1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Forum Improvements

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Hello, Antarans!

In this announcement, I'll be going over a few forum improvements.
    • Advertisements are once again optional and may be toggled in account preferences (this takes effect immediately and can be changed at any time)
    • Adverts will still appear for anyone who is: not logged in, has an unconfirmed e-mail, or hasn't uploaded an avatar - regardless of their opt-in choice in their account preferences.
    • Google AdSense has been completely removed in favor of Project Wonderful, which allows us to fund our own minimal advertising campaigns for more exposure using the ad revenue immediately and daily.
    • AdFly has been completely removed.
    • All monetization efforts have stopped. There will no longer be any locking of content, features, or bonuses behind paywalls.
    • Many Account Rewards have been made free and standard for everyone. Some perks previously purchasable must now be attained through good behavior and a community spirit. (In other words, we'll hand them out to those we feel have earned them.)
    • Rewards that have been made free for everyone include: Unlimited edit time, Unlimited Inbox space, Unlimited conversation participants, Unlimited tags, 250kb Avatar Upload size limit, the ability to setup the Auto-Responder, the ability to upload attachments to conversations, and the ability to create conversation filters.
    • Rewards that must be earned include: Ability to set a custom title, ability to use shoutbox colors, ability to skip the shoutbox cooldown, ability to skip the forum cooldown, Golden Star, and Unlimited Avatar Upload size limit.
    • Everyone who has unlocked these rewards previously through donations will be allowed to keep them.
    • There will no longer be any bonuses or rewards from donating aside from the Trophy unlocks (and our growth). The trophies serve as our thanks and recognition of those who contribute while maintaining our new direction to keep everything important freely available.
    • We will now be entirely dependent on donations but we will not ask for them anymore. Our community can survive without them.
    Cheers,
    Kazyyk

#1 Kazyyk, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  2. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

im not too sure about this, Kaz. i mean im all for free stuff but we might not be able to pay for the server

3. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

It's implied that I'll pay for it out of pocket.

4. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

oh
    sorry

5. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Nah, you're cool. I didn't mean it sternly or anythin'. *Thumbs up*

6. GoneDark

GoneDark Previously Darkwill

Classy move Kaz. Bold. Good luck paying for it. From someone who's broke at the moment, I can't imagine what its like to pay a bill that large right now. If I land a job here soon, you might start seeing some donations from me. No promises, but I have done it in the past for other servers, and with Antares being my home, it just feels right. Thanks again! :D

7. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

But then who will pay for the strippers. D:

8. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

[​IMG]

9. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Nice job, Kaz.

10. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I'm really enjoying these chicken tenders I picked up on my way home from work.
    I just thought you all should know.

11. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

You definitely looked at my profile picture and thought about saying that, didn't you?