1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Migrant ship goes missing on voyage to the Antares frontier!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by ituner14, May 31, 2015.

1. Solour

Solour a dad

I'm sure there's a reason you refused to wear a helmet in a situation where the BDU's were needed? Mysteriously disappearing long periods of time, without any notification? Then on your merry way as to not appeal; or reason with us about the ordeal?
    Scumbags like you are the reason we're needed.

-B.B.

2. Shoofly

Shoofly New Member

[Message Author: thenewrichardtracy@starmail,com]
    [Message Subject: Missing Ship]
    [...]
    [...]
    [...]
    [Begin Message]

So just a shot in the dark here, but maybe we should get back on track. A damn shame about the ship, and all that. Hopefully we can pull something together and keep an eye for them out here? Yeah?

[End Message]

3. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Starnet Network Connect code: 5LPDB1VLMJ
    Connecting................................
    Tetragrammaton Network System:
    USCM Babylon Encryption: Online
    USCM Jericho Decoder: Translating
    Demigod Interface: Initiated
    Mana Port: Linked
    Host Line: Connected
    Karma System V5.86 CS: Actuating
    Reincarnation Post Processing: Accessed
    ................................Connected

Interesting, I had heard stories of human arks when I was in the USCM. However I confused to why the USCM would send an Ark 292 years before the described beast arrived upon. Sure the human turmoil of their history has its problem like all races but my question is. What was happening 300 years ago that required a 1600 passenger 3rd generations ark ship?

I am sure the while at the time of departure that 1600 individuals being a loss is a big deal, while statically those number are lest then 1% of the total human population now days. Like all race once achieving FTL capabilities having their populations sky rocketing... Minus the Hylotl who had just a few billion being lost.

Lamont Cranston

Disconnecting............................
    Tetragrammaton Network System:
    USCM Babylon Encryption: Online
    USCM Jericho Decoder: Translating
    .............................Disconnected

4. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

This...is actually a good point. My sincerest apologies for derailing the conversation so. My first reply triggered all this.

Official vessel or not, that's a lot of people, supplies, and weapons on the line. That last one is probably not a good idea to leave sitting alone in this frontier...

I'll keep my eyes out. Anyone want to join the search?

5. Solour

Solour a dad

It's a needle in a hayfield. Best of luck.

-B.B.

6. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

I've got time to kill.

When you don't drink, have not sold your soul to a faction, and have next to no people who consider you a high-priority friend, you have A LOT of free time.

7. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tanji ~ Interesting little article, it does bring up questions as well. This Ark was obviously a pre-FTL era ship upon it's initial voyage, so when humanity achieved FTL capabilities did they not rendezvous with the ship? Surely they had the flight path and travel coordinates. I do agree with B.B. it will be a needle in a haystack to find these poor souls.

8. Tiphira

Tiphira New Member

Shame on you, whoever keeps throwing their needles out like that whilly-nilly. It's pretty rude to go putting your needles in peoples hay stacks and fields. Someone could step on it and really get hurt, or prick their fingers while trying to pick up some hay. So please stop it Mister or Missus Up-to-no-good.

As for the rest of you, finding needles isn't that hard even if they are in hay stacks. I have a super handy metal detector and some pretty nifty zoo animal magnets to help find stuff like that all the time. If you need some help, let me know.

- Abracadabra Darling

9. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

The average human must have a lot of fun talking to you.

On a slightly more serious note, if that metal detector can find a giant space ship lost somewhere among hundreds of planets all over the Galaxy, call me.

10. ituner14

ituner14 New Member

You seem to be confused by the details. The ship in the report is only a year old and was apparently a transport ship refurbished to be a colony ship. It is FTL capable and the journey from the inner systems should only have taken a couple weeks. Many of the passengers are refugees from the terrible attack on earth.

~Starnews@Antares

11. Solour

Solour a dad

A year old? The destruction of Earth was around ~8-9 year ago! Whoever refurbished this ship was damn well late.

-B.B.

12. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

Was it? I've only counted 2-3 years on my end since I saw the headlines.

...FTL Travel causes a hell ton of jet lag, I guess. Or you live in the future. Take your pick.

13. Solour

Solour a dad

It. Was. 8. Years.

-B.B.

14. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

I. Get. It. Re-read. Post. Damnit.

Actually I'll just spell it out to avoid turning this into another "u stupid" "sorry, I just thought-" "u stupiderest" argument that spans five more pages. If you're correct I guess my FTL drive just Planet-of-the-Apes'd me to some extent during my...abrupt toss from home and my less than fortunate attempt to fly from one galaxy to another which lead me here.

...I've gone a few years forward in time, basically. Makes sense scientifically, to an extent.

((But where's the source of that declaration that it was exactly 8 years ago? Was it just determined by the staff? Was there a huge open discussion that I missed? Am I a retard who just needs to kill myself with a shotgun right now? I'm just getting this awkward feeling like there's a ton of server-lore things that should be more public, if this isn't just something a couple players decided was head cannon in a Skype chat or something. Forgive me if you think this is insulting you or whatever. Just a little confused.))

15. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

((It is established lore of antares))

16. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

17. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

((It literally was determined before i was even here, back in december of 2013))

18. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

(( A New Policy - Starbound Wiki The established date to my knowledge is 2415. This codex suggests it was actually nine years ago, Earth was lost, seeing as the release of the codex was like in 2013. ))

19. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

((I hate making so much OOC...just going to make a convo))

((EDIT: Nevermind, your inbox is full so I can't. Frick. So sorry for the OOC...))

"After seven long years, the USCM has decreed that our bunkers shall be opened to friendly life from the outside"

Says nothing about Earth's destruction, unless there's another codex. The United Systems Colonial Marines have likely had bunkers for a long time, considering Colonial Marines are probably based around, well, colonies on other worlds and the codex "Subject: Standing Orders" seems to communicate that the bunkers were advised to stay put and stay alert when Earth was tentacle'd. My searches for additional codices have shown nothing. Is there any evidence saying it's been seven years SINCE Earth's tentacle invasion? I read it as seven years since the bunker(s) were established.

But since I'm outnumbered and you're part of a faction of like-minded individuals, you have the majority vote and the president-I mean staff has the veto. Whatever. I already IC justified my case if it's really been 7-9 years instead of 2-3. Carry on.))

#79 Mazékial, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015