1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Novakids's products and such.

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Darkwhip, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Darkwhip

Darkwhip That Russian-Canadian-Nazi

So if I understand correctly your point, you agree that Florans should be able to not ''hiss''. Alright; but some people said '' No we don't want it '' In the end, shall we really listen to those people ? Just like said Wreth, I don't think so, except if it was officially prohibited in the server because there's a proof it's possible.

For the Anodyns(Brandless-looking Novakids) we already spoke about them above, see yourself; it's official lore.

Exacly.

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

It is my understanding that Chucklefish-set lore is the default, unless otherwise mentioned. It is my belief that any modifications to this lore should be justified reasonably and agreed upon. I would like to see reasonable justification for the removal of lispless floran, novakids with invisible brands, and any other facets of canon lore.

Additionally, these things are rather trivial topics of debate. They only have to do with physical appearance, and really there would not be any dramatic changes in either direction if one stance or the other were agreed upon. All I see this doing is either limiting or expanding creative freedom.

3. Darkwhip

Then read above as I said multiple time, you'll have your explanation of the ''Bandless'' Novakids which are Anodyns.

4. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

You misunderstand. I was speaking in support of keeping hidden-brand novakids. I want to see a valid reason why anyone believes they should not exist in this server's lore.

5. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

No-one has issues with a Novakid with a brand hidden below the surface, the issue is with Novakids with literally no brand or a face instead of whatever.

6. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

Literally this. I'd appreciate it if people just made the brand a darker colour than the plasma using SBSE, so it actually looks like there's a brand inside the head.

7. Darkwhip

Here I found the official topic on the Anodyns, the guy who had the idea first.
    And surprisingly, the Anodyns doesn't have Brand nor memory leaks, they instead have a core in the head which doesn't change the fact they are sensitive to headshots, see yourself. They praise some gods too, it amused me. They seem to live in the Greek Era which is also interesting.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/meet-the-anodynes.16705/

8. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Anodynes are not the race that was added to Starbound, however Novakid were inspired by Anodynes.

9. Darkwhip

They just said above that Brand-less Novakids were called Anodyns, then what is the big deal ? They're almost identical. We can definitely say for exemple that if you create a Novakid with no visible brand to be an Anodyn, just like we used to say: Novakids and Anodyns are close cousins. The only thing that change is their type of core (Brand for Nova and normal core for Anodyns) and Era they live in. We could use the original creation/idea topic of the Anodyns as lore and use the Brandless Novakids skin to be an Anodyn. That way the argumentation about if yes or not if Novakids should have a visible brand or not would have a valid and coherent explanation. Having Anodyns as a second star-born alien would be the explanation of '' brand-less Novakids ''

In the end what I am saying is: Brand-less Novakids could be the Anodyns as it was created at first so we would have two plasma alien, because we can with the game's content and it would make more sense than having Novakids with brand being in the head and not visible.

Actually, Anodyns could be a sub-specie of the Novakids. Something like that.

10. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Making a novakid with no actual brand would be entirely changing the way the being worked. The idea of a brand is that it projects some elegromagicnetic membrane around the novakid. It's a piece of metal.

To have this "core" or whatever, is entirely different. I'm assuming its like the core of a star, which is a dense mass of fusing plasma. Entirely different from a brand.

This is, essentially, making an entirely new type of being.

11. Darkwhip

This is exactly what I was saying... we discussed previously about the fact that in the character creation we can have brand-less Novakids. At first, we didn't understand why and then one person mentioned it's because brand less Novakids are Anodynes which is actually a sub-specie in my opinion. The link I shared above tells more about them.

Some people suggested that the Brand less Novakids would have a Brand IN the head and not on the surface. Instead, I think we should simply say that the said ''Brand less'' Novakids are Anodynes which is a different specie but quit similar. Once again, see the link I shared above.

12. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

You seem to have misread my message, or actually, skipped over entire sentences.
    "Making a novakid with no actual brand would be entirely changing the way the being worked. The idea of a brand is that it projects some elegromagicnetic membrane around the novakid. It's a piece of metal.

To have this "core" or whatever, is entirely different. I'm assuming its like the core of a star, which is a dense mass of fusing plasma. Entirely different from a brand.

This is, essentially, making an entirely new type of being."

A subspecie would be like different ethnicities of humans, like causasian, african, etc. In the novakid, it would be different color (unless youre following the whole lore of red giants and stuff) or brand. What you're suggesting would be like a sub-specie of humans who was cold-blooded or something massively different like that.

Every novakid needs a metal brand to be a novakid. To do otherwise would be to make a new race. A race similar to the novakid but fundamentally different. As also stated, the link you posted was to an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT RACE which, indeed, led to the creation of the novakid, but was not in and of itself, a novakid. Thus, anything on that link is technically invalid.

I propose we say the brand is hidden and be done with this.

13. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

I'm glad at least one person in this thread knows what they're talking about

14. Darkwhip

Invalid ?! You kidding me ? The guy who made that topic is the source of the Novakids, Novakids are simply a ripped-off of the Anodynes. (Just like you said.)
    And tell me how a fucking piece of metal generates fucking electromagnetism ? It's fantasy, I hope you knew that.
    You're simply digging too deep.

Concerning the Anodynes and their core, we could indeed see it as a core similar to a sun's one. The core would ''create'' the skin to keep the plasma just like does the metal piece for the Novakids. I mean it's simple just don't question it, take it as it is. I just tried to say that if people agree with ''Brand-less Novakids'', well it should be Anodynes which would be a different specie of the Novakids but similar as they are both made of plasma.

Anyway, the best would be to speak about this with the server's staff I guess before introducing something new. Because yes I'd like to see the possibility to add Anodynes in the server, because we can; it's already in-game (More or less)

15. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I'm done, this is a waste of my time and it affects me in no foreseeable way.

16. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Custom race, not allowed. Simple as that.

17. Darkwhip

It's not like if it was a mod.

18. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

1) Vanilla Races Only
    Antares doesn't support custom races, either through mods or roleplay. You can play as a: Human, Apex, Floran, Hylotl, Glitch, Avian or Novakid. Any cross-breeds or creations of the imagination aren't permitted on Antares. Unique races may be permitted as approved by a Staff member. See Rule #2 for more information.

19. Darkwhip

I know that I have read the rules when I registered here. I am just pointing out a possible solution for the Brand-less Novakids mentioned days ago.

20. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

But, cores were mentioned, cores are a totally different thing. And all metals can generate electromagnetism and actually only metals can be magnetic. So...