1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Migrant ship goes missing on voyage to the Antares frontier!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by ituner14, May 31, 2015.

1. ituner14

ituner14 New Member

Star news Today!
    Latest reports are in from USCM regarding a migrant ship known as the Alanas Ark. In a statement from one of the lead commanders of the USCM, the Alanas Ark was due for arrival at the antares frontier over a week ago. The last know communications contact was a simple status update that contained no abnormal information. It is currently unkown exactly what happened to the Alanas Ark but there is speculation that she could have been damaged during her voyage. There is even speculation over possible sabotage or terrorist attack as the ship was meant to begin the foundations of USCM presence in the frontier. The Alanas Ark carried enough cargo to build a small city and a large undisclosed amount of military equipment. There were 1600 passengers aboard, most of them civilian volunteers looking for new life on the frontier. Commander James Hansen of the USCM gave us a statement during a press conferance.

"Let it be known that we have an emergency scouting fleet out looking for our lost ship. We have highest hopes that it will turn up." He said.

It is estimated based on the time contact was lost that the incident that caused cummunications loss happened during the final 300 light years of its journey. Unfortunately, this still leaves over 200 possible star systems it could be in. We will update if there is any new information.

• Make sure to subscribe to Star news today for the latest breaking news updates!

2. Raideck

Raideck Member

No one wants more meathead soldiers.
    -Gerik

3. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

rip in pieces
    -Galan

4. Solour

Solour a dad

what a strange story, seeing there's already a United Systems presence here. why wouldn't they contact us first? And O:E ratio would've been put off. Too many officer's a bad thing. Whatever reason they wanted to make a "first appearance" is beyond me.

-B.B.

5. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Sounds like a can of meat to floran.

Starnetuser5748

6. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

I'm still a little skeptical of just how connected to the main group the "USAF" is. Call me paranoid, but I've been shot at by five splinter groups too many claiming allegiance to the USCM with a sign in front of a compound only to turn out to be doing things to test subjects inside that would make the Miniknog cringe, nuking settlements because Xenophobia, and general being ass-faces.

If you provide the name of the USCM's ((chucklecanon)) head honcho and get him/her on the phone or have him/her provide a public statement verifying the integrity and officialness of your alliance to the United Systems and occupation of Antares, my skepticism will go bye-bye. But I have a funny feeling you can't do that for some reason or another.

Paranoid skepticism aside...actually, no. Paranoia, ho!

-Who the heck wrote this article and why do they care about this corner of space and going out of their way to broadcasting here?

-Why the heck do the "USCM" (or at least whoever runs the ship that is claiming the USCM as their banner) suddenly care about this one tiny crap hole in the middle of nowhere? The Galaxy's a huge place, there's plenty of other more populated places to go if they want attention and even more LESS populated dark corners to go if they want resources or expansion, both of which I have trouble believing the USCM lacks.

-Who the heck is James Hansen? Maybe I've been gone from core space for too long, but I've never heard of that guy. And I grew up on a USCM mining settlement, the son of a USCM security guard who would moan about how neglected our settlement was and call out all the higher-ups every other Tuesday. I would think the name would at least be familiar if my dad yelled it at one point during the times I paid attention.

If you need me, I'll be building a cabin in some woods with a crude conspiracy wall surrounded by torn up tabloids and shotgun shells.

Actually I'll just be on my ship or in my appartment, but the cabin thing seemed appropriate.

#6 Mazékial, May 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  7. Wreth

Wreth New Member

I feel like most of the USCM are trying to kill the tentacled beast. I bet there are plenty of USCM vessels controlled by refugees and deserters that have fled Sol thought.

Jack

8. Solour

Solour a dad

USAF = United Systems Armed Forces. The general collective branches. Should I spoonfeed you more, or leave you to think on your own? Look deeper into things before you assume out of paranoia.

-B.B.

9. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

Well excuse me then. The United Systems Colonial Marines are the only non-Earth-related military branch that I know of that represents Humanity. I am unfamiliar with any non-political military group claiming to be above them in the hierarchy or being a broader category that includes them

Either way, thanks for neglecting the entire rest of the point over two letters.

((Do not mistake this as me OOCly denying your faction's existence or trying to trash any work you've done. I'm just playing the role of a guy who grew up in a slightly isolated USCM Mining Settlement with only the fragments of human Chucklecanon to go on to know the state of humanity as a whole, in addition to having run into multiple trigger-happy rogue USCM NPCs and player characters. Love youuuuuu.))

10. Solour

Solour a dad

okay. every other "point" can be answered yourself.

-B.B.

people get mad over ic stuff? Like chill its videogame rp fun

11. Boz0

Boz0 New Member

@[MazAEkial]

If it makes you feel any better, I've never heard of the USAF either.

The U.S.C.M. is made up of human armed forces back on Earth. Ever since the tentacle attack, I'm not sure if there is even an organization left.

<MeanyGreeny543>

#11 Boz0, May 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  12. Solour

Solour a dad

ARMED. FORCES.
    The GENERALIZED collective branches, such as ONR, IF, CM, AF
    What isn't there to get! Yes, there's an organization! What aren't you people seeing?!
    -B.B.

13. Raideck

Raideck Member

Probably because no one cares about it.
    -Gerik

14. Solour

Solour a dad

>something about USCM
    >USCM disussion happens
    >I correct things
    >WELL NOBODY CARES ANYWAYS
    ???
    These events dont add

-B.B.

15. Wreth

Wreth New Member

I'm not sure the USAF is a real thing. I see signs that say USCM all over the galaxy but i've never heard of the USAF, I think they are just imagining things.

Jack

16. ituner14

ituner14 New Member

The USCM has stated that there is no officially recognized presence on the frontier, but it is willing to cooperate with rogue branches., please refer to official documentation regarding officially recognized denotations of the USCM on the frontier.
    ~Starnews@Antares

17. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

[​IMG]
    I wouldn't bother wasting my time with any of this nonsense, seeing as the so-called "USCM" is sending ships out to the Frontier and not the Navy. If they don't even acknowledge the current presence of a Marine task force out here, I'm skeptical about any "news" being valid from this network. No acknowledgement of Colonel Ashe Deschemblaine and his 87th Marine Expeditionary Unit out here? They've been here even before us, or this "Commander" fellow. I'd like to add there is no Commander rank in the Marines, that's the Navy. Your sources are likely poppycock, just like this article.

18. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

Oh hey, the author actually reads the comments. While you're here, then, how about actually answering...

As for that "B.B" guy, I understand what you're trying to clarify, but I question the acronym intensively seeing as I have literally never heard of it being used until a month ago out here in Nowhere, Antares, much less that it is supposedly THE ENTIRE SUM of humanity's military, when the USCM is the only universally recognized acronym for the space-faring military.

Secondly, to reword one question since supposedly it is irrelevant to you if I refuse to say "USAF"...

Why. In hell. Is apparently a chunk of humanity's entire military out HERE, of all the random frontiers in the galaxy, why here, so far away from more populated space. I have trouble believing this is the closest place for resources (and there are plenty of other less populated planets that may be more ideal), and with Earth becoming a Hentai-lover's wet dream I would think expansion to be the last thing on humanity's agenda. Unless we've gotten THAT stupid, anyway.

EDIT: and while still skeptical of the authenticity of the "USAF", the guy above me makes the best point concerning the news network itself.

19. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

[​IMG]
    I shall clarify for you. In the Frontier, we operate as a combined force of Naval and Marine elements. We refer to ourselves as the Armed Forces because we are not just the Marines and not just the Navy. We are a task force with both in the mix. It encompasses all branches but doesn't mean the entirety of the United Systems military is out here, that's just stupid.
    That's just disrespectful.

20. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

Alright, that makes much more sense as to why you go by the name you do. Thanks for that. Still skeptical as to if you're part of THE same USCM that ran my home, but that's just due to way too many bad experiences with fakers in this frontier (heck, maybe THEY were the splinter group. Doubt it, but that would be ironic). I'm also still confused as to whose dumb idea it was to send a team to establish a front way out here, but I imagine if you're the "real deal" there's a lot of fancy red stamps blocking my view.

As for that last liner, well, it's true. If we can't make fun of our own problems they'll just weigh us down. Or something.

...Point is, the OP is bullcrap, most likely.