1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Official Lore Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rezima, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Keep in mind, it's a game. I can guarantee you that Chucklefish did not put this much thought into it.

2. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

It's 8 and 16. (8 for respawn, 16 for nuru).
    [​IMG]
    human clone and human in-game.

Either the clone is younger than the player character human (as in the dna used to base the clone on is from a younger dna sample, thus it's a younger version).
    Or my super "autistic" (thanks, wreth) analysis is completely wrong.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431634269][/DOUBLEPOST]Yeah i'm probably overanalysing, huh?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431635593][/DOUBLEPOST]But nuru being smaller does just signify that "younger florans" are a bit smaller than the adult ones, even if i'm overanalysing the respawn animation thing, nuru does say she's not of age yet.

#182 Khaltor, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
  3. Rezima

Rezima New Member

It's more or less in line with how we viewed them already, so it should be easy enough to tweak it slightly or leave it as is as needed.

But I feel I should state for the record that we shouldn't take single data points as gospel, we like empirical evidence for a reason, we need to be careful so we don't read too much into this

Florans seem to be able to suppress to their lisp to some degree, though with their weird carapace mouth it would likely be like trying to suppress an accent only a tad harder, but now we know with more certainty that it is possible!

They likely have some form of child phase as well, but being plants it is likely much shorter and they probably come out mostly matured size-wise

Something else, though a tad unrelated, on the subject of florans 'controlling' plants. Florans are likely very good at raising plants and growing them into the shapes they want, but they do not have the psychic ability to somehow control and bend them to their will. They cannot grow guns, but they can likely grow pieces that they use to modify guns they scavenge to fire wooden spikes, as they would only have a finite amount of ammunition for it, making it necessary for them to adapt guns to fire ammunition they can create.

4. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Florans can command a table to grow larger to accommodate more guests. That kind of growth would only be useful if it occurred quickly.

5. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

I too think Florans do in fact grow their weapons, doesn't make much sense that they'd only be able to grow "parts" of it. The ammunition would be "finite" in the sense that once it runs out it requires time to regrow or produce more ammunition.

Despite that, Florans can still raid Apex, Human, Avian settlements and steal their supplies, so the argument that they only use weapons which they can produce themselves is moot.

The Floran plant magic/BS is comparable to the Avian crystal magic/tech, in a sense.
    Avians, Florans and Glitch are probably the most "primitive" races, whereas the apex, hylotl and humans are quite advanced (as a society), so for Avians (who were literally just "given" their crystal tech) and Florans to be competitive they have these crystal, plant and scavenger gimmicks.

6. Rezima

Rezima New Member

I more mean if they steal a human gun with human ammo it will be functionally useless once it runs out of human bullets.

To fix this they would modify the human gun with floran parts to make it a floran gun that fires floran ammo.

(also crystal tech guns kind of suck compared to most other guns, they just LOOK cool)

I have honestly never seen evidence to support the florans commanding plants to grow like that,