1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

So...

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Since our Starbound server has been acting up lately, what OTHER games would you like to see us support in the meantime while we keep trying to fix it?

I'd like us to grow and expand, y'know. Starbound won't last forever, and I'd like Antares to live on beyond Starbound. So another direction to start growing in would be nice.

I'm not saying I'm going to expand immediately. It really depends on what it is and if I can afford it the expenses that might be involved. We'll see.

So, yeah. Whatcha' want, folks?

2. Wreth

Wreth New Member

I'd personally rather see time spent on fixing the Starbound issues.

3. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

Starbound.

We come here for Starbound.

4. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

I heard a ton of people here play Elite: Dangerous. MMO space-age game.
    All I know is QuestionableMotives smuggles blackboxes all'a da teim and tells me about it.

5. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

A DayZ RP server sounds cool to me.

6. TheHitter

TheHitter New Member

Dude, Starbound or bust. Don't want none of this quitter talk!

7. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

With this community specifically, I'm also not terribly interested in other games.

It might just be my impression, but it's not a super cohesive group. The community formed around a game, with a niche element (rp) that had few other options. If I had to wager, it's mostly that which is keeping us together. The only thing I think that would spawn another large interest is a second Minecraft.

When your playerbase is this small (not knocking it, but it's no hundred plus), I think it's going to be hard to find enough people with a common interest to justify the work done.

I dunno, feel free to prove me wrong.

8. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

What the heck are you guys talking about? Nobody is quitting anything.
    Trust me, we're trying to root out the source of the issue.
    However, I'm expanding anyway. Antares isn't just Starbound anymore.
    I'm asking which direction to go in. It's happening regardless.
    That was partly the point of moving to the new forums.
    Do you guys not see the other two game forums we have now?

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

While I came here and expect to stay for Starbound, I really would like to see more roleplay friendly games. DayZ Standalone has some good potential, but it's nowhere near finished status yet. Their updates are slower than christmas.

10. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

I think at this point it's more a matter of figuring out what causes the issues. If all else fails, the next update should fix it. Hopefully.

I do agree with @Sermane though. Truth be told, we, as a community, are here for Starbound. We have our own little groups here and there, but I'd suggest taking it slow with new games, building up more of a loyal playerbase.

But yes, DayZ would be a fun game to play with other people.

11. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

Kaz, perhaps no one has mentioned this yet. And given our somewhat rocky history, I hate being the one to bring it up. Perhaps other people feel differently.

However, if I wanted to roleplay in another game, or potentially even play another game, I would likely use another dedicated service or community. It's not that I don't like you guys, in fact, I haven't been this accepted in a community for a long time.

I think that what Antares does best is Starbound.

12. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Antares will not die when Starbound dies.
    I'll make sure of this. We're not just a Starbound server, people.

We're a community. I'd hope what brings us together is each other and our fondness for roleplay and enjoying activities together.

13. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

We really aren't doing any quitter talk here. In order to expand the playerbase and make the community larger, we'd need to expand to more games. Personally, I'd stick to games that can be RP'd. Because when someone likes RP, they tend to try and find RP. At least, that's how it is for me.

Also, it's in our history as the Antares Frontier for Starbound that people have been quitting and constantly going on breaks because of the stress and drama that Starbound has. Or because of how long SBRP can take. On the old forums, you'd see plenty of farewells.

But expanding to other games? The playerbase would not die and the community would still have things to do together alongside Starbound.

14. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

In other news, I know a lot of people in this community play War Thunder or whatever it's called.

15. Wreth

Wreth New Member

I see them but i'm honestly not interested in them, and am not big on the idea of spreading a small community thin.

16. November

November Previously Sermane
    Staff Member

If you're set on something new, I know that (Jurassic P)Ark: Survival Evolved is becoming a thing. The survival requirements don't really make it condusive to RP (Suddenly a T-Rex slays you in the middle of that emotional paragraph), but it would be light rp'able with the tribes and such.

17. WholesomeBURN

WholesomeBURN New Member

I would love to see something else roleplaying-based. Maybe Guildwars 2?

18. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

I like how we're talking about a game dying that's constantly being updated on a daily nightly basis.

19. TheHitter

TheHitter New Member

This. In fact, the only problem is the crashing, that's only been happening recently. I'm sure in the next update, or maybe a new version of ILC, this will cease.

20. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

If the concern is the dipping server population, then we just need to look back a bit. It's been a fair amount of time since the last big update, people have been busy IRL recently, this has all happened before.

I just think it's a little premature to assume that Starbound is gonna die ANYTIME soon.

Otherwise, Dayz RP sounds neat.