1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

How you Can Help with the Antares Lore Mod.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Julius Mayne, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Okay, so I've been hard at work on this mod for a few days now and I've got some good progress under my belt, I'm learning new things and implementing them as I go. Now it's time to put some of you prospecting mod helpers to work.

If you would like to help there are a few things I need help with:

Sprites for items and armors that will be added to the loot tables.

Codex entries (380 characters per page) that revolve around the lore of Antares.

Etc.

For Advanced Users:
    People to help design and create dungeons, a very tedious process of coding and painting in paint.NET that takes longer than it would be to actually build the damned thing in-game.

Either way, thanks for any help you offer in advance.

2. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Wait, lore mod? We're actually enforcing some Antares lore? Or are we talking about, y'know, "The BlackFang Menace" - Long time ago, in a sector really nearby, there was a tribe of black-foliaged Florans who destroyed Port Last and made everyone's life miserable. Then we killed them all. The end. ?

3. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Yeah, NC, Opportunity, Wolves, that stuff, stuff that happened on the server.

4. Solour

Solour a dad

it'd never be complete, and if so, skewed.

5. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Elaborate.

6. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

The biggest problem is accuracy, people don't always have the full story of what happened... Unless the author's of the codexes are supposed to be flawed sometimes. Like if Stab-Dancer wrote a codex about the USAF it may be inaccurate because Stab-Dancer loathes the USAF etc...

Also the sheer number of events that would be codex-able would be insane.

7. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I am trying to find people who actually played the characters write the codex's. This way if there are inaccuracies they are seen from the limited perspective of someone who was actually there. And, naturally, the mod being a mod will change some things to give a proper quest line to those who don't roleplay.

8. Solour

Solour a dad

good luck finding those people.

9. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

Damn guys, just squat on his face while you're at it...

10. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Sorry, I thougt the forums were a place where one could give honest feedback?

11. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Yo. I can help with some Tetanus Fields shit. Convo me with questions or whatev.

12. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

@Khaltor, people aren't used to bringing solutions to these threads, just flaws. That's not exactly constructive feedback, that's just telling him why it wouldn't work. That's not telling him how it CAN work.Which is the feedback he wants...

I for one think this is completely do-able, despite the nay-sayers. If you like it, it would be fun and even if it wasn't official. And you Julius, are proof that lots of people come and go regularly, and people turn back up too, so I doubt it would be hard to find people since plenty of people turned up in the New Chicago thread.

13. Solour

Solour a dad

that was NC though. and if i remember about NC correctly, it was a huge cluster. Maybe not shit, but oddities. He wants a huge collection of antares lore, you gotta go way back than that. and by that, it's already a no-go, considering of who's left. it isnt pointing the flaws for shitposting and maymays, its showing it cant be done without an omnipresent unbiased take on it all.
    shits rough
    unless the bias is needed, and IC, then whatever cool, yfeel me

14. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I'm not taking any of what you guys are saying as shit posting, you make valid points. However, I will still attempt to make the mod and I'll let the community decide if they like it or not. If they don't, then it will simply be a pretty neat story expansion to Starbound, I can take criticism.

15. CrackShotCleric

CrackShotCleric New Member

well, between the members who are here, their characters, and general experiences that can be filled in by "incert-name-here" rando npc's, we should have quite the history. I could ask skippy to type up some stuff, but we don't need 5000 pages of super detailed lore. just journal excerpts, reports, and other such documents. we used to have a forum newspaper that would contribute a lot to that.

I mean, most of the people here have been here FOREVER. I came here in the server merge, way way way back. How much do we actually need to get this done? While it will be biased, that's expected and desired from such documents.

It would take a bit of work, but we could do this.