe, primarily Neverwinter Nights.

5. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

I'm asking because I wanted to play a changeling, but I can totally understand if you'd rather not have me do that, because although they allow the player to be /very/ creative with it (last time I rp'd a changeling I had a packing mule who carried around different sets of clothing for me), It can be a bit broken at times.

6. skeletor

skeletor Banned

ye ye

I haven't played D&D in a while so i might need a refresher yo

7. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

So currently, we're at:

DM: @Kazyyk
    Players: @Khaltor, @John McFakename , @Dark Lord Stan , @FoRgE , @R2Randy2
    D&D version and setting: 3.5, Forgotten Realms

Are we rolling for our ability scores? If so we need to go to Rolz.org for that and I'd like some additional explanation on which books we're using, I've checked wikipedia and Races of Faerun and Player's Guide to Faerun are a bit... Confusing to me :p...

8. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

I wanna join!

9. skeletor

skeletor Banned

bruh when did smokestack die riparooni
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437236144][/DOUBLEPOST]
    also, do 3.5e races/classes count? i haven't played D&D since like 8th grade but it was the shit

10. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Eh, 6 players is like maximum capacity, it's not easy to play with such a big group, if FoRgE ends up not joining it'd be no problem though.

Well as far as i know Forgotten Realms has the normal 3.5 races and some others, who're described in the Races of Faerun 3.5 book.

I /think/ Kazyyk was reffering to this: http://www.reality.net/dnd/pdf/DnD-Forgotten Realms - Races of Faerun - OCR.pdf . Well that /and/ the normal player handbook, probably.
    http://www.aegisoft.be/costa/data/roleplay/D&D 3.5 - Players Handbook [OEF].pdf

11. skeletor

skeletor Banned

12. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Just to note, I've already said I'm not familiar with PnP all that much. My offer to DM comes with an assumption that you're OK if an amateur DM's. I haven't DM'd in years.

13. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Meh, I'm sure it'll be /fine/...

http://puu.sh/j3R7t/12953fc90c.png
    I guess anything that's within the basic player handbook and the Forgotten Realms is okay? I mean, thats what Kaz said earlier, I think.
    I'd like to play a Changeling Rogue/Bard but Changelings are from the Eberron setting, so if Kaz prefers us to use the Forgotten Realms stuff I'll have to pick something else. Changelings are a bit snowflakey though, so perhaps it's for the best.

14. skeletor

skeletor Banned

I was planning on being a Human Ninja because that's what i'd do when I used to play with my friends. It's from the Complete Adventurer handbook (Complete Adventurer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) If kaz prefers Forgotten Realms i'll just go rogue.

15. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

Aw, I'm late.
    Though I haven't played D&D in forever.

Perhaps you can keep us updated on what's happening in the RP? I'd be up for a read if you guys noted everything that happened in your adventures.

16. skeletor

skeletor Banned

As far as I know we haven't started yet.

17. Not A President

I know, but from my very first time playing D&D it was all confusing and a few people were getting off track because we had about 7 others, not including me nor the Dungeonmaster.

So I wouldn't want to barge in, but I'd be a happy spectator!

18. skeletor

skeletor Banned

I used to play in groups of eight including the DM back in middleschool. I'd be up for squeezing you into the party if you DM feels like he can handle it.

19. Not A President

If everyone is fine with it, sure. I don't have a tight schedule until September when I'm back in boring ol' school.

20. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

I'd offer my services to DM, but my experience with DMing is mainly from Pathfinder and Call of Cthulhu. I ran homebrew though.