1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

ICIA and New Chicago Nostalgia Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Julius Mayne, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Okay, so I was feeling a little nostalgic so I looked through my hard drive and found a bunch of New Chicago related items. I am here to ask those of you to post your New Chicago related screens shots or content.

I have some content of my own.

First, the New Chicago registry:
    Shellton
    Ghostreaver - Minty
    Brass Cast
    Osbourne - Osbourne
    Thomas Brooks - gPolaris
    Shogunu
    Alaystus
    Douglas_Jaliji
    Ryugu-No-Tsukai
    NeoXero
    PetalHunter
    Willowbark
    Adler
    Scaleist
    Malton
    Fishlicker
    John
    Chuuk Hatrhak
    Red
    Paul-Peters
    Sprocket
    Frank
    Dr.Frohman
    Everwatt
    Ryugu
    Elizibeth=Halsey
    Cecily
    Ela
    Stephy
    Kendall Klein
    Akori
    Cyl
    Viktor
    Jessica Reeves
    Blood-thorn
    Marlowe
    Hawkston
    Mkvenner
    Laonie
    Mark
    Jack-Rippley
    Jake Samoa
    John Cromwell
    Samuel
    Edward Rasa
    S.A.I.L
    RayBeluga
    Oren Sharo
    Hisashi
    Rawne Mkoll

And some screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And of course Videos:

Please submit anything else you can, art, screenshots, writings, anything.

#1 Julius Mayne, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
  2. WholesomeBURN

WholesomeBURN New Member

Anyone else remember how a bunch of edgy anarchists took over because no one remembered to buy security forces heavy weaponry? No? Just me?

3. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I was honestly hoping for something a little more productive than that.

4. WholesomeBURN

WholesomeBURN New Member

Im just upset to losing my favorite toon to a edgelord that bagged a plasma cannon with him.

5. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Still, I'd appreciate it if you had screenshots or anything, I honestly made this thread to compile what I could for memories sake.

6. WholesomeBURN

WholesomeBURN New Member

No, I don't. Sorry Julius.

7. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's all I got sadly. I gotta say though that New Chicago was very nostalgic for me. It was the major hub when I first joined the server and it's the hub that I built a lot of fond memories in. New Chicago was what got me invested in Starbound RP because of how friendly people were back then. It was also how I got Smokestack to start becoming more and more developed. There in New Chicago he became a member of the Grey Hand through a secret meeting, became friends with so many people, saw the evolution of the bar like 3 times, and had a best friend die in his very hands in the hospital. Not only that, Smokestack took part in battles to defend New Chicago and saw the townspeople come together to fight off the Outcast threat. But more importantly, I got to see a colony from around its start to its very end during the server's great times and I hold that close.

Oh but more nostalgia! Real life had me going through a tough time. Around September my girlfriend had broken up with me. For the third time. After cheating on me. For the third time. So I was devastated! I wanted to escape reality! And Antares was there and so was Smokestack. I got on Smokestack and went to New Chicago to get away from my problems because it was at New Chicago that I made friends. So here I sit Smokestack down on the park bench when out comes Yukari. No one's really rping at this time, so Yukari takes out a piano and starts playing her typical song. I was sad. Within reason I'd like to think. I literally went on Starbound after someone just broke up with me. But hearing the song really did cheer me up especially since a bunch of people and I started following Yukari and parading along with the song on loop. After hearing the song and realizing that I was around all these good internet strangers, I just didn't really see the point in being sad anymore.

And it's that moment on New Chicago that made me feel like Antares is the best server around. And it's that moment that makes me love New Chicago as a colony. With the OOC and the IC, I loved NC.

I probably shared too much, but eh nostalgia hits me right in the feels.

8. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

This was genuinely touching, thank you for sharing this with me. Around mid-way through New Chicagos development my girlfriend left me, told me a lot of nasty horrible things and blamed me for most of the problems in her life. I am glad to know I wasn't alone in those struggles, but it was after that that I threw my all into New Chicago, made it all I did for a long time.

Its nice to know I'm not the only one nostalgic for it.

9. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

RIP Duckie

10. Solour

Solour a dad

*bad memories intensify*

11. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Had alot of fun times there as my various chars (even edgefish mc lorebreak but he's ded so shh). Especially during the time when some ex-USAF members had taken residence there and were scrambling to defend themselves and hide their identities.

12. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I remember having Shadowstep operate on a couple of people there after the whole USAF break up shebang. Good times.

13. CrackShotCleric

CrackShotCleric New Member

I remember a really annoying room mate. He always got terribly sick, or grievously injured. He got super drunk, all the time... and ended making an ass of himself. I kept having to bail him out, clean up his puke, and carry him up the side of the building back to the apartment.

He always left the doors open, flooded the workshop at least once a week, invited over the strangest guests which kept me up all hours of the night. He emptied the fridge daily, never ate his vegetables. Never took out the trash, and NEVER did the laundry.

He insisted I make all the grocery runs, did all the renovations, and had a compulsive habit of adding titles and responsibilities to my job (which rapidly got out of control).

All that said, he was a pretty chill dude. We had a lot of fun. Between me rescuing him and him rescuing me, we had some crazy stories to tell.

First time I met the guy, he gives me a free full tank of gas and directions to cheap lodging and a job. I did a cargo run for him, building materials from a few sectors over, and ended up having to rescue him from a terrorist to get my money (the first of many such terrorists). He then tried to blackmail me into silence about some valuable ore on the other side of the planet... I turned the tables and he gave me a job.

We got rich. Filthy rich. Killed some more terrorists, almost blew up about five times, demolished the city a few times to rebuild, I got in trouble with security (a lot), and caused my fair share of intergalactic trouble (from which he bailed me out).

We got even more rich, the colony grew from a tiny backwater planet to a bustling outer rim trade hub. We built a bank, we filled the bank, and then it was robbed in spectacular Hollywood fashion. We rebuilt the bank, along with half the city. We fought off a USCM invasion, started and ended a crap ton of bar fights. Together, we consumed a literal ocean of booze. We got cool guns, awesome phones, and shiny security badges (mine kept getting deactivated because I kept doing stupid shit). We had a jail, we blew up the jail. We had terrorist cells (which we obliterated), the mafia (which we befriended), and waged a constant on-again-off-again war with the floran tribe next door (we eventually obliterated them too, then EVERYONE celebrated).

All in all, we had a good run.

Here's to the good times Julius!

Your greatest friend (and just about everything else),
    Rawne Mkoll

#13 CrackShotCleric, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  14. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

Even though I never saw the colony, I'm super inspired by all the talk of it. If any of you are into the idea of creating something fun akin to this, check out my Hubworld idea thread in RP planning...

15. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

This nearly brought a tear to my eye.

16. CrackShotCleric

CrackShotCleric New Member

What I think is most halarious, was that Rawne was totally forgotten. Well, that and he LITERALLY had to carry Julius up THE SIDE of the building on an almost DAILY basis. It was always halarious walking through your office in the middle of a meeting, opening the door to no-where, and then grappling up to our apartment.

And the apartment... great design. Open floor plan, full kitchen, two and a half bath, two bedrooms, and actual plumbing (a much greater feat then then it sounds right now). That was one hell of an apartment.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435847717][/DOUBLEPOST]Or the time we were wanted men in our own city. everybody could see our conversation in chat but couldn't find us... priceless.

We really had a good time. I just wish I could have kept my first custom ship through the wipes. It was pretty beast. Rather... foxy, if I do say so myself. ;D

17. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Were you there when everything went to shit? The whole city was destroyed.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435858870][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hey, you weren't there when he cleaned up his act.