1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Novakids's products and such.

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Darkwhip, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Darkwhip

Darkwhip That Russian-Canadian-Nazi

Hey all, so I recently made a character named Plutonia and I was quit surprised to see that not much drinks and products existed for Novakids. (As there's none IG duuh..)

Well so as we know, Novakids are plasma characters with a sort of transparent skin ? You guys agree with that ?
    We can also agree on the fact that when they eat/drink, the product is most likely quickly consumed by the plasma once in touch.
    So we can definitely compare a Novakid to a star consuming fuel elements to keep burning and shining.

So the point here is to point out some products that Novakids are accustomed to consume, to allow the RP between a non-Nova and a Nova to not be left empty handsd when they ask stuff !

So here is my list:

Star Buster:

Ingredients: Plutonium powder, Unrefined Oil, Whisky
    Type: Drink, Strong
    Effects: The Novakid emits a small amount of heat and some micro-burst from its chest for around 2 minutes

Golden Star:

Ingredients: Solarium Powder, Pure alcohol
    Type: Drink, Very strong
    Effects: A good amount of heat emits from the Novakid and micro-burst from the chest for around 5 minutes

Prisiline Star: (Obtainable in ILC)

As it is the toughest stuff in the universe according to the description, I thought that maybe it could act as a drug for Novakids. Making them dangerous to consume.

Type: Drug, Very Dangerous
    Effects:
    - Gives a lot of energy to the Novakid who consumes it ( Likely to be hyperactive )
    - Miedium burst from the Novakid, some could hurt a bit (all body parts) for around 1 hour
    - Prone to vomit plasma because the system has too much fuel so it pulls out the surplus.
    - Possible death by exploding if taken in big quantities

All kind of rods/fuel ores:

To uranium rods to Solarium Rods, the strength and quality depends on the rarity which means Solarium is sort of a luxe and Uranium rods cheap food. Erchius liquid fuel and Oil would be the very cheapest.

Fleshies's food:

I would say that it would be quit quickly consumed when eaten, not much rewarding in terms of energy for Novakids.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for now, if you wish to make your own; don't be shy. Having some suggestions ? Tell them !

2. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Remember energy for humans is calories.

If you take a piece of food and burn it, the more calories it has the brighter the flame burns.

Makes sense for novakid to be same, only instead of getting chemical energy like humans they use it as fuel for their fire basically.

How do novakid eat? The creator of the novakid said they eat like this.
    [​IMG]

Novakid do drink the evidence for this is that ''Moonshine'' comes up in their name generator as well as the general cowboy theme.

Basically food for novakid is anything that can be burned for energy. In real life this included everything humans eat. Alcohol is flammable too.

3. Darkwhip

Yeah, but normal food shouldn't be as efficient as proper fuel.

4. Solour

Solour a dad

It shouldn't, but it is, miraculously.

5. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

It doesn't quite make sense in that they would only have energy as long as they're burning that fuel. Once it's burned away, they'd have to find more fuel immediately to continue burning. But they don't have to. they have a metabolism of some kind. How exactly the METABOLIZE food (without particles floating around in them constantly) is beyond me. Phagocytosis is easy, but Novakid have no obvious organs to contain energy to burn over extended periods of time. They'd consume quickly, and burn out.

Unless the brand somehow acts as a battery, recharging off the combustive process.

6. Darkwhip

Good point, but we could take the idea of suns ? Every suns has a core, we could say that Novakids have a core which controls the metabolism and also explain their skin, something to contain their plasma and makes ''work'' the rest.

7. Solour

Solour a dad

theyre just sun people.
    who burn food.
    they get way more energy from said food, than other organics. it's not that hard. think simple.

8. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

That core is their brand, which is stated to be responsible for their 'skin'. The difference is that: a star's core IS its fuel. Suns don't have to eat anything to burn.

This is more or less conjecture. Debate for debate's sake. Like every 'Floran Genders' thread and every 'Talon Hands' thread and every 'Space doesn't work like x' thread it's likely to have very little effect on how actually people roleplay or have a distinct effect on the rules of the server.

9. Solour

Solour a dad

which is why I just said don't think too hard about it.
    It's easier to say they get much, much nore nutritional value from food.
    realistically? they'd have to be constantly eating, or not eat at all. or perhaps eat just for the fun of shoving things inside, to burn.
    why think too hard over something that some people'll just use their own head-canon anyways?

10. Darkwhip

Well like Solour says let's just say they eat fuel and food and consume it slowy like a sun or to imitate a digestive process ?.. Oh and I don't agree very much on the Mark acting as a core as we can create a Novakid without logo.

11. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

It's called a 'brand' and it really should be necessary as I'm fairly certain it is what binds a novakid together. I think anyone who wants to play a novakid without a brand, or with a face or whatever, should have to talk to the mods about it as that shits technically a custom race.

As far as all this 'fuel' stuff is concerned, they're not like a starship or a sun, the amount of fuel they consume would be the same as any other living thing, which means they'd be fine eating and drinking the same as a human. My reasoning behind this is that they just need to keep their plasma core burning, rather than power complex bodily functions (organs, muscles etc) or even digest it. This also means there would be no wastage (except perhaps some gas they'd release).

That said, I'm totally onboard with the idea of novakid exclusive food and drinks (similar to glitch exclusive food and drinks) that include actual fuels for efficiency. It's a great idea. Except uranium. The radiation wouldn't be good for people around you.

12. Darkwhip

Well in the character creation makes it possible to have a Novakid without Brand, it's part of the game itself and it's not because Uranium is bad for others that Novakids can't consume it, it's a personal choice, you know.

13. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

Brandless Novakids go against their entire lore.

14. Darkwhip

Well shit sorry, it's there e.e

15. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Exactly my point. Just because you can do it doesn't mean it is acceptable.

16. Darkwhip

Do you guys have a source that mention Novakids absolutely need a Brand ?

17. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

18. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

The force that drives the Novakids is contained within the brand on their faces. Charged with huge amounts of energy, these pieces of metal generate the hard plasma “shells” which stop their constituent gases from leaking – if a Novakid is depleted of his or her vital gases, the energy contained within their brand is instantly vented into the very fabric of space-time, leaving only a twisted metal symbol and a nearly undetectable warping of light around the area of death.

Source: http://starbounder.org/Novakid

Interpretation:

The brand is what actually generates this electromagicnetic membrane. Without a brand, a novakid's innards (which I'm assuming is some sort of magic plasma) would merely dissipate into whatever medium the novakid was in when it lost the brand, assuming it had one in the first place.

19. Davarpe

Davarpe New Member

Just saying, maybe, and just maybe, to attempt to make that lore firnedly. The novakid without brand, it is not a novakid without one, but a novakid with a pretty small brand? Like dust size?

20. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Novakid brands behind in their face is why novakid's are vulnerable to headshots like the other races.

Perhaps brandless novakids just have their brand inside their head, not at the surface. But still in their head and still giving them the same vulnerabilities of the other races.