1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Valius: Looking for Investors

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Diehardpatriot, May 14, 2015.

1. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

< Connecting . . .
    < Connection Established . . .

Hello Antares.

In an effort to provide a home to those who lost theirs after the fall of Katune, as well as bring an industrial element into Antares, I and a few others have begun fundraising for Valius; a volcanic colony just outside central Antares.

One might ask why any sentient with a shred of self preservation would want to build on a volcanic world. Well Valius isn't like most other worlds; It possesses an abundance of minerals, ores, raw materials, and potential geothermal energy. While not the prettiest place in the Universe, it is by far one of the more valuable for it's ores alone.

However, due to the nature of the environment, a steep funding cost is required; one that my group alone can't meet. We've already spoken to a number of faction and colony leaders and have secured almost half our funding costs, I now ask the people of Antares to help in constructing a place that would help bring locally manufactured and mined materials to Antares.

Investors/Donors will remain anonymous until requested otherwise.

Contact me at [email protected] if you'd like to make a donation, comment here if you have questions or concerns. Please no criticism, if you don't want to donate just move along.

FUNDS RAISED: 307,270 Px
    GOAL: 500,000 Px

Latest Donation: + 40,000 Px
    ((Smokestack))

< Closing . . .

((OOC: So basically me and a few others are building a first for the server: A colony built on a volcanic world. As staff have been cracking down on the economy and ass-pulling, I'm trying to make sure that the funds received are justifiable. If you don't feel you can justify the funds you're giving, please refrain from doing so.

I'm keeping a list of everyone who's donated and how much that I may or may not post depending on who wants to remain anonymous.))

#1 Diehardpatriot, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
  2. Tallen

Tallen New Member

*Logged in as [email protected]*

Yep. 'Fall of Katune'. In other words 'we called the Florans and told them to feel free to raid the place so we didn't have to deal with it anymore and be damned everyone who built their homes there and paid us for it.'

I like the idea of an industrial place, but for a home? Fuck it all. I don't like how rural Dexter's is but I would take it over a volcanic world every single fucking day. Maker damn it I walked all over it and didn't find a single fucking computer.

3. Diehardpatriot

< Replying...
    < Reply Submitted . . .

This StarPage isn't meant for positive OR negative criticism. Yours seeming to be the latter

Please refrain from commenting again unless you actually have the desire to make a contribution instead of echoing complaints we've already heard.

< Closing . . .

4. Tallen

Tallen New Member

Whoops, can't have fellow sapients drop in and point out business flaws, can you? Okay then. I would like to contribute with ten pixels. Should be enough.

5. Diehardpatriot

< Replying . . .
    < Reply Submitted . . .

Donation accepted, please transmit funds to the following joint account at StarPal: [StarLink]

If you've seen a business flaw, feel free to point it out. So far all you've done is repeat criticisms directed at a dead colony and state your opinion that you wouldn't like to live on a volcanic planet. The colony itself would be surrounded by an Enviro Suite to maintain a comfortable environment for all species.

This is a bias free place for the impoverished of Antares to come, work, and make a life for themselves. Places like The Gardens might provide a stable source of food and maybe income, but it's just another Asani or Katune. Valius aims at changing the status quo, if you don't want to be involved in that go right ahead and keep living your own life. I'm asking that you not blindly berate or criticize what is for some of us, a last chance.

< Closing . . .

6. Tallen

Tallen New Member

Well you are certainly doing a good job of avoiding the criticism! But alas, as per your request...

Hmm...

I wonder.

I gotta hand it to you. Dexter's didn't ask any funding and is willing to give anyone jobs as simple as farming and carpentry. Then you claim this is for the impoverished to come?

Donation sent. Good luck!

7. Diehardpatriot

< Replying . . .
    < Reply Submitted . . .

Donation received, much appreciated.

Katune never asked funding either, but if it had I imagine it would have been wildly more successful.

We could try and fund this ourselves, though it would take as many weeks as it did for Katune to acquire the funding, this is a simply faster and more involved way. Individuals who donate or invest would get an actual say in the development in the colony, it's features, it's exports, it's imports, etcetera.

< Closing . . .

8. Tallen

Tallen New Member

You have a wonderful way of talking while denying to clarify all the points brought up. This is the second time in a row you did this, now, keep it up!

9. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tanji ~ Weren't you the leader running Katune? Why would any one follow that same that lead in Katune? While the investing sounds good to me, I would only invest into a colony that has not just a established setup, but one that has a strong leader that will not fail the colony. Needless to say you can count Saltus out of your investment opportunities.

[On a side note: I like that idea that in order a colony to be build their needs to be investors of some type. In fact a rule that sets how many investors are required to build a colony would be nice to see.]

#9 Yotan, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
  10. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

If this goal is met, contact me again and we'll talk business. Until then, I can't justify trade with a theoretical colony.
    -Greg

11. Diehardpatriot

< Replying . . .
    < Reply Submitted . . .

A new development:

Post construction the individual known as 'Max' will have no direct involvement in the government of Valius, only existing there as a resident and possible consultant.

The individual known as 'Devi' will take over as the reigning leader of the colony and should be talked to post construction if you wish to contact the leader of Valius.

[Attached is a somewhat lengthy document stating that post construction Devi will have full control of the colony and its assets. There are no loopholes or clauses.]

< Closing . . .

12. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tanji ~ Interesting. Then why does Devi not voice upon this matter?

13. Gustwood

Gustwood New Member

I am currently not in charge of finances at the moment, but I can help with questions about the colony in any way via. private message.

Thank you for your time.

[email protected].

14. Tallen

Tallen New Member

I apologize but... Devi?

I know her. She is not in fit position to take care of a colony of her own. She is under medication. She has been acting irrationally.

Max, this will only strain her even further. Are you insane? Out of your plucking mind?

15. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Isn't Devi an avian who gouged the eyes out of another avian in the middle of Katune bar one day for some lame insults? And as far as I know her sentence was staying one single night in jail.

She also assaulted Luke a few nights ago in Dexter's, and showed a complete erratic behaviour, breaking several supplies at the clinic.

-logged in as [email protected]-

16. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tanji ~ To me it sounds like this new colony will not have a bright future at all. A bit too unstable of a governing body over the colony.

17. Raideck

Raideck Member

Max always going in head first.
    -Gerik

18. Gustwood

Gustwood New Member

To all of the people who are concerned: I am aware that there have been several events in my past that I regret. However, I am now on a new dosage of medicine, and I am feeling quite well. Don't believe me? Come arrange a meeting with me at anytime I am available, and see me for yourself, rather through the lens of people online. Valius will be a place for people to start again and make a good life for themselves, I am doing so as well. Once again, private message me at any time if you have questions.

Thank you for your time.

[email protected]

19. Tallen

Tallen New Member

20. Gustwood

Gustwood New Member