1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

So...

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

You did, I assume?

#101 Froot, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  2. ktoma36

ktoma36 New Member

3. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

I've tried it out, and so far it's pretty nice. It lacks chat functionality, however, so that would make it rather unsuitable for roleplay at this moment in time.

4. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

I think DayZ and Rust are terrible selections because people like me exist. I am the kind of person to hunt another person just to hunt them. No reason, no regret.

Space Engineers / Medieval engineers might be a good choice, though the ability to troll on it is extraordinarily high, whether it be accidental or intentional.

5. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

This community is pretty cool about not trolling.

6. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

What if the Starbound crashes were fixed?

7. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

Then I'd still want PZ rp.

8. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

I'd stick with SB.

9. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

I'd totally stick with SB. I haven't shovelled 100+ hours (probably) into the server just to stop.

10. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

Even so, I built a huge castle and accidentally crushed half of it irreparably. It would be very very accident prone and hard to sort out mishaps because, to my knowledge, there is no 'revert' like with starbound worlds.

11. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

The whole point of Medieval Engineers is to build castles that fail so you know how to make castles that don't fail.

The ruined castles look cool, anyway.

12. skeletor

skeletor Banned

i'm more impressed by the whips he did building up to that than the actual backflip at the end

13. ErinKeen

ErinKeen New Member

Crashes, lag: if these stopped, you'd see more people, more activity and more reasons to stay on Starbound. I've been poking around on the forum since I got here and the signal I've been picking up is "Antares (Starbound) needs to be revitalized". On one hand, opening up new games would draw attention away from SB, at least initially. On the other, having players interested in X, Y, and Z might see them eventually coming to SB.

14. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

It's more about the community, anyway, than the games. At least that's what I'd like it to become. Some of the issues with SB are puzzling, so it's an effort/value balance of trying to solve the issue or considering alternatives. We'll get the issues solved one way or another, though, don't get me wrong. It just may take awhile.

15. ErinKeen

ErinKeen New Member

(n00b question from an Antares n00b) Do you play much, Kazyyk? On the server, I mean. Because I haven't found any indication that you have characters, or participate in RP on the forum. I only ask because if that was the case, your mindset would make a lot more sense.

I'm not being an upstart, I swear!

16. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I have pretty much zero IC presence anywhere. I like to focus on technical stuff and the user experience. I'm always tweaking something, or adding some new feature somewhere (no matter how small). Occasionally I'll handle a dispute or something, but I'm rarely in-game. I like to remain approachable though, typically through the forums.

17. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

He applied to be a custom race of kobold in game, and the staff denied his character request. He hasn't gotten on the server since.

18. ErinKeen

ErinKeen New Member

Well, keep in mind that the user experience, up until recently, appears (from my point of view, take it with a grain of salt since I'm just a newcomer here who did some reading) to have been centered around Starbound, not other games. I can't help but think the disconnect between you and the actual, IC RP might distance you, in some cases (not all) from decisions made for the, at least originally, Starbound-oriented community.

My two cents, and again, I'm new here. Might be overstepping my bounds a bit.

19. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Ah, you're fine. It's possible. Typically why I rely on polls or asking questions, like the original post in this thread.

20. Fluffeh

Fluffeh New Member

Damn