1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

So...

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Boz0

Boz0 New Member

Mine craft RP

GTA 5 RP

ARMA LIFE

GMOD RP - many settings to go with this one. I personally enjoy starship troopers RP

Feudalism Your Own RP

Day Z RP- actually works quite well if you like mic RP / direct chat typing (plus custom server support and script settings for those who want more spawns and vehicles etc.

Rust RP

Space Station 13 RP

Basically any open world multiplayer game / survival element crafting elements, etc.

2. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I'm poor as dirt but I'd like for the community to spread to other games as well.
    CSGO maybe?
    Team Fortress 2?
    War Thunder?
    Dirty Bomb?

3. Boz0

Boz0 New Member

Oh, and project zomboid is starting to have some.

4. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

That's why we expand very slowly. I only opened up those other forums because they don't cost anything to maintain.

Mmm... MMO RP... Maybe...? I'dunno... I've had iffy experiences in the past with that.

Dying has nothing to do with the current state of Starbound.
    I'm talking about the distant future.

5. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

I don't know if what Kazyyk plans is all Roleplay based. A lot of games are hard to roleplay in. But if anyone's played the HL2RP Garry's Mod gamemode...
    The good times.
    Most servers were public, but perhaps since we're a private(?) community, it may work out like it did four to five years ago. Once upon a time, when HL2RP was good.

Also, YAS. Zomboid, I've tried RPing on it and it just doesn't work, but it's good by itself. Amazing game but still in Beta like SB.

6. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

I like this community enough to buy whatever game we decide to play. That's my two cents, for what it's worth.

I already own Civilization V and Stardrive if people are into strategy gaming.

7. Boz0

Boz0 New Member

I'm pretty sure people only want to play something that can also incorporate RP into it.

Day Z Srs RP pls.

Bandit Groups,

Survivor Camps

Zombies

Farming

Vehicles

Or we could just set up a custom forum RP section to kill time in between crashes.

Do we already have that?

8. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I like this idea. We could even develop our own lore.
    (We do have Forum RP for Starbound already, though)

9. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

I saw an ad on the forum a few days ago to an RP-like thing. It's Lite RP, more of a mini MMO, but jeez I got addicted to it quickly.

Welcome to Improbable Island

We could probably do a form of forum RP. Not saying ImprobableIsland is forum RP, it's far from it, but I like the idea of it.
    ANOTHER EDIT; I love CS:GO, but would it really match the rest of the community's likes and preferences? Dunno. But don't get me wrong, awesome game.

#29 Not A President, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
  10. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Came for SBRP. I and probably a few others wouldn't mess around with any other server. When I look at communities in the past, there tends to be a pattern.

Hellzone Clan was a good RP community. They got most their people from PERP and HL2RP. They started up a CSS server since a lot of their players liked playing CSS. However, why play CSS when you can RP with the people instead? I feel like something similar would happen to Antares and another game would either split the community or just overall be a useless thing that one or two people chill on.

11. Cassidy

Cassidy The Strudel

If we are going to do Dayz rp, Lets do Dayz mod, none of this standalone bull.
    Mod Supremacy!

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Nobody's forcing anyone to play other supported games. But this is a community that shares interests in other games. It works two ways, if someone joins Antares from say, GTAO, they may be interested in SBRP.
    You don't have to crybaby about 'spreading a community thin.' This is going to happen with or without your approval, and you're being asked for your input on which games should be included.

13. Raideck

Raideck Member

I recommend Unturned for the rp
    I then recommend DDO for tactical gameplay

14. Wreth

Wreth New Member

There's no need to be rude about it. We were asked our opinions and I gave it, and apparently a fair amount of people agree. Just something to think about. People having different opinions to your own is not being a ''crybaby''

15. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

Lord of the Rings Online RP - Laurelin Server (Very solid, just avoid the Prancing Pony. Maybe create a Dwarf?)

Freelancer - Precursor to Star Citizen when it gets out, when Star Citizen gets out. People can host a server too.

ARK : Survival Evolved RP - It has dinos, need to say more?

Neverwinter Nights 2 - Antares Persistent World. Something Forgotten Realm inspired but totally custom in all aspects? I know there are some great PW-RP servers out there but they deliberately set a very low XP rate so you'll be spending more time repeating content over and over instead of having fun times.

16. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I want to kind of keep us RP themed? We support GTAV and Tabletop Simulator forums because both of those games can support potential RP. (Not that anyone RPs in GTAV, but... it's there.)

17. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I played on a GTA IV RP server for a little while on the 360. It can be done.

18. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

DayZ SA would be interesting for RP, if we keep it locked down to this community. As soon as any outsider gets on though, that's when any potential RP goes to shit.

19. OdinOnlineAlive

OdinOnlineAlive New Member

"The Antares Frontier isn't what it sounds like. It's not just another gaming site". I'd say try to keep the SBRP as the main attraction, but if you are interested in the GAEMZ I suggest Space Station 13. It is fun to rp in and has silly antics.

20. Crescentfury

Crescentfury New Member

I've watched Awe play ARK for the past week. Trust me, amongst dinosaurs crashing through you're stuff, there's a small population of the people on it are arseholes who would knock down your shitty shack, just to steal your berries.

So if you don't mind being chow for basically every dinosaur (It doesn't just have dinosaurs, it has a range of Ice Age Period creatures too, like sabrecats and dodos.) or the fact when you log out, you basically fall on the floor and don't physically leave the server. Meaning that you can be killed while offline and the extremely long waiting times, as there's like 70 slots on the online servers, and they're usually full. There's also a range of other things that haven't been ironed out yet as it's an early access game.
    If none of this bothers you and you just wanna run around with dinos, then, sure, go throw your money at it.